Hacking [HOWTO] Play Rock Band Backups

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there's a modded gamma that runs off of IOS232.

Apparently Waninoko started with IOS37 and saw that IOS36 was more compatible for his patches. The only way to really know is to test every game possible on CIOS37 Gamma.

I do believe that wad installing still works with CIOS37 unless you install the Korean disc support version. Now if someone was to patch the Korean disc support CIOS it may be possible to add Wad support to it.

I am by no way an expert at IOS's but I do try to keep up with the releases. (Always cheering when the great hacking teams find a way around Nintendo's updates.)

Also I'd like to thank WiiPower for his multi-Cios installer made it a breeze to install CIOS37.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arek1985 said:
Well there's a modded gamma that runs off of IOS232.

Apparently Waninoko started with IOS37 and saw that IOS36 was more compatible for his patches. The only way to really know is to test every game possible on CIOS37 Gamma.

I do believe that wad installing still works with CIOS37 unless you install the Korean disc support version. Now if someone was to patch the Korean disc support CIOS it may be possible to add Wad support to it.

I am by no way an expert at IOS's but I do try to keep up with the releases. (Always cheering when the great hacking teams find a way around Nintendo's updates.)

Also I'd like to thank WiiPower for his multi-Cios installer made it a breeze to install CIOS37.

This is exactly why I say use Soft-Chip for RB. If you want compatibility, install Soft-Chip IOS232 and keep Gamma at normal IOS249

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
6) Pop your SD Card in your Wii and go to The Homebrew Channel. Boot up the cIOS installer. Use the D-PAD left or right to change it to this:

“Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232”.

Just a quick question, I have everything setup on my SD Card (using the Channel instead of the Launcher from the H-Brew channel), but when I go to install custom IOS37 on IOS 232, I don't have the option. It gives me an option to install on IOS 249 and has several different things (IOS 55, IOS 36, etc) but the are all for IOS 249 not IOS 232. I have not installed the channel yet either. Is it a matter of me having to install the channel then the IOS or did I screw up somewhere. Also D-PAD left and right does nothing, UP and DOWN seems to change it though.

EDIT: Problem solved, Wii-Mote wasn't working right, switched remotes and had left / right options...

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok stupid question time ....

If I am reading the first post correctly, a 3.2E Wii (complete with the 'safe' 3.3E update and shop installer) with a Wiikey modchip shouldn't need any IOS updates in order for Rock Band and Rock Band II to work fully ?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
AdamBrunt said:
Ok stupid question time ....

If I am reading the first post correctly, a 3.2E Wii (complete with the 'safe' 3.3E update and shop installer) with a Wiikey modchip shouldn't need any IOS updates in order for Rock Band and Rock Band II to work fully ?

You don't need a cIOS if you have a chip
smile.gif

T1nmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Yes, but this has side effects. Did you install a wad after doing this? I think Waninkoko's first custom IOS were cIOS37, but then he went for cIOS36.

Could you please give more details on the side effects please?
unsure.gif

TIA

cerebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
Mrkinator said:

You don't even need Softchip to run this.
Just install as IOS 249, then it works with Gamma.
Done it myself. No problems with any other backups.

This does work BUT then my balanceboard doesn't work properly, I can't even weight myself I get an error

UPDATE: maybe not since I just uninstalled it and still have my problem, but I'm going via the wiifit channel so maybe that is the problem will test with the original game.

kwack

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,

I followed your instructions on how to put the instruments on Rock Band 2. I have tried installing the rock band channel AND the gamma... The only problem is that when i get to the loading screen, it goes blank with the black screen
sad.gif

I have a Japanese wii modded wih 3.1J firmware... i believe.

Is there any way to fix this??

Thanks In Advance!

xAoshix

Trophies
XP
Country
kwack said:
Hi Guys,

I followed your instructions on how to put the instruments on Rock Band 2. I have tried installing the rock band channel AND the gamma... The only problem is that when i get to the loading screen, it goes blank with the black screen
sad.gif

I have a Japanese wii modded wih 3.1J firmware... i believe.

Is there any way to fix this??

Thanks In Advance!

i have japanese wii with backup loader gamma and rock band 2 work fine, but i need change language for japanese.

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get rock band backups to work, but for some reason the USB microphone doesn't work... does anyone know why?

