• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

On this day 78 years ago, the atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, ending the war

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They honestly didn't know how well the bombs would work. It was all theory. People really didn't care about civilian lives during WW2. Look how much the German cities got razed.
Nowadays we have satellite imagery and surveillance and local informants and guided missiles and drones with pinpoint precision and despite that every now and then a school gets bombed because someone mistook it for an army HQ. Back then it was guesswork and 'spray and pray'.

"We're carpet bombing Dresden today."
"What are we hoping to hit?"
"Dresden."

I guess you haven't read about the firebombings that the US did on Japan then. It was definitely indiscriminately and bombed everything and everyone.
Worse than indiscriminate, really. Civilian buildings were made of traditional meterials, wood and paper. Military installations and factories were brand new and made of modern concrete and resistant to fire. "Firebomb everything, whatever is left standing is a military building so we know what to aim for next time."

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Worse than indiscriminate, really. Civilian buildings were made of traditional meterials, wood and paper. Military installations and factories were brand new and made of modern concrete and resistant to fire. "Firebomb everything, whatever is left standing is a military building so we know what to aim for next time."
Yeah, the doctirine was the kill the civilian population because without them, no factory workers.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know that you want to believe that pig cops were literal police, but they weren't. You are alone here.
police =/= military, still illiterate and lonely down there in the gutter.
Then comes Putin. From where? Why?
I've already extensively said why I draw a parallel on a very specific point, if you can't understand it, too bad.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I guess you haven't read about the firebombings that the US did on Japan then. It was definitely indiscriminately and bombed everything and everyone.

Grave of Fireflies. I hated that the movie existed for the reason of why it existed.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
police =/= military, still illiterate and lonely down there in the gutter.

The point was that you are relating aliens to actually being involved in the military. It's a joke, and you should get over yourself enough to comprehend it. Your constant imitation of me is noticed, btw.

I've already extensively said why I draw a parallel on a very specific point, if you can't understand it, too bad.

If you are referring to this:

It is a question about an analogy in tactics, yes? that's possible isn't it, war crimes being perpetrated at different times in history but sharing the same criminal behaviour?

Basically, you want us to talk about Putin in this thread because it is similar somehow. Why are you bringing it up? Because we aren't stopping him? Because everything that happened then, led to him?

Parallels be damned, the point is still missing. You want us to read your mind?

I haven't seen it. Is it any good? Is it like a war-documentary style?

That's surprising! Google it. It's a pretty renowned Ghibli movie, takes place around the firebombing of Japan, a very sad story about two innocent brothers losing their family and life.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, you want us to talk about Putin in this thread because it is similar somehow.

I want nothing, least of all from you. I made a point, which your inferiority complex then needed to weave a lot of nothing around.

The only correct answer was to say "yes, it's somewhat like it - massive nuke excluded (yet)" or "no, it's not like that because x y z".

The point was that you are relating aliens to actually being involved in the military

Not at all what I said. You have difficulties distinguishing your thoughts and those of others.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not at all what I said. You have difficulties distinguishing your thoughts and those of others.

Lol.

Duke Nukem aliens explicitly feature military ranks.

Gonna need actual effort on your part. "Not at all what I said." :rofl2:

I made a point

Yes, you keep saying, but what was it? You keep saying "you're illiterate". That's not an argument or clarification supporting your "point". You believe you made a point. Nobody seems to understand what that is. And you are claiming that the people who don't understand are illiterate. Well, you are right. We are illiterate to your point. Meanwhile, your "point" is in a corner somewhere, wanting some kind of acknowledgement that even you won't give.

The only correct answer was to say "yes, it's somewhat like it - massive nuke excluded (yet)" or "no, it's not like that because x y z".

What? There is only a specified way to respond to you? Ok Hitler. /s You may believe that Putin is Hitler, but that has nothing to do with the topic of what happened 40 years ago or with what @lokomelo said. It's a new topic, which you see as a parallel, but no point of why you brought it up has been made. Are you saying that what Putin is doing is more important than what we are talking about? If I say, "this is how your mother's anal fissures must feel?", I may see a parallel, but the point of bringing it up would be... what? Yes, that your mother has anal fissures, and I am more clever than you. Is that the topic. NOOOOoo.

@Xzi @Veho anyone. Help your guy out!

Last edited by tabzer,

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You may believe that Putin is Hitler,

Again, I didn't say that, illiterate. You really need to go back to school. It's literally you wasting everyone's time with your inferiority complex on display. And while your time is worthless...

Gonna need actual effort on your part. "Not at all what I said." :rofl2:

Yes, and I even provided the enemy list with clear names. So? I didn't say human military did I. But I did say they were an invading army.

Are you saying that what Putin is doing is more important than what we are talking about? If I say, "this is how your mother's anal fissures must feel?", I may see a parallel, but the point of bringing it up would be... what? Yes, that your mother has anal fissures, and I am more clever than you. Is that the topic. NOOOOoo.

None of this is true, D+ for failed attempts at humour and zero reading comprehension.
Post automatically merged:

@Xzi @Veho anyone. Help your guy out!

Who needs help when you're not making sense, you're the proverbial pigeon crapping on the chessboard. And you do that every time you try communicating.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by kevin corms,
  • Wow
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Again, I didn't say that, illiterate. You really need to go back to school. It's literally you wasting everyone's time with your inferiority complex on display. And while your time is worthless...

I didn't say that you said that. I insinuated that is what you are hooked on, despite you feigning ignorance. ;)

Yes, and I even provided the enemy list with clear names. So? I didn't say human military did I. But I did say they were an invading army.

Check the definition of "civilian" and see how that is irrelevant. Look up the word "analogous", which I pointed out was the point of truth you could have assessed. I actually supported your point, part way. But maybe you don't know enough English to have caught it?

None of this is true, D+ for failed attempts at humour and zero reading comprehension.

So Putin is not more important? So why did you bring him up? You criticize my reading comprehension, but you don't point out what I am misreading, because you haven't actually specified your point. Stop playing coy.

Who needs help when you're not making sense, you're the proverbial pigeon crapping on the chessboard. And you do that every time you try communicating.

Oh, you were playing chess? What was the point of your move? Still waiting on you to expose your truth!

Last edited by tabzer,

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still waiting on you to expose your truth!

There's no such thing as "my truth". There's truth or untruth.

I didn't say that you said that. I insinuated that is what you are hooked on, despite you feigning ignorance. ;)

And you're certainly free to believe that, that doesn't make it true and it certainly doesn't mean I said it, so keep your thoughts to yourself.

Check the definition of "civilian" and see how that is irrelevant. Look up the word "analogous", which I pointed out was the point of truth you could have assessed. I actually supported your point, part way. But maybe you don't know enough English to have caught it?

The only thing I caught is that you clearly need your meds 😉

So Putin is not more important? So why did you bring him up? You criticize my reading comprehension, but you don't point out what I am misreading, because you haven't actually specified your point. Stop playing coy.

I already specified my point two pages ago while you keep wasting everyone's time. That other user said "killing civilians and children to keep voluntary troops alive". What I said was "like Putler is doing" - Putin is killing Ukrainian civilians to keep his army of "volunteers" alive. Then I said i misunderstood the point about children because rather than killing em Putin is kidnapping them.

Last i checked both are war crimes, which I specified as well.

That's all my point was. But you obviously had to pester me for three pages like a good NPC.

what actually happened was Japan wanted to surrender once Russia joined in against them, but Truman insisted they drop two bombs anyway. They also dont talk about the carpet bombings and concentration camps full of Japanese in the US much.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/08/we_didnt_have_to_drop_the_bomb_127709.html

Eisenhower, what a decent man, despite his mistakes.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's no such thing as "my truth". There's truth or untruth.

Ok chosen one.

And you're certainly free to believe that, that doesn't make it true and it certainly doesn't mean I said it, so keep your thoughts to yourself.

Lol you said Putler. Now you are offended that I suggested that you know what it means. Lol. Clutching pearls is a good look on you.

The only thing I caught is that you clearly need your meds 😉

I'll take that as a concession that you can't handle the language I'm throwing your way. Notice that instead of saying "oh, you are illiterate" I actually pointed out HOW you are not understanding something? Now you are reducing yourself to accusing me of being a drug user in lieu of an argument. Good stuff.

I already specified my point two pages ago while you keep wasting everyone's time. That other user said "killing civilians and children to keep voluntary troops alive". What I said was "like Putler is doing" - Putin is killing Ukrainian civilians to keep his army of "volunteers" alive. Then I said i misunderstood the point about children because rather than killing em Putin is kidnapping them.

Last i checked both are war crimes, which I specified as well.

That's all my point was. But you obviously had to pester me for three pages like a good NPC.

Here's a little of the context. Not only can you not recall what happened accurately, (must be drugs :rofl: ) but you change the nuance to make it sound less confrontational.

PSQisnotJBable.png

We wanted to know the point. Was it to be confrontational, or edgy? Was it to be relevant? Was it to draw attention away from the actions of the US? Are you trying to turn this into a Putin/Ukraine topic? To some degree you must be aware of the intentions of your actions. That's what we want to know. Stop concealing your intention and come out with your point.

Last edited by tabzer,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had to point out the atomic bomb was a race it was either us or the Nazi's who would use it first if we didn't DC would've been a nuclear parking lot and we'd all be speeking german by now not to mention all natural born jewish and maybe other non whites would be dead

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a little of the context. Not only can you not recall what happened accurately, (must be drugs :rofl: ) but you change the nuance to make it sound less confrontational.

This Is again a barefaced lie. Instead of selective quoting, a couple messages later there's the rest of what I said.

Lol you said Putler. Now you are offended that I suggested that you know what it means.

No, I'm saying what I said, not what you think I said.

I'll take that as a concession that you can't handle the language I'm throwing your way. Notice that instead of saying "oh, you are illiterate" I actually pointed out HOW you are not understanding something? Now you are reducing yourself to accusing me of being a drug user in lieu of an argument. Good stuff.

Actually I am claiming you're in need of your meds not because you're an user, but because you need it. You can take whatever you think you want, as I'm sure you do, in many places.

We wanted to know the point. Was it to be confrontational, or edgy? Was it to be relevant? Was it to draw attention away from the actions of the US? Are you trying to turn this into a Putin/Ukraine topic? To some degree you must be aware of the intentions of your actions. That's what we want to know. Stop concealing your intention and come out with your point.

I already said my point. You just wasted everyone's time with your stupidity.

had to point out the atomic bomb was a race it was either us or the Nazi's who would use it first if we didn't DC would've been a nuclear parking lot and we'd all be speeking german by now not to mention all natural born jewish and maybe other non whites would be dead

I don't recall the Axis actually having it, did they?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This Is again a barefaced lie. Instead of selective quoting, a couple messages later there's the rest of what I said.

You can look at what was said, in the context that I presented, and you are welcome to point out how I "lied". Is there something that you said after that could change the truth of what I stated?

No, I'm saying what I said, not what you think I said.

I pointed out what you said and what I think it means. If you want to clarify something, you've had the floor for a while now.

Actually I am claiming you're in need of your meds not because you're an user, but because you need it. You can take whatever you think you want, as I'm sure you do, in many places.

Doubling down, I see.

I already said my point. You just wasted everyone's time with your stupidity.

If your point is "what about Putin?" then I must insist on the relevance. Do you not know why you said it? Are you possessed?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can look at what was said, in the context that I presented, and you are welcome to point out how I "lied". Is there something that you said after that could change the truth of what I stated?
You're presuming to know my intent, you don't.
I pointed out what you said and what I think it means. If you want to clarify something, you've had the floor for a while now.
And I said that what you think is baseless trash.
If your point is "what about Putin?" then I must insist on the relevance. Do you not know why you said it? Are you possessed?
Insist on all you want, on your mother's fissures or whatever other disgusting obsession you may have. More importantly, you have no point other than keep asking for questions you already know the answer for. Don't like it? Don't care. Especially since "what about putin" is your point, not mine. If you can't see history repeating once again, then it's still your issue.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're presuming to know my intent, you don't.

The entire point of this confrontation is that I do not know your intent and I am being frank about that. How the hell do you think that this a defensible position, this far in the discussion?

And I said that what you think is baseless trash.

Again, "baseless trash", "ignorant", whatever, is not a correction. It's an insult in place of a correction. It basically means that you have no interest in validating your position or are incapable.

Insist on all you want, on your mother's fissures or whatever other disgusting obsession you may have. More importantly, you have no point other than keep asking for questions you already know the answer for. Don't like it? Don't care.

A mind-reader, too.

Especially since "what about putin" is your point, not mine.

My mistake: :creep:

1691696886780.png

If you can't see history repeating once again, then it's still your issue.

Finally. This is progress. How difficult was that for you? It's a little disappointing that it was entirely irrelevant to @lokomelo's point. But hey, everyone learns at their own pace.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally. This is progress. How difficult was that for you? It's a little disappointing that it was entirely irrelevant to @lokomelo's point. But hey, everyone learns at their own pace.

It's relevant to the first message that created this thread in the first place, illiterate.

This is an atrocity that has caused thousands of innocent lives to perish under the flash of light. Even though the perpetrators were the victors, this act should be condemned and we should strive to never have those acts of mass destruction ever again.

As well as the tone of the messages that came after that, about the necessities to avoid atrocities. Because ww2 didn't begin with nukes, it began with the Invasion of Poland - and the massacre of innocent civilians, in addition to the death camps. Do you need a drawing?

Again, "baseless trash", "ignorant", whatever, is not a correction. It's an insult in place of a correction. It basically means that you have no interest in validating your position

Bingo. And why? Because of you.

The entire point of this confrontation is that I do not know your intent and I am being frank about that. How the hell do you think that this a defensible position, this far in the discussion?

No the entire point is you being both mendacious and wasteful.

My mistake

Yep, glad you admit it. One of many I am sure.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's relevant to the first message that created this thread in the first place, illiterate.

Unfortunately, my illiteracy is based on not understanding your intentions. If they were clarified, by words, then I wouldn't be so disabled!

Generally speaking though, if one is speaking to a particular message, they'd reference that, and not someone else's. What you did was cut someone off.

Bingo. And why? Because of you.

I don't know how you think you come off to me. I find this endearing. Not sure if you'd understand why. :P

No the entire point is you being both mendacious and wasteful.

Right. I'm wasting precious internet real estate with my concerns. Also, I'm dishonest because I don't speak your feelings.

Get over it. It's possible for two people to be honest and disagree with each other. Learn that quickly.

Yep, glad you admit it. One of many I am sure.

haha.png

Reactions: Coto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back