Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rexobias said:
2) If this last Update is real, should I install it and then following the tuturial? In step 2 it says to install the last firmware, so I think I should
I wouldn't update. I'm actually really curious as to why step 2 is there.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if I downloaded a corrupted WAD file last night, but it didn't install. I sure hope that doesn't mean Nintendo actually updated my system without letting me know after all. That would be horrible...

Rexobias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I repeated the guide starting on step 3.

I'v had this ERRORS on step 7:

Code:
[+]Installing IOS34 v1039, please wait...
»Downloading and installing content #09... ERROR! (ret = -1)

[+]Installing IOS35 v1040, please wait...
»Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1017)

[+]Installing IOS36 v1042, please wait...
»Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1017)

Should I repeat this process until I didnt get any errors?! Yesterday I've got more errors ...

EDIT: Well I repeated the process 2 more times and I didnt get any errors. After that I made step 8 and finally it worked just fine.

I tried my modified games and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Bleach booted using Gecko OS.

Disaster Day Of Crisis keeps wanting to install the update, even with "block updates" option activated on Wiikey, but I can boot it using Gecko OS ...

The only problem I'm having is with NTSC games. I tried Crash Mind Over Mutant and after pressing "Lauch Game" I get the list of information of Disc (the normal screen) and then screen turns black and White and after that I only see everything grey
frown.gif

The same happens with my No More Heroes (I thought it was a modified PAL version but probably is the NTSC Version).

Now what?

EDIT2:

I made it ... I booted NTC games. It was a option on Gecko OS/BackUp Loader I was missing.

Everything's working, thanks
biggrin.gif

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GhostSonic said:
Rexobias said:
2) If this last Update is real, should I install it and then following the tuturial? In step 2 it says to install the last firmware, so I think I should
I wouldn't update. I'm actually really curious as to why step 2 is there.

So you can have a Mii Parade and still pirate stuff.
smile.gif

And Rexobias, install the 'Wii Gater Channel' that is located in the file. Use that to boot any 'modified Wii Games'.

Motn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear all,
I have PAL WII 3.3E - fucked up by updating recently. I cant figure out how to play backups.
I have Homebrew channel 9 installed

a) followed this link and downloaded Wii Fix Tools that include IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
b) installed everything accorging to the tutorial
c) got stuck in the STEP7 when it came to IOS Downgrader - keep getting errors like the guy above

Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1017)

Any idea how to move on please?

imaginey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just rerun the downgrader a couple more times and everything should eventually downgrade without error. There's also no need to do step 8, if you ran the latest update you'll already have IOS51 and the downgrader doesn't touch it so the shop will be fine as is. In fact step 8 isn't quite correct - I guess you'd need to uninstall the official IOS51 before reinstalling the patched version but I'm not sure there's a valid reason to do so really.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason you have to do step 8 is because "The fakesigning bug has been removed in IOS51". This prevents WADs from being installed (and maybe certain apps).

Following Step 8 will give you the the option to 'patch the fakesigning bug back'.

Motn said:
Dear all,
I have PAL WII 3.3E - fucked up by updating recently. I cant figure out how to play backups.
I have Homebrew channel 9 installed

a) followed this link and downloaded Wii Fix Tools that include IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
b) installed everything accorging to the tutorial
c) got stuck in the STEP7 when it came to IOS Downgrader - keep getting errors like the guy above

Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1017)

Any idea how to move on please?

Just keep reloading the program again until it installs. I'm not sure why that error keeps appearing but it could be a bug in the tool.

I'll get the guide updated tomorrow.

Rexobias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Motn, like some people already said, keep loading that program at step 7 until you dont get any errors.

I had the same error and I was really scared. Keep trying that and follow the other steps. I hope you can do it ... I completely understand how you feel, but be calm and dont worry.

RadioShadow once again thanks for the help - you have a friend here. I didnt install the channel cause I prefer to have it on my HB Channel.

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions. I'm a noob so please be easy on me.

1) Does the cIOS leave traces and if it does can Nintendo do anything to me?
2) If I do this does it completely go back to the way it was before the update?
3) Does this install anything else and can I get rid of anything it installs?

thanks

Edit: will this also fix geckoOS rebooter and wii menuloader?

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post but I must know

Can I uninstall these wads after and remove their traces? Will uninstalling them give me any problems?

thanks

Motn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear all,

thank you for all the advice you are providing. I ran downgrader for five times now. Still not working and receiving the same error, however, I have noticed that sometimes the error comes up later (1-2 downgrades are fine and then I get a -1 error followed by -1017).

Getting desperate - for any kind of support big appreciacion.

MM.

Rexobias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Motn I got the same error (-1) and then the others.

Try some more times repeating the step 7 until you dont get any error. Then go to step 8.

If you keep getting that damn error, verify you Internet Connection since that program downloads and Install files, but you should get it working after running step 7 over and over (I needed 4/5 times, I'm not sure).

falcozx:

1) I dont know ...

2) You will get a mix of the new and old update. You get Shop Channel of the new 3.3 and the other things of the old update that allow you to do everything with your Wii (the best of two worlds
biggrin.gif
)

3) I think it only makes what I said before, until step 8. If you make step 9, etc... you will get Wiigator's Backup Loader Channel. (I didnt made it cause I prefer to have everything on a SD card and boot them using HB channel)

Gecko OS works, but I dont know about the rebooter option since I dont use it, but it should work too. Menu Loader probably works, but I dont know.

About your second post, this will give you a mix of two firmwares. The wads you install in the guide, until step 8, are system/firmware files so they need to be there. The only way to "remove" them is making the official update again and probably the files will be replaced ... but after that you will need to do this guide again if you want things like Gecko OS and others working.

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did everything but I can't connect the Wii Shop Channel. It says to accept the terms or something to that extent. Any help?

Edit: Whenever I try to go to the terms it gives me a 5-6 digit error.

Motn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear all,

I was really desperate since none of these hints helped and did the following which eventually let me install the damn cIOS and now I am all set:

- I updated Wii through Nintendo update once again
- I followed the steps in the manual and got stuck in STEP 7
- I repeated step 7 several times. Each time I repeated STEP7 more IOS versions got installed successfully and eventually all of them got installed! - this was a breakthrough!
- then I end up with STEP 7

- I also tried to instal CIOS trhough the cIOS Installer which is part of the Backup launcher 3 beta and surprise: it was istalled

I guess now it is time to try out some backups - tried some but none worked. I wonder if it is because I use DVD rewritables or not..but I guess thaz a diff. issue?

tatrack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Real new to this so please be kind...
I followed the steps in the first post up to #7 . Thats where I get error ! ret =-116. The network is connected, I can go on the shopping channel and weather, and the network test works.
Any idea what to try next? I am at ver 3.3u
Thanks

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falcozx said:
Ok I did everything but I can't connect the Wii Shop Channel. It says to accept the terms or something to that extent. Any help?

Edit: Whenever I try to go to the terms it gives me a 5-6 digit error.

probably a router problem

trigzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE STEP 3

Step 3 – Download this file and install the contents inside the ‘Wii Fix Tools’ to your SD Card.

THE FILE IS NO LONGER THERE!!!!!

THANK YOU

Sky111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody, I'm a new user. Your forum is the best!

1) I updated my wii on October but I don't remember if I did it before or after the 23rd, in the options is written 3.3E, so I don't know if it is the latest firmware and I can't update again because my wifi connection doesn't work now. Can I do this guide even if I don't have the latest firmware?

2) I installed the wiigator's cIOS for backup launcher. Do I have to uninstall it to do this guide?

3) At "step 7" is needed a wifi connection? If yes, can I find these files in another place?

Thank you for your attention
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle