Hardware Official thread about burning Wii software

Status
Not open for further replies.

airnolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why can't my LG GSA-4082B read wii [burnt] games? i wanted to make a copy for my friend...it says that there is no cd/dvd on the driver..Thanks in advance!

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil 4 PAL on a TDK TTH-02 16x DVD-R at 8x burn, peaks at only 17 PI! This is on a Pioneer DVR-215D cross flashed to DVR-215L.

2nas66s.jpg

Very excellent result! 99.75%!
yaynds.gif

saloalea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PIF Total: 8!? I wish that were possible

Good job on the crossflash, Bad job on using that drive for quality scanning purposes.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using my laptop to burn games, with a Philips drive. I always get a burn quality of 0%. My laptops almost 3 years old. Is my drive just too old or is there anything besides changing the burn speed that will fix this? Also the games still play but will this reduce the life of my Wii?

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zanonymous said:
I have a mac so I have no idea which DVD burners would be good to use if I start burning DVDs, and I'd esp. need one with a result with flaws/whatever they are. This probably won't help but would anyone know if any of these are good? http://mac.sofotex.com/Multimedia/DVD_Burner/
You only need Disk Utility to burn wii discs on your Mac. No need to purchase any other software when it won't be able to do it. For a burner, get a Pioneer. Purchase authentic Taiyo Yuden DVD-R for media.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man this is a great thread - the first post explains so much to people having recent issues ... Ill be pointing people here for a while i think !

good job and thanks for the info.

kandiman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, i have been doing tests with various speeds burning at 16x gave me the best results the other speeds gave me 40-80%

I attached this 2 pictures, the first is Alvin and the chipmunks game i used Nero to burn that one and the second is the picture is Transformers, i used Imgburn. Are these results bad or good?

DST3mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a game burned at 98.xx and I noticed no difference from when it was at 77% with another hard drive, does it actually make a difference? Because I don't notice any.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im not sure it does...

Tried DVD-RW's which most people said were bad.... They were right, but it still didnt damage my lens.

Now using some Verbatim MCC 03RG20 16x ones.

Using Imgburn at 4x burn speed.

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
kandiman said:
Hi all, i have been doing tests with various speeds burning at 16x gave me the best results the other speeds gave me 40-80%

I attached this 2 pictures, the first is Alvin and the chipmunks game i used Nero to burn that one and the second is the picture is Transformers, i used Imgburn. Are these results bad or good?

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/ASUS-DRW-2...erformance.html

Read it...

miimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi

Today I tested 3 dvd with backups on it.
The Results:

metroid prime 3 iso | sony dvd-r | SONY08D1 | IMGBurn 4x speed 0.0%
big brain acadamy iso | sony dvd-r | SONY08D1 | IMGBurn 2x speed 0.0%
animal crossing lgtc iso | sony dvd-r | SONY08D1 | Nero8 8x speed 0.0%

Original DVD-Movie PotC2 8.6%

I burned it all with a ASUS DRW-2014S1T

All games work perfect!. but the test give me a very bad result..
I tested the dvd on another burner, and it made very strange noises..

Will this mean I can't use my backups anymore, if I don't want a defect laser.
And when I buy verbatims, would the results be better than? Our do I have a bad burner..

EDIT:

Today I did the same test with NERO Disc Speed and all disc give me around 90%
And with nero diskspeed my ASUS DRW-2014S1T can do PIE/PIF scanning and with DVDinfoPRO not.
So I think DVDinfoPRO Sucks!!
Or the dvd burner from my dad Sucks!.

Also VSO Inspector says 100% GOOD to all my discs

D

docoweatpie

@miimen
Hmm, yeah, a lot of people prefer Nero Disc Speed over DVDinfo. I suppose it's the best scanner out there.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People keep talking about "killing your lens".
How would that happen? For me, 2000 hours or 2500 hours is not a big difference.
I used some crappy media (which my wii wouldn't even load) on my PS2 for well over 2 years, and had no problems with it.
My Wii will load Sony DVD-Rs burned at 4x using a 2 year old LG driver with no problems, and with little noise (SSBB is noiser).

Also, if I do have some problems with my lens, I would just need to replace them, correct?

I can't do the test on my driver, so I will try to do it on another computer tomorrow.

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bumping this, as I'm not sure if I'm having some problems. i've been reading up as much as possible on quality burning, using DVDInfoPro to check the quality, discs to use, etc. and wanted some feedback. I want to be able to burn a playable backup and an archival backup without worrying about deleting the iso to free up space.

Burning with a NEC ND-3540a that I believe I flashed up to a 3550a a while back, and on the newest stock 3550 RPC1 firmware (courtesy of Liggy). I just got into the TPhack/homebrew channel goodness the weekend before last, so i'm fairly new to the scene but i've been doing various console stuff for years (PS1, DC, PS2, GBA, DS, etc.) so I'm no spring chicken when it comes to the hacking and burning stuff. I do try to read and search as much as possible before asking FAQs.

I started burning with Sony DVD-R's and 2x, then bumped it up to Max after seeing people suggesting just trying different speeds and testing the quality. I did a burn of Castlevania: Judgment (2x) and while I don't get any crashes, I do hear the drive fighting to keep up with reading data, character changes on the select screen load slow, etc. I also did a burn of Boom Blox (16x) that seems rather perfect so far.

So, I got a hold of some Verbatim discs last night as the highest quality in DVDInfoPro I've seen was a Sony burn, probably at 2x, at 60%. Last night, I burned Lego Batman on Verbatims at 16x and 2x. The 16x reported a quality of 24%, the 2x rated at 0%. I haven't tested either in the wii yet, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong somewhere, whether the NEC is just a bad drive for testing. I do have a LG GDR-8164b :B but DVDInfoPro won't do PI/PO testing with it, not sure whether it's an old firmware or just doesn't support it.

Any suggestions? Try Nero Drive Speed? :/ Sorry for the long post.

Update:

welp, i finally found an answer to my question after much searching:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/pi-po-scannin...c-3550a-164489/

short answer is that the NEC-3550 is fairly unreliable for quality scanning, actually takes a regedit to get it to produce *somewhat* accurate ratings. feh. oh well... maybe i'll watch craigslist for a cheap pioneer drive. i guess the worst thing about this was: now having 7 backups of lego batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?