Hacking preloader v0.1 by crediar

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, i'm pretty sure the system menu calls out to a IOS the same way a vc channel does, but i'm not sure, so i'm not going to mess with it, But i'm going to check into the infectus chip anything that can restore the nand is something worth checking into,

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
if i wanted to uninstall preloader how do i go about doing so, i dont actually want to but it would be nice just to know how
blink.gif

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i want to uninstall just so i know i can, then i'll re-install i just tried cios downgrader and that didn't work i'm on 3.2 allready though should i go lower then come back up

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
just finished anyregion changer as you posted reply, but got a strainge red banner at the top saying warning region / menu error or something like that i thought it was a region brick but i seem to be ok, i've had the error before is it something to do with the region free starfall hacks still lingering?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
just finished anyregion changer as you posted reply, but got a strainge red banner at the top saying warning region / menu error or something like that i thought it was a region brick but i seem to be ok, i've had the error before is it something to do with the region free starfall hacks still lingering?

Did you get it sorted out

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
nutta_nic said:

Did you get it sorted out

yeh it got sorted, well sort of i hope! i ran cios downgrader and then ran anyregion changer and the red banner had gone, sorry for the late reply it was 2am in the uk so i went to bed!!!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Not to change the subject... but why is it that whenever a coder bricks their Wii it takes Nintendo a year a year to fix their shit?!

Anyways... I really hope to see the .2 preloader release thread soon. Just wish it could autoboot that damn menuloader!
wacko.gif

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi I'd like a bit of help cause I'm confused
wacko.gif
after reading 24 pages of this thread.
I'd like know how to install preloader without getting a brick please.
I have a PAL Wii which is Starfalled on 3.2E. Is it safe to install like that and is there some extra steps that are requiered?

Thanks in advance
c0mputeRb0y

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
crediar's wii is being fixed by bushing if i'm correct... not by nintendo. but it is strange that fors still doesn't have his wii back...

(sadly) that's not true, crediar wanted to get it fixed at the 25c3 but was so busy that he finished the soldering only a short time before he had to leave, two wires were shorted and data read was wrong and then he had to leave.
So well now he needs an infectus to fix it.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I was just thinking that Nintendo would probably refuse to repair Crediar's Wii because it is probably not easy to reassemble it to look "untouched" so I am sure he would probably get some questioning.. then again... I hear Nintendo has repaired Wii's before without touching the modchips as well... anyways...thanks... sounds like that infectus thing can be something complicated for the average joe like me...

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SanGor said:
FGOD said:
crediar's wii is being fixed by bushing if i'm correct... not by nintendo. but it is strange that fors still doesn't have his wii back...

(sadly) that's not true, crediar wanted to get it fixed at the 25c3 but was so busy that he finished the soldering only a short time before he had to leave, two wires were shorted and data read was wrong and then he had to leave.
So well now he needs an infectus to fix it.

marcan said on hackmii irc channel that bushing would have bricked it and that he would fix it himself, but i could have misunderstoud that or might be mistaking about who's wii it was...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: tldr usb > bluetooth imo +1