Status
Not open for further replies.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tozarian said:
Tried DVD-RW's which most people said were bad.... They were right, but it still didnt damage my lens.
I've never had a problem with DVD+RW's. I've been using one for Brawl ever since my original died.
I've also tested my many texture/menu/text hacks on it and it's worked fine (Saved me a few spindles of DVD's too)
At least 20 hours of gameplay on it and not one DRE.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I burned Zelda Twilight Princess on Verbatim DVD-R at 6x speed with Toast 10 Titanium (on MacOS) with a Matshita Burner (UJ-857D)
The game plays fine (using WiiGator 0.3g), but DVDInfoPro gives me a 59.17% rating ...
Should I worry ?
EDIT: Testing the same disc at lower speed (4x-8x in DVDInfoPro speed) gives me better results : 70-75% ... So it maybe fine (as wii read discs at 3x or 6x) ...

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
superbob said:
I burned Zelda Twilight Princess on Verbatim DVD-R at 6x speed with Toast 10 Titanium (on MacOS) with a Matshita Burner (UJ-857D)
The game plays fine (using WiiGator 0.3g), but DVDInfoPro gives me a 59.17% rating ...
Should I worry ?
EDIT: Testing the same disc at lower speed (4x-8x in DVDInfoPro speed) gives me better results : 70-75% ... So it maybe fine (as wii read discs at 3x or 6x) ...
Reading speed isn't related at all to burning speed. You can burn a disc at 2x, you'll be able to read it at 16x ; Same thing for a disc burnt at 16x speed : You'll be able to read it at 2x, 4x, 8x or any speed you want.

It's two different things.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
ImgBurn at 4x will burn any Wii ISO pefectly well.

EXACTLY! I get every time 99% above (like 0.3-5% error) with Verbatim DVD-R discs. I'm on a Mac and I use Windows XP (through Parallels) to burn my discs with ImgBurn. I haven't used Toast for Mac but Disk Utility is also very good (90% above). I use Nero for my PI/PO scans.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shuny said:
superbob said:
Should I worry ?
Reading speed isn't related at all to burning speed. You can burn a disc at 2x, you'll be able to read it at 16x ; Same thing for a disc burnt at 16x speed : You'll be able to read it at 2x, 4x, 8x or any speed you want.

It's two different things.
Yes I know and that's not what I'm saying ... It's just that DVDInfoPro gives me different ratings with differents read speeds and I'm wondering if these ratings (59.17%@Max speed and 70%@4x) are fine or if I should worry for my Wii lens ?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about Maxwell DVD's?
Good or Bad for my Wii?
tongue.gif

thomaj3

Trophies
XP
Country
Dear All

I'd just like to share my experience trying to burn backups...

I have the following

Windows Vista
ImgBurn
Plextor 716A (firmware 1.03)
Maxwell DVD-R (10pk @ £2.89 from Lidl's)

I had tried several failed attempts at burning without any joy, so my plan was to try burning the same ISO at different speeds in order to determine the most successful. During each burn I came back to the forum to research issues with burning (on another machine). An extremely help post refered to drives needing a firmware update, so found the latest firmware (firmware 1.11) and started burning Super Swing Golf at MAX speed, turning off PowerRec and AutoStrategy, and voila a successful burn, so I tried another ISO, which also burnt successfully.

So if anyone has the same drive ensure you have the latest firmware applied!

cravune

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help please ......................

been out to buy some verbatim, they are showing a poorer quality than my tuffdisc burn

pic attached, best burn i could get, but all I get when load dvd on neogammer is green screen for a second followed by black screen and wii locks

this was burned at 4x on imgburn

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/c.../KINGOFPOOL.png

any ideas? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!