Hacking My System menu 4.0 install guide

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kongsnutz what is the difference if we update from the system settings or waninkoko 4.0 upgrader do you know? or anybody else in that matter
smile.gif
?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All those apps work Hamster, Tested by me.

Difference installing via Update than waninkoko's installer.

The update is a full update from the channel replaces all IOS with new ones but doesn't over write IOS249.

Waninkoko's:

it just updates the menu and adds only the needed IOS files. Keeping most trucha signed..... however this will break compatibility with games later on. You'll need to always install new wads.

@callmebob...... no you can still use wadmanager after the update to install new wads then move to sd card and delete using wii menu.
when it loads from SD the wii esentially installs the game to nand briefly before running, so no tickets are needed all works fine.

P.s a little birdy told me that Waninkoko is working on Wadmanager 1.4........ that will install to sd card aswell, so no need to move

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shasta588 said:
I haven't installed the homebrew channel yet and I updated to 4.0 already do I need to downgrade and how do I do that

You can't install a new Twillight Hack and HBC on a 4.0 Wii. So you also can't downgrade.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yummy said:
I have a question: acording to the tutorial, we have to say "NO" to IOS61 installation & to the newest shop channel...

Why?...
unsure.gif

you don't have to skip but when you update to 4.0 you'll get these new files anyway........and the shop channel one is USA only.........so it could screw some wiis if you don't skip it.

I'm looking at source code to try and take all but the IOS60 out

@ GHORK

100% false it uninstalls nothing

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thnx for the quick, accurate answer kongsnutz!!

Count me in! Since I´m chipped, I was mainly using Starfall just to turn off that annoying background music anyway.

Still, if a new version, or other way is found to make it run, it´s back on my system.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
so you should skip ios61, because it will be installed by the update and would overwrite it
but why isn't ios60 overwritten then?

Loft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if you update with this, you still lose Starfall/Preloader, but still have a WAD manager to install WADs? Surely that leaves it open to banner bricks with no way of recovering?

Would a safe way around this in order for WADs to play off the SD be to downgrade to 3.2 with Starfall/Preloader, install the WAD so the ticket is there, update to 4.0 then copy the WAD to the SD card? Long winded I know, but would that be a safe way to install WADs?

Trademaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
A question, I have 4.0 already installed and a cIOS (rev8). Can I install the patched IOS60 still, right?

Thanks a bunch.

You'll be able to copy from sd and will gain some VC functionality, and all Wiiware functionality.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
Thnx for the quick, accurate answer kongsnutz!!

Count me in! Since I´m chipped, I was mainly using Starfall just to turn off that annoying background music anyway.

Still, if a new version, or other way is found to make it run, it´s back on my system.

Awesome!!

kedest said:
so you should skip ios61, because it will be installed by the update and would overwrite it
but why isn't ios60 overwritten then?

It's not over written because when it's patched it has a higher version number so that it doesn't get over written.

Loft said:
So if you update with this, you still lose Starfall/Preloader, but still have a WAD manager to install WADs? Surely that leaves it open to banner bricks with no way of recovering?

Would a safe way around this in order for WADs to play off the SD be to downgrade to 3.2 with Starfall/Preloader, install the WAD so the ticket is there, update to 4.0 then copy the WAD to the SD card? Long winded I know, but would that be a safe way to install WADs?

It leaves it open to banner bricks yes......but i have never used Starfall/Preloader ever not once and i never had a brick or even half brick, don't install stuff that you have no idea what it is.

But yeh your method would work, it's just messy

QUOTE(Gamer @ Mar 26 2009, 06:35 PM) A question, I have 4.0 already installed and a cIOS (rev8). Can I install the patched IOS60 still, right?

Thanks a bunch.

YES........Indeed

QUOTE(OriginalHamster @ Mar 26 2009, 06:35 PM)
It's taking forever update to 4.0 -.-

Can you people stop updating, the Nintendo server is being hamered, thank you XD

LMAO.........took me a while also

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so I updated with wanin's 4.0 updater and I while I can move installed wads from the system menu to the sd card, they won't run. They will only run if there's a copy on the system and on the sd card...which is pointless. Does this method, allow for this to work, so we can run installed wads off the sd card without having a copy on the system menu?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm on wii 3.2U if i read your guide right i need to first install the hacked 4.0 before i update if i'm correct.

also if i have things like preloader installed and starfall and cisocrop won't my wii brick after updating because right now i'm thinking of using system menu wad before i think of following your guide.

this is also important for me to know do emulators still work i think i read some where in this thread they do but in another thread they don't.also i need to know of the emulator channels.

if i'm also correct i think all the launchers should still work right and it is still possible to downgrade.

how can i tell if i have this installed already i think i do but not sure IOS249 rev7 or 8

i'm only considering doing this because i don't download virtual console games that is what emulators are for and also i don't have a sdhc card right now i only have a 2GB sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    wth is that?
  • bernard_kekette @ bernard_kekette:
    A version of ModMii
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and what is ModMii
  • bernard_kekette @ bernard_kekette:
    a tool to install WADs on the Wii
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    nice
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    WELCOME TO WARIO WORLD THE UNDERGROUND GBATEMP
    +2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    LMAO
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Wario world underground
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why yellow potatoes come out so creamy when you roast them
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Did you soak them B4 hand?
    Cool. Though I'm Not the effeminate type. You know, the limp wrist, Sascha walking type of gay. :)
    Though I Do Cross-Dress Once in awhile :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The home just confuses your wardrobe
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil: