Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lejong2002 said:
laurozza said:
Means that it dont' have the update feature(for update the preloader) anymore.

Thanks... I got it.

Now I have a feature request.

I found out the Startpatch 4.2's new feature. ( can see here ; http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch )

- Block Disc Updates - Blocks updates which have been embedded in Discs
- Block Online Updates - Prevents online updates being installed.

So, Startpatch has block features for disc updates and online updates.

As I know Preloader now only block disc updates.

Could you add the blocking online updates also?

Greetings.

rolleyes.gif
Preloader has it for the System Menu 4.2

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So was there ever an answer to the preloader, cfg usb loader incompatability? know that i have tried cfg loader i see what all the rave is about. and loading directly to it would make it oh that much sweeter.

i keep checking on this thread every few days or so but it seems to be getting stale.
wtf.gif

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
transam81 said:
So was there ever an answer to the preloader, cfg usb loader incompatability? know that i have tried cfg loader i see what all the rave is about. and loading directly to it would make it oh that much sweeter.

i keep checking on this thread every few days or so but it seems to be getting stale.
wtf.gif

I reverted back to preloader .29 JODI yesterday. It can boot the dol for cfg usb loader from narolez (http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/NForwarder/USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder.zip)
Note: installing the dol in preloader and setting preloader to autoboot to the loaded dol word. But trying to load the installed dol from the preloader main menu resulted in a code dump. No problem for me; now my kid can just turn on the wii and select the game he wants to play from usb loader.

TULOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My whole reason for installing this is due to this story:
QUOTE said:
I updated my Wii to 4.2 today and everything works just fine. Updated my HBC also.

As a precaution while using Preloader 0.29 I went to check its settings. Everything checked out just fine.
Before I went to start my Wii Preloader popped up a message at the bottom saying Update Available or something like that.

I told it to go ahead. After about 15 minutes of it sitting at Downloading Changelog I figured its locked up so I held the power button.

Since then I cant get preloader to work and all the preloader features appear to no longer work[settings and such].

After that I figured ok then lets reinstall Preloader. So I went into my HBC and loaded the 0.29 installer. It shows the menu but goes to a black screen then after about 10 seconds goes to the HBC menu. So now I have no Preloader and the installer doesnt work.

So now I tried this version for the installer and I get Cant find ticket...aborting mission.

I followed the advice and held B with Plus. it indicated no Preloader found which I knew and installed it.
- Preloader was then installed but would auto poweroff on bootup unless reset is held and I choose system menu.
- System menu had to be set to IOS 249.
- HBC either way when choosing Shutdown has the power light yellow with a solid black screen[My TV normally shows the ants lol]

So I removed it now but have no preloader and I really could use it to help protect my Wii. Can anyone give me a complete guide to install this without any issues?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TULOA said:
My whole reason for installing this is due to this story:
QUOTE said:
I updated my Wii to 4.2 today and everything works just fine. Updated my HBC also.

As a precaution while using Preloader 0.29 I went to check its settings. Everything checked out just fine.
Before I went to start my Wii Preloader popped up a message at the bottom saying Update Available or something like that.

I told it to go ahead. After about 15 minutes of it sitting at Downloading Changelog I figured its locked up so I held the power button.

Since then I cant get preloader to work and all the preloader features appear to no longer work[settings and such].

After that I figured ok then lets reinstall Preloader. So I went into my HBC and loaded the 0.29 installer. It shows the menu but goes to a black screen then after about 10 seconds goes to the HBC menu. So now I have no Preloader and the installer doesnt work.

So now I tried this version for the installer and I get Cant find ticket...aborting mission.

I followed the advice and held B with Plus. it indicated no Preloader found which I knew and installed it.
- Preloader was then installed but would auto poweroff on bootup unless reset is held and I choose system menu.
- System menu had to be set to IOS 249.
- HBC either way when choosing Shutdown has the power light yellow with a solid black screen[My TV normally shows the ants lol]

So I removed it now but have no preloader and I really could use it to help protect my Wii. Can anyone give me a complete guide to install this without any issues?
Reinstall 0.29-JODI but don't use the update option in Preloader to install 0.30. Download 0.30 and run the installer.

TULOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Reinstall 0.29-JODI but don't use the update option in Preloader to install 0.30. Download 0.30 and run the installer.

The new 0.30 Preloader doesnt work right.

As stated in my post the 0.29 installer doesnt install. Goes from press 1 to install Preloader to a black screen with nothing on it for a few seconds then resets to the Wii menu. Preloader does then not get installed.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TULOA said:
EeZeEpEe said:

The new 0.30 Preloader doesnt work right.

As stated in my post the 0.29 installer doesnt install. Goes from press 1 to install Preloader to a black screen with nothing on it for a few seconds then resets to the Wii menu. Preloader does then not get installed.
Right but I said the 0.29-JODI patched verison. Is this the one you tried to install with?

TULOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That installer doesnt work either. It gives the warning screen and when you press 1 twice or whatever. It goes to a black screen and does nothing then goes back to the HBC.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This installer can be used to install preloader without having another version on the system? Is safe to install even If Ios60 was already patched with dop-ios with the trucha bug ? Do I need to apply another patch to that ios ?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
preloader requires your system menu ios (60 for 4.1 and 4.0, and IOS70 for 4.2) to have the trucha bug patch and the ES_Identify patch.

the newest version of preloader, called priiloader, does not require the system menu IOS to be patched, but just IOS 36 (and only for the installation, this is the same for preloader)

seriously, get priiloader instead, preloader is becoming ancient history

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh I see, my ios36 is patched too (with trucha and Es_idendifty), so is better install Priiloader and that way I don´t touch the System IOS anymore..

Ok I will try to install priiloader instead.. Thank you.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TULOA said:
That installer doesnt work either. It gives the warning screen and when you press 1 twice or whatever. It goes to a black screen and does nothing then goes back to the HBC.

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Nov 13 2009, 02:54 PM) preloader requires your system menu ios (60 for 4.1 and 4.0, and IOS70 for 4.2) to have the trucha bug patch and the ES_Identify patch.

the newest version of preloader, called priiloader, does not require the system menu IOS to be patched, but just IOS 36 (and only for the installation, this is the same for preloader)

seriously, get priiloader instead, preloader is becoming ancient history
Yeah try with Priiloader. Maybe that'll work for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out