Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14IGL7 CPU upgrade

TanMasked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've been meaning to replace the CPU of my Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14IGL7 laptop with something of higher superiority.

Is replacing the CPU on this type of computer possible, and if so, what CPUs do you recommend?

(P.S., my current CPU is an Intel® Pentium(R) Silver N5030 CPU @ 1.10GHz × 4, and I'm running Ubuntu 22.04.3.)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can you desolder and reball a cpu? Because it seems to be a soldered bga cpu.
Plus it's probably not wise to try to change cpu since the BIOS might be limited to this cpu

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been meaning to replace the CPU of my Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14IGL7 laptop with something of higher superiority.

Is replacing the CPU on this type of computer possible, and if so, what CPUs do you recommend?

(P.S., my current CPU is an Intel® Pentium(R) Silver N5030 CPU @ 1.10GHz × 4, and I'm running Ubuntu 22.04.3.)

Get a better computer instead.

• Angry
Reactions: TanMasked

TanMasked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Get a better computer instead.
Mate, I'm not made of money. I can willingly shill out €50 for a new CPU, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy another sodding computer.
Post automatically merged:

Can you desolder and reball a cpu? Because it seems to be a soldered bga cpu.
Plus it's probably not wise to try to change cpu since the BIOS might be limited to this cpu
I have no soldering skills in the slightest. And I've no clue where to get a soldering device. Can they be found somewhere like, let's say, Woody's (the UK and European hardware store?)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Mate, I'm not made of money. I can willingly shill out €50 for a new CPU, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy another sodding computer.
Post automatically merged:

I have no soldering skills in the slightest. And I've no clue where to get a soldering device. Can they be found somewhere like, let's say, Woody's (the UK and European hardware store?)
You don't go from no solder experience and jump to BGA reballing.

Reactions: TanMasked

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your laptop cost like $160 so don't complain, beside you have the best cpu available for that model, you can't just put any cpu with any laptop.

1709156004373.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol