• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

On this day 78 years ago, the atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, ending the war

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
It is a question about an analogy in tactics, yes? that's possible isn't it, war crimes being perpetrated at different times in history but sharing the same criminal behaviour?
There must be a lot of Putin and Hitler on your mind to you to trace parallels with Japanese civilians being killed in a war or propaganda effort. I believe the word for that is "fetish".

If Putin use an atomic bomb to end the Ukraine war then it will have a parallel of some kind.

Now parallel with Hitler is harder. The bombs were in August of 1945, Hitler died during the Soviet conquest of Berlin in may of 1945. So how Hitler is related? He designed the bomb and an article on wiki how? He's afterlife soul piloted the airplane that threw the bomb? How was that?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There must be a lot of Putin and Hitler on your mind to you to trace parallels with Japanese civilians being killed in a war or propaganda effort. I believe the word for that is "fetish".
Actually the point I quoted, which I quoted directly, you know was the one about killing civilians. Not dropping a bomb. but sure, project your sexual deviancy on others, together with your illiteracy.

No one wants to know about your fascist fetish, thanks!

I did misunderstand you about children.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually the point I quoted, which I quoted directly, you know was the one about killing civilians. Not dropping a bomb. but sure, project your sexual deviancy on others, together with your illiteracy.

"I'm so great because people don't understand wtf I'm saying."

Every other point is easily understood. What was your point? That you pointed out someone else's point, and then said something else to try to be relevant? Come on, edgelord.

I implore anyone from this forum to represent this guy in terms that we can understand. Anyone?

@Veho might be messed up in the head enough to understand, what is he saying?

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
I know little of English, that is true, but I have no obligation to know english, or any other language but mine.

And still makes no sense to call "Hitler" everyone that also killed civilians. If that was the case, the list of "Hitlers" would be endless. By that logic, Stalin is Hitler, Tony Blair is Hitler, O. J. Simpson is Hitler, Duke Nuken is a fictional Hitler, Genghis Khan is Hitler. For some reason you already assumed that Putin is Hitler, so I can't even use it as an example.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Duke Nuken is a fictional Hitler
Duke Nukem didn't kill civilians ffs demons aren't civilians in the Nukem universe.
I know little of English, that is true, but I have no obligation to know english, or any other language but mine.
Of course, which also means when someone corrects you, you should gracefully accept instead of being salty.
For some reason you already assumed that Putin is Hitler
I'm just using a nickname that has become common for the russian dictator for quite some time now. Are you living under a rock?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Duke Nukem didn't kill civilians ffs demons aren't civilians in the Nukem universe.

Lol. Aliens aren't demons. Demons and Aliens are both civilians, technically. Nice show, fucking up Duke Nukem references.

Of course, which also means when someone corrects you, you should gracefully accept instead of being salty.

What was the correction? Everyone missed it.

I'm just using a nickname that has become common for the russian dictator for quite some time now. Are you living under a rock?

In other words.

"I just say Putler because everyone else says it. I don't even know what it means!"

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol. Aliens aren't demons. Demons and Aliens are both civilians, technically. Nice show, fucking up Duke Nukem references.
No they're not, since they're part of an invasion army. The only correct part of what you said is that I mixed doom and duke nukem.
In other words.

"I just say Putler because everyone else says it. I don't even know what it means!"
again, your illiteracy is showing. As is your poor creativity.
What was the correction? Everyone missed it.
He clearly didn't, but I'm not surprised you did. Missing corrections, points, and other things is in general your, well, thing.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
I should accept gracefully a teacher that I not asked for to learn about a white people's language that I don't care about and only serves me the purpose to play video games?
Nobody cares for Russia, their imperial expansionism and their enemies here under the rock I live under. My fuel is not Russian, my food is not Ukrainian and Europeans are just people that steeled us a lot in the past.

So around this parts we are not creating funny names for Putin or Zelensky, and literary nobody under this rock of mine are seeing parallels with Japanese cities being wiped out of existence in 1945 with Vladmir Putin.

But maybe it's that way because we are dumbs that can't speak english, that is the true superior language that you are gracefully blessing me with.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No they're not, since they're part of an invasion army. The only correct part of what you said is that I mixed doom and duke nukem.

I didn't say you mixed anything. I said you fucked something up, and you did. Even if armed aliens could be analogous to military, it isn't the same. The definition of civilian is "a person not in the armed services or the police force". Afaik "the armed services or the police force" are terrestrial matters.

again, your illiteracy is showing. As is your poor creativity.

Calling me illiterate doesn't make your point understood. The question I have is why you would want to play coy?

He clearly didn't, but I'm not surprised you did. Missing corrections, points, and other things is in general your, well, thing.

Lol, what? Can you understand English? He specifically said he didn't know what you were talking about.

And still makes no sense to call "Hitler" everyone that also killed civilians. If that was the case, the list of "Hitlers" would be endless. By that logic, Stalin is Hitler, Tony Blair is Hitler, O. J. Simpson is Hitler, Duke Nuken is a fictional Hitler, Genghis Khan is Hitler. For some reason you already assumed that Putin is Hitler, so I can't even use it as an example.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I should accept gracefully a teacher that I not asked for to learn about a white people's language that I don't care about and only serves me the purpose to play video games

You're using it right now so... in a way it's also your language.

Where are you writing from, again?

Nobody cares for Russia, their imperial expansionism and their enemies here under the rock I live under.

So you could have just said that. Still no excuse to flaunt your ignorance and blissful unawareness of the fuse for a potential ww3. As in that case it would be your problem too.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So you could have just said that. Still no excuse to flaunt your ignorance and blissful unawareness of the fuse for a potential ww3. As in that case it would be your problem too.

This topic is not about ww3. Your ww3 is in another thread. If that was your "point", good riddance. Coming sideways.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, what? Can you understand English? He specifically said he didn't know what you were talking about.

Nice selective quoting, illiterate.

I didn't say you mixed anything. I said you fucked something up, and you did. Even if armed aliens could be analogous to military, it isn't the same. The definition of civilian is "a person not in the armed services or the police force". Afaik "the armed services or the police force" are terrestrial matters.

First of all, your profanity doesn't concern me, illiterate. Secondly, I don't care how many crackpot morons go to Congress claiming that aliens of all places end up in America, you don't get to somehow impose terrestrial concepts on aliens because you say so. You're irrelevant.

And FYI Duke Nukem aliens explicitly feature military ranks.

https://dukenukem.fandom.com/wiki/Enemies_in_Duke_Nukem_3D

So even when I deign you of attention you obviously don't deserve, you're still wrong.

You "fucked" Duke Nukem up, in your own words. Pathetic, just like you.
Post automatically merged:

This topic is not about ww3. Your ww3 is in another thread. If that was your "point", good riddance. Coming sideways.

I'm sorry, you don't decide what anything is about, let alone topics. You should probably give power of attorney to that one person who can tolerate your nonsense anyway.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
it's the "let's kill their civilians, including their babies and children to keep our volunteer soldiers alive" philosophy

In the end I don't believe that it was not even that, It was just USA showing their power to the Soviets. They kept doing that for 40 years or so after that anyway.
They honestly didn't know how well the bombs would work. It was all theory. People really didn't care about civilian lives during WW2. Look how much the German cities got razed.

I guess you haven't read about the firebombings that the US did on Japan then. It was definitely indiscriminately and bombed everything and everyone.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
They honestly didn't know how well the bombs would work. It was all theory. People really didn't care about civilian lives during WW2. Look how much the German cities got razed.

I guess you haven't read about the firebombings that the US did on Japan then. It was definitely indiscriminately and bombed everything and everyone.
All of that you said is correct, and I know that our point of view in 2023 is not representative of that time. That said I still think it was wrong, but definitely not the only thing wrong in world war II.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nice selective quoting, illiterate.
Calling someone illiterate is not a correction. Correcting them is. LOL. What I quoted was the actual disagreement with your "wisdom", or whatever you call it. It's the crux of the disagreement, and something you still haven't changed anyone's mind on.

And FYI Duke Nukem aliens explicitly feature military ranks.

I know that you want to believe that pig cops were literal police, but they weren't. You are alone here.

I'm sorry, you don't decide what anything is about, let alone topics. You should probably give power of attorney to that one person who can tolerate your nonsense anyway.

I didn't decide that you were off topic. I observed it. Look at OP. Follow the conversation. Then comes Putin. From where? Why?

Your explanation: "You are just illiterate because you can't understand me."

You are a joke. What is the nature of the type of pleasure you get out of this?

Last edited by tabzer,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
All of that you said is correct, and I know that our point of view in 2023 is not representative of that time. That said I still think it was wrong, but definitely not the only thing wrong in world war II.
Absolutly not. It was a terrible time. Sadly people that forget about the history is deem to repeat it. It feels we sadly are on the verge on another world war.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/-mouJmHo954?feature=shared&t=76