Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
ultimatedra said:
I also am having this problem with Metroid prime trilogy.
I have installed a 7.5 GB iso from the disk own to my external hard drive. it will boot the game up to the point when i select what game i want to play, and it will reboot the wii main menu.

You have discussed about having to install alt .dol files, but how do i do that?

right now i do have the HBC installed on my 4.1U wii, USB Loader GX rev715
i do not have any problems with any of my other games i have on my hard drive so this is a new issue for me.

Thanks ahead of time!

In LoaderGX, click on Metroid Prime Trilogy and choose Settings. Click on "alt dol" until it says "DOL from Disc" (or something similar) and new option should menu immediately below it. Click on this option and you should be presented with (IIRC) a choice of 4 .dol files, one of which is the menu screen whilst the other 3 point to the 3 games.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
7,x GB are you serious guys? I think it should be around 8,5 GB, everything below is scrubbed or worse. Oh and mentioning cIOSrev14 reminds me:
Somebody uploaded a version of the game dumped using an usb loader, this is really really bad. And if cIOSrev14 was used the .iso is completely broken. I'll explain, here's a list of the cons why you should not use cIOSrev x to dump this game:

rev7: no DL support
rev8-13b: Apply main.dol patch for 001 error ==> disc may be unsigned, and it's definatively not 1:1
rev14: 1 or more sectors are not read at all

And for playing the game, cIOSrev14 will cause some error on this game, maybe it's the MP3 can't be played error.

PS: The version with less than 7GB can't be taken seriously if you want to play all 3 games with it.

Afaik, the 1UP release is a true 1:1

So, you say rev14 will cause some errors. Same errors would occur in rev13, or it would work fine? I am just curious as to this whole "broken DL" in rev14. It is obviously broken to rip titles according to what you just said, but I was under the assumption that it was also broken in playing DL titles....since it is with SSBB.

ultimatedra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
In LoaderGX, click on Metroid Prime Trilogy and choose Settings. Click on "alt dol" until it says "DOL from Disc" (or something similar) and new option should menu immediately below it. Click on this option and you should be presented with (IIRC) a choice of 4 .dol files, one of which is the menu screen whilst the other 3 point to the 3 games.

This has worked!

So here is what i did, sence i have the actual game disc, using USB Loader GX

1-Ripped the game to the External HD.
2-Select the game, but instead of playing the game select settings.
3-Select game load, select Alternate DOL until DOL from disc is displayed
4-under Alternate DOl it should say DOL from disc and there should be 4 options.
rs5fe_p is the main menu. You are required to play this first to create a save file.
rs5mp1_p is Prime 1
re5mp2_p is Prime 2
rs5mp3_p is prime 3

select what game you want to play, and it will boot your save from the selected game.

ENJOY!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cIOSrev14 breaks the last sector of the 1st layer, so it affects both playing and dumping. And it affects ALL DL games, and SL games that fill the disc completely. The other cIOS do not have this issue.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
cIOSrev14 breaks the last sector of the 1st layer, so it affects both playing and dumping. And it affects ALL DL games, and SL games that fill the disc completely. The other cIOS do not have this issue.

Ahh...thanks for that info! I was not aware *exactly* of the issue. You really know your stuff
smile.gif

D

Deleted-119707

zektor said:
WiiPower said:

Ahh...thanks for that info! I was not aware *exactly* of the issue. You really know your stuff
smile.gif

so you use hermes cios to run the game?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I was 99% sure that this would be an alt-dol requiring game, but I was hoping that it wouldn't. Just sucks to have to be able to change the settings in the menu every time you want to choose a different game. Oh well, I'll just play it from the original disc when I pick it up in the next few weeks. Need a disc in there anyway for most games, might as well be MPT.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
zektor said:
WiiPower said:

smile.gif

so you use hermes cios to run the game?

Either that or backtrack to a previous cIOS until it is fixed.

xvetrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ISO, I used WBFS manager 3.0 to put it on my external hard drive, loaded up the main menu screen so it created a save file.

When I try to select alternate dol from disc, the option below it goes blank, and freezes my usb loader if I click on it. I am using USBLoader GX rev715. Should I try downgrading my loader? Or should I extract the dol files and use my sd card?

xvetrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
I get an error trying to intall the game onto my hard drive. WBFS manager wont open the iso

Restart your computer. I had the same problem, right after it finished downloading, and thats how I fixed it.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:

So, how can I dump the 1:1 ISO ?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
WiiPower said:

So, how can I dump the 1:1 ISO ?

Maybe Superdump?

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a RETAIL Metroid Prime Trilogy dvd here now.... is there anything I can do or test to see if I can get this up and running for everyone or even some people?

Edit... I have a usa 4.0 wii key wii, also running a 1tb usb loader gx not 100%sure what rev but a very recent one (channel).
It says it wants a system update from the disk channel, but i'm ignorning that for now, staying clear of it.

UPDATE* Rev715c IOS 249 (rev10)
I launched Mortal Kombat Armageddon with the alt dol method and it worked a charm
I launched Metroid Prime Trilogy without the alt dol method, and it let me save a profile, and then reset on trying to launch MP1
I then tried to select ALT DOL from DISK, but when i did that my usb loader froze then and there, had to hard reboot.... Anyone know why?

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pop006 said:
I then tried to select ALT DOL from DISK, but when i did that my usb loader froze then and there, had to hard reboot.... Anyone know why?

I'm pretty sure the "alt dol from disk" feature in GX has dol offsets hard coded for each "alt-dol game". Since the Metroid Trilogy just came out, and there have been no revisions since, it wouldn't have offsets for this disk. Maybe that's enough to freeze the loader.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
update your gx ive been playing MP1 and it works a treat, in gx it should show 5 .dols, im currently running cios rev14 and gx rev 715 using the standard forwarder to point to the app and not the channel

main.dol = ???? didnt try
rs5fe_p.dol = Main Screen i think but didnt try
rs5mp1_p.dol = MP 1 game
rs5mp2_p.dol = MP 2 game
rs5mp3_p.dol = MP 3 game

when selecting the dol, select the game u want to play by choosing the correct dol, cfg is a better loader for alt-dols, you simply select atl-dol option and save game setting then when u load the game it will ask you what dol u want every time u load it, select the dol for what game u want

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I update my USB LOADER GX (sd version), and went in to select alt dol from disk... and got a code dump... could this be because im on cios249 (rev 10) and not Rev 14???

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sometimes deleting your config file fixes certain code dumps especially when updating from very old to new revs the latest gx is 715, check your credits screen in the setting to find out if yours in the most up to date rev.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Pop006 said:
I update my USB LOADER GX (sd version), and went in to select alt dol from disk... and got a code dump... could this be because im on cios249 (rev 10) and not Rev 14???

Use CFG USB Loader. That's all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhe5d1WED8 +1