I'm on 3.3U with Softchip, IOS37 installed as 242.

any help would be appreciated, even though I normally just play drums.

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If i install the channel version, i do not need to install the 17 files? i only should install the soft chip rock band channel?, if not, where can i get the 17 files?

viensanity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecyanaura said:
I can get rock band backups to work, but for some reason the USB microphone doesn't work... does anyone know why?

I'm on 3.3U with Softchip, IOS37 installed as 242.

any help would be appreciated, even though I normally just play drums.

I used to get that problem... I found that unplugging and replugging the mic after loading the backup will get it to work.

vicvares

Trophies
XP
Country
Mrkinator said:
I've seen way too many posts saying they don't know how to play Rock Band "Backups", So Here it is.

(Ripped straight from my RB customs guide, So if anything says customs, It'll work for backup too)​

Rock Band Soft-Chip

This part assumes you have The Homebrew Channel already! If you don’t know what or how to install Wii Homebrew, Google it.

NOTE: If you have a mod-chip, you probably don’t need to worry about this section, just boot the disc as you normally would. If it doesn’t work with your chip, try the steps.

Files Needed:
Soft-Chip (not needed if choosing channel version)
cIOS Installer

IOS37:
Files are in the cIOS Installer readme.

Optional Files (If Installing Channel Version):

WAD Manager
Soft-Chip Channel Version By Mrkinator

Steps:

1) Go to your SD Card (in “My Computer”).

2) On the root of your SD Card, create a folder called 00000001. Inside that, create a folder called 00000025. Inside that, create a folder called v2070. Inside that, put all 17 files of IOS37 in it.

This is the structure in the end (X:\ being your SD Card) X:00000010000025\v2070

3) Go back to the Root of your SD

4) Go to the apps folder (make one if you don’t already have). Make a “Soft-Chip cIOS Installer” (without quotes) folder inside the apps folder. Put the “cios_installer.dol” in that folder and rename it to “boot.dol” (without quotes)

Optional: If you want the channel version, skip steps 5 and 7. Go to step “Channel Version”NOTE: USE THE LATEST CIOS INSTALLER,DON'T USE THE ONE FOUND IN MY CHANNEL PACK

5) Go to the SoftChip.zip and copy SoftChip folder inside it (the one with the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml inside it). Go back to the apps folder and paste the SoftChip folder.

6) Pop your SD Card in your Wii and go to The Homebrew Channel. Boot up the cIOS installer. Use the D-PAD left or right to change it to this:

Then click A

7) Once it’s done installing, go to SoftChip in The Homebrew Channel. Make sure you boot under IOS 232 (follow the instructions it says.) Pop in your disc and press A.

YOU’RE DONE!! Enjoy Rock Band Customs

Channel Version

1) Put the channel wad in the WAD folder (Wad folder on the root of your SD, If it’s not there, make it.)
2) Put the WAD Manager in the Apps Folder
3) Do step 7 above
4) Go to WAD Manager in The Homebrew Channel.
5) Install the Channel. Go back to the Wii Menu
6) Go to the “Rock Band Launcher” Channel and click start. Make sure your Rock Band Custom Disc in. IOS232 will be preloaded, so Click A.

YOU’RE DONE!! Enjoy Rock Band Customs
(and the freaking awesome channel Mrkinator made!)

Hi, According Homebrew I have installed IOS36 v12.18

I followed all the steps but I got an error
frown.gif
like Failed -1017 or something like that......

HEEEEELPPPPPPP PLEASE!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-1017 means that your IOS has the trucha bug fixed. If you have a cIOS installed, use WAD Manager to install the IOS36 v1042 wad. Don't ask here for a link, it's illegal, but it should be possible to extract it from an original game with wufe. (not the oldest ones, but released before the 3.3 update).

I guess you are at 3.3 or higher, so the alternative would be to downgrade and then try again.

vicvares

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
-1017 means that your IOS has the trucha bug fixed. If you have a cIOS installed, use WAD Manager to install the IOS36 v1042 wad. Don't ask here for a link, it's illegal, but it should be possible to extract it from an original game with wufe. (not the oldest ones, but released before the 3.3 update).

I guess you are at 3.3 or higher, so the alternative would be to downgrade and then try again.

COOOOOOLLL Thanks for your advice Bro.

Now I am Playing like a crazy!!!

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ted Bundy edition