Hacking ncWBFSTool

bastyen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I bought a Wode and I have a lot of game in a ntfs HDD. These games are in .wbi format and I want to put them in .wbfs format on my ntfs HDD.
Do you know if it's possible ?

Sorry for my english... ;-)

Best regards

PS : it is possible to add to this software an option to convert .wbi format to .wbfs format ?

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doesnt look like nubecoder's interested in this anymore. Dont even suggest the 'official support' forum for this tool
he hasnt replied to anything posted there since dec 2009..

Issues with FreeAgent Desk™ 1.0-TB USB 2.0 Drive.. no support for using that drive with ncwbfstool. It worked perfectly
for almost a year then suddenly after adding a couple new games, ncwbfstool refuses to 'see' the drive anymore.
earliest version sees the drive ok, but too many options added between that version & latest version that ive grown used too.

hopefully he comes back around to sort it out.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
simply enable "Enhanced Drive Detection" from the "Config" tab then it should see the drive again, not to hard to figure out

Wii Backup Manager is better IMHO as its up to date and very stable and doesnt need .NET

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
simply enable "Enhanced Drive Detection" from the "Config" tab then it should see the drive again, not to hard to figure out

Wii Backup Manager is better IMHO as its up to date and very stable and doesnt need .NET

enhanced drive detection IS set to on, always has been..

Backed up drive, formatted it with ncWBFSTool and it works UNTIL i hit the 501 game mark.. Then it looses the drive agian!!
Works OK till the 500 mark, but as soon as it goes 501 its gone.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pakrat said:
pepxl said:

enhanced drive detection IS set to on, always has been..

Backed up drive, formatted it with ncWBFSTool and it works UNTIL i hit the 501 game mark.. Then it looses the drive agian!!
Works OK till the 500 mark, but as soon as it goes 501 its gone.

It's a WBFS partition, I take it?

WBFS partitions have a 500 game limit.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pakrat said:
thanks thought i was going mad !!!

Is there any limit for fat32 or just the size of the HD

There's no limit on FAT32. You should use a different tool to manage the drive, though. Wii Backup Manager (gui) or WIT+WWT (powerful command-line tools.)

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though the creator of this pc app hasn't been around for about a year
i have to thank him/her because WBFS manager just WASN'T working for me after two weeks of constant fatal error and crash at start up.

I got tired of it and came across this wonderful and cool looking app with its skin mode ahh that's nice.

Last edited by KingMuk,

Tetsuo9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm having a major issue with this program. I managed to fix my broken partition and format it so that games will work on it again, but when I took all my games off the partition prior to formatting it, something went wrong, and a huge chunk of my games appear in gibberish when I click on "Add Games". Any attempt to add these games gives a "not enough space" error, and all attempts to use other managers has failed.

Thanks in advance.

herudae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, i've trying to format my Samsung S2 320Gb with various WBFS utilities but none of them could do it, now i'm trying this, clicked to format my HDD, a "WBFS formating is starting" (or something like that) poped up, but there is not progress bar or anithing to see how much it has done or how much is left
frown.gif
How much time shoul i wait?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.howtogeek.com/without-consoles-pc-gaming-would-be-much-worse/