ROM Hack Moving voice files to another language game

takutosuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I have a game where I would love the voice to be Japanese and the text to be English. Okay, it's Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. Is there any way to take the japanese voice clips and put in the english version, you think? Or are the 3DS files just not structured that easily where the voice clips are just in their own folder or something?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I know that the 'HD' version received an 'Undub", but googling for a 3ds equivalent turns up nothing... which is unusual, as most stuff that can be undubbed has been - so it kind of implies it might be a tricky one to pull off.
Someone else may know more.

Reactions: takutosuki

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just moving the files around didn't work for me. I tried a few years ago to use the japanese files in the us version and caused all sorts of issues like voices not syncing or cutting out in several parts.

I don't know if it's possible but it would definitely take more work than just swapping the files, unlike games like FE Fates and Stella Glow which i managed by just swapping the files with the japanese ones.

Reactions: takutosuki

takutosuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just moving the files around didn't work for me. I tried a few years ago to use the japanese files in the us version and caused all sorts of issues like voices not syncing or cutting out in several parts.

I don't know if it's possible but it would definitely take more work than just swapping the files, unlike games like FE Fates and Stella Glow which i managed by just swapping the files with the japanese ones.
Aw dang it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: lol