Korean Common key released

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest posting on hackmii.
http://hackmii.com/2008/09/korean-wii/#more-143

Bushing has got his hands on a Korean Wii dump and extracted the common key.

This key is different to the one every other countries Wii uses and meant ISO images could not be investigated.

The result of this release is that Korean discs can now be manipulated by applications such as Trucha and Wiiscrubber.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So, I see that he posted the key itself in the post. I was assuming that it was like the previous key release, and that it was illegal to spread it around? Is this still the case?

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a funny kind of rule I believe. The normal common key is posted in one of his other bloggings.

What it seems to be is that in the USA, with the DMCA, the key is classified as part of the circumvention device for the protection. In other words if you distributed it on an American based site then you would be in contravention of the DMCA.

Outside US those rules would not apply but other local rules might.

That's why people tend not to post it as a lot of sites are hosted on US servers and so would fall under the DMCA juristiction.

What I believe anyways, probably wrong, and I'm sure 100 internet lawyers will decend at any moment and correct me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1