Hacking Make an USB Game Channel.

spAik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it on my wii. The channel shows "???" in data management... in the menu it isnt even there.
doesnt this guide work for 4.0?

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got 4 working wads and 3 non working, I don't get it.
huh.gif

It worked great at first, however some of my channels get an error while booting. It says 'error -1 while loading dol'. The games work fine when using the USB loader itself though.

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for this guide
smile.gif
just made a channel for Wii Play and i was having some trouble with changing the id but i just edited the .tik and .tmd

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HandsomePete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darkstar87 said:
I'm trying to make a Sonic and the secret rings channel, everything is fine until 'vc out.wad' at which point it falls down, complaining 'can't open title.tmd!'

I'm using your tools and wad and have unhidden everything. I'd love to get this working as i've got loads of PAL games i can make channels for. Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

same thing happening here

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
thanx guys can run myw short cut to cmd was wrong..
smile.gif
..now after i run and enter title id it says cant open commom key does'nt exist ( ihave a common key in the folder and its not hidden) can some pm me one or is it against the rules)

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
REALDEAL said:
thanx guys can run myw short cut to cmd was wrong..
smile.gif
..now after i run and enter title id it says cant open commom key does'nt exist ( ihave a common key in the folder and its not hidden) can some pm me one or is it against the rules)
OPPS corrected now title wad completed can i just rename this Little league series baseball

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
hungyip84 said:
Could anyone try to use this as the base wad to make game channel and see if you can launch the game?

This is the smallest wad i have seen but I could not get it to work with this wad. I can make the channel but the channel could not boot the game.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496

What I did:

Extract the wad.

Replace 00000000.app and 00000001.app with correct file

Pack the wad

Use VC to change title id

I am trying to find the smallest wad so that I can keep my channel small. I heard that homebrew channel wad is the smallest one so I downloaded the wad from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496 and use this as my base wad, but it's not working.

I used the base wad provided in this post and it works.

Would it matter which base wad I use? I thought that it would not matter

Hope someone could answer my question
biggrin.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xomp said:
skawo96 said:
xomp said:
Holy crap I'm ignant, I forgot to unhide those files... /facepalm

Anyways, my end result of Super Mario Galaxy came out to be 978Kb and it installed fine on my Wii, but when I go to run it from the Channel it just says "Press any button to restart Wii" and it just restarts my Wii. What did I do wrong?
Are you sure you have a Super Mario Galaxy iso on the HDD? And with the exact same ID you wrote in hex editor?

I do have it on the HDD, I'm just not sure which ID it uses. How would one go about finding out the ID of a game?
smile.gif

Use USB loader and go to your game press A once next screen would have game ID posted as well...just in case you do not want to disconnect your USB HD.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There's something i dont understand. I'm runnign a NTSC-U Wii, all game channels I install should be NTSC-U or it depends on the game?
I'm asking this because many of my games arePAL or NTSC-J since I have a region free chip.
If I install a game channel from another region will it cause a brick?

Damn3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Little question again, when i want create my own channel (not yours), for Okami et Mario & Sonic at Olympics Games, when i want launch the game, the game launch but i have a black screen and a message say "Please, insert the DVD of Okami game", someone else, it's not an error but the same official message of the game if i play with the DVD and i eject.

Have you an idea? other game are ok (i've make for the moment 15 channel for my personnel use)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Is it possible to apply this method to make channel with the dol which has Ocarina On + autoboot ?

neos_83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
hungyip84 said:
hungyip84 said:
Could anyone try to use this as the base wad to make game channel and see if you can launch the game?

This is the smallest wad i have seen but I could not get it to work with this wad. I can make the channel but the channel could not boot the game.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496

What I did:

Extract the wad.

Replace 00000000.app and 00000001.app with correct file

Pack the wad

Use VC to change title id

I am trying to find the smallest wad so that I can keep my channel small. I heard that homebrew channel wad is the smallest one so I downloaded the wad from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496 and use this as my base wad, but it's not working.

I used the base wad provided in this post and it works.

Would it matter which base wad I use? I thought that it would not matter

Hope someone could answer my question
biggrin.gif

It doesn't matter which wad you use, because you replace the 000000.app and 0000001.app with your banner and dol respectively. The rest (00002, cert, tik, tmd) is pretty much generic. I doubt you'll be able to make a channel smaller by using a different wad, because its the 000000.app and 00000001.app parts that will have more of an impact on the channel size.

BTW, there are numerous ways to specify the channel id. If you don't want to use the vc tool, then u can just hex edit the tmd and tik files before packing with wad packer. Or you can specify the channel id with wad packer at command prompt:
ie. wadpacker.exe *.tik *.tmd *.cert wadname.wad -sign -i ABCD
(just replace ABCD with desired channel id)

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkstar87 said:
I'm trying to make a Sonic and the secret rings channel, everything is fine until 'vc out.wad' at which point it falls down, complaining 'can't open title.tmd!'

I'm using your tools and wad and have unhidden everything. I'd love to get this working as i've got loads of PAL games i can make channels for. Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

Hi guys Im getting the same problem that when i run CMD and type vc out.wad i get the error can't open title.tmd. common-key is not hiden and CMD is defaulting to folder one.. anyone able to help?
(do i actually need to scub the iso and store it on one of the folders.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jovanah said:
Darkstar87 said:

Hi guys Im getting the same problem that when i run CMD and type vc out.wad i get the error can't open title.tmd. common-key is not hiden and CMD is defaulting to folder one.. anyone able to help?

are you logged in as an administrative account on your computer? If not, that may be your problem.

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maduin said:
jovanah said:
Darkstar87 said:

are you logged in as an administrative account on your computer? If not, that may be your problem.

Yep my login is the admin account, I also have UAC turned off but i tried the run as admin and still got the some error. Even when i unpack a wad and then repack it with out editing anything i get the same error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...