Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
You just need a valid savegame (start the game from Disc) before alt-dol works
Won't this be a problem, since the disc has a built-in update?

unsure.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
nIxx said:

unsure.gif

No it wont, you can either install startpatch or preloader hacks and use the skip disc update check option. Or use wiiscrubber and take the update partition off the disc itself and use the same effect

technosexual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
WiiPower said:
Lol, you did not have to. And i think this game is similar, most likely you only need to run the game once normally and let it create a savegame.

Could have sworn that, when the game first came out, you could only see the 'automatic' Motion+ plus video if you loaded the game off disc ?

no, you can use alt-dol from disc and have it launch player.dol. even from a game ripped to usb

TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
QUOTE(nIxx @ Aug 26 2009, 12:18 PM)

unsure.gif

no, you can use either preloader or startpatch to bypass disc updates. you could even use gecko os to skip the update.

you should just be able to load the game with no alt-dol to get to the main game selction screen, then youd have to exit out and use alt-dol from there.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technosexual said:
no, you can use either preloader or startpatch to bypass disc updates. you could even use gecko os to skip the update.

you should just be able to load the game with no alt-dol to get to the main game selction screen, then youd have to exit out and use alt-dol from there.
So... You're saying that I could...

01. Install the game onto my USB hard drive using USB Loader GX.
02. Run the game, WITHOUT Alt. DOL selected, until I get to the main screen.
03. Exit game.
04. Run the game, WITH an Alt. DOL selected.
05. The game should now run?

unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
technosexual said:

So... You're saying that I could...

01. Install the game onto my USB hard drive using USB Loader GX.
02. Run the game, WITHOUT Alt. DOL selected, until I get to the main screen.
03. Exit game.
04. Run the game, WITH an Alt. DOL selected.
05. The game should now run?

unsure.gif
It was said before that you need a valid savegame
Booting the game to the main menu probably creates one
so then you can load it with alt-dol
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Have read elsewhere (but can not confirm) that even with alt dol, MP3 does not work in LoaderGX. MP1 and MP2 are fine.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can 100% confirm that MP3 does not work in GX or on disc. Still waiting for someone to provide the correct layer break to see if that helps anything.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because using them from the disc makes you re-select the dol every time. Renaming & using them from SD/USB eliminates the extra steps.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
D34DL1N3R said:
I can 100% confirm that MP3 does not work in GX or on disc. Still waiting for someone to provide the correct layer break to see if that helps anything.

Just curiosity, did you download the ~3.95 GB compressed version or the full scene release?

Yeah, I know both are Dual Layer decompressed, but probably that is a bad scrub or something, I mean, no way 4 GB could fit all the 3 games. And MP3 could be screwed in that release. IMO, max compression it could get is 6-7 GB, even scrubbed, just like SSBB, otherwise it will have problems. Do you know what I mean?

Cheers!

mahern4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 7gb iso file..but I don't have the original disk with me.

So I guess I could load the alt dols 'from disk'. But I still need a save file, right?
Is this the solution of getting this to run on a USB loader?

Also, is the neogamma able to load this, or do the same issues occur?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
It has been suggested that just playing the game via USB Loader up until the menu screen (at which point it will crash, without the alt dol method, when you choose a game) is enough to create a save game file.

I haven't seen this confirmed though.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just curious as to whether it works correctly (DVD9 release) on cIOSrev14...since from what I am to understand dual layer support was broken (ie: SSBB). Anyone know?

ultimatedra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also am having this problem with Metroid prime trilogy.
I have installed a 7.5 GB iso from the disk own to my external hard drive. it will boot the game up to the point when i select what game i want to play, and it will reboot the wii main menu.

You have discussed about having to install alt .dol files, but how do i do that?

right now i do have the HBC installed on my 4.1U wii, USB Loader GX rev715
i do not have any problems with any of my other games i have on my hard drive so this is a new issue for me.

Thanks ahead of time!

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright this is weird, I just burned Metroid Prime Trilogy to disc and it played perfectly, but when I tried to go back and play it refused to load, so i updated my Cios from rev10 to rev14. This made the game play again, but when I attempted to play the game again refused to load again. I then went back to Cios rev10 and it booted again, but when I tried to play again it refused forcing me to go back to Cios rev 14. This is forcing me to change my cios version every time I want to play it. What cios version is ideal for playing dual-layered discs. Also, could the problem be my media (I don't know what bad media would require me to change my cios every time I play it though) I'm using Fujifilm DVD+R DL.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
7,x GB are you serious guys? I think it should be around 8,5 GB, everything below is scrubbed or worse. Oh and mentioning cIOSrev14 reminds me:
Somebody uploaded a version of the game dumped using an usb loader, this is really really bad. And if cIOSrev14 was used the .iso is completely broken. I'll explain, here's a list of the cons why you should not use cIOSrev x to dump this game:

rev7: no DL support
rev8-13b: Apply main.dol patch for 001 error ==> disc may be unsigned, and it's definatively not 1:1
rev14: 1 or more sectors are not read at all

And for playing the game, cIOSrev14 will cause some error on this game, maybe it's the MP3 can't be played error.

PS: The version with less than 7GB can't be taken seriously if you want to play all 3 games with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ramming your rom
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also if my older brother does a clean Windows install I will ask him to do that dual boot thing to have Linux aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    On my pc
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Clickbait
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If it wasnt obvious enough lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you did click it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, there was no way of knowing if it was gonna be clickbait or not until clicking it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess it's just a click then
    +2
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    Hi i was wondering where i can download a fresh istall for the mii maker on wii u (EU). The consol is not modded jet but the mii maker is corupted
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
    Arne214 @ Arne214: where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)