Hacking preloader v0.1 by crediar

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunate you had to semi brick it, but i think this is meant to load a set of code instructions into the boot2 to load HBC directly, much like the bootmii did in the youtube vid, heres to hoping

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, all I am offering is the wad ripped straight from the semi-brick fix disc, so you can look for the pal version of that. like 10 more minutes guys.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it has installed as the system menu, title 00000001-00000002 as it claims, then i think it just functions like a loader patch for the system menu. instead of booting directly to the system menu it runs his code first, and if you press load system or whatever it jumps to the real menu entrypoint.
so you should be able to remove it by overwriting it with a new system menu, just don't delete it or you could fully brick your wii.
if anyone has gotten it to work, what's your system menu version/region? same for those who haven't gotten it to work. it could be expecting a pal menu or an older version (3.2) like starfall.

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol everyone that installed this got owned
tongue.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Is there any way to turn it back to normal?

I can't go to the system menu. I think I'm an idiot.

QUOTE(Beatchu @ Dec 16 2008, 08:52 PM) I'm doing it via anyregion changer thanks anyway tho

yea actually do that, that works better, for those of you who don't have a net connection for your wii, I'll still get you the file, everyone else, use ARC 1.1b to install your region 3.2

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
link still appears to work for me... so please tell us your menu version/region and if it's working or not and what errors you get. has anyone gotten it to load the system menu properly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy