Hacking Emulation Gaming Is it morally correct to pirate games that cannot be obtained officially from the company that made/published them?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I pirate Blur for PC, because nobody will sell me a legitimate Steam key for the game. So fuck 'em, I have no other choice. It's the best modern combat racing game out there, and I just wanna buy a legit copy.

Reactions: Xzi and BigOnYa

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, just because you can't officially obtain it doesn't give you the right to steal something. Like Nintendo with Mother 3 they haven't ported it to America so I should be able to pirate it right? No, what if they do it later, it is still their property not yours to possess. But who cares really, morals for something like that are not necessary. Morals for more serious things are necessary like don't have sex with a child. But as far as pirating a game it's just if you can live with yourself or not, it's just you feeling guilty no one else cares nor will they punish you.

Reactions: TheCryOfHatred

Frankbel

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How it is possible that people pair terms as rape and steal to piracy? WTF
Duplicating some code is nowhere close to harm someone.
Yes, I do pirate gaming since the nineties of the past century. And I have tons of stuff paid, much more than everything I could have unlegitimately duplicated.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How it is possible that people pair terms as rape and steal to piracy? WTF
Duplicating some code is nowhere close to harm someone.
Yes, I do pirate gaming since the nineties of the past century. And I have tons of stuff paid, much more than everything I could have unlegitimately duplicated.

How do people fail so bad at reading comprehension? I didn't compare rape and piracy, I said one was who cares and the other was serious.

Reactions: TheCryOfHatred

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Legally? No. But morally i see no problem here because if there is no one selling it legally to you then there is also no damage done.

Blakeskits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lil Samson can NOT BE PLAYED without dropping 1000$ or emulation. Games like this are pretty much any game not on PS5, PS4, XBONE, Xbox series, Switch, or PC via modern launchers

Blakeskits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post was likely made due to Citra shutting down or the general talking of emulation in the gaming community. Yuzu was shut down "fairly" rightfully caused by the people using it wrong and Yuzu taking the blame for it. Citra should still be in the right but is merely guilty by association. I don't think Nintendo was specifically out to get Citra shut down, as the haven't done this for other popular emulators that many people use ONLY to play pirated games

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking strictly in retro gaming? Yes. I feel no guilt in downloading games from a bygone era. In recent years? No…
My stance too. I'm not buying a working GBA, charger, and game the publisher doesn't care to sell anymore from some random person on eBay when I can use the hardware I already have.

Reactions: Alexander1970

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You cannot justify piracy period.
you wouldn't piracy a period.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?