timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBowser said:
Use Trucha Bug Restorer. Then you can install it. But are the hacks still active, after you deletet the Preloader?

Ok, so I tried installing the Trucha Bug Restorer but I just ended up getting the upside down HBC. I installed a clean IOS36 which fixed the HBC, but I still can't get the Trucha Bug working? What am I missing?

DarkBowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Downgrade IOS 15 ->Return to HBC
Select IOS 15 and Install patched IOS36 ->Return to HBC
Select IOS 36 and Restore IOS 15

So, it's patched
biggrin.gif

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBowser said:
Downgrade IOS 15 ->Return to HBC
Select IOS 15 and Install patched IOS36 ->Return to HBC
Select IOS 36 and Restore IOS 15

So, it's patched
biggrin.gif

Ok, cool. Which IOS should I choose when I start with when I launch TBR the first time? I have IOS249 patched with cIOSrev14, so would that be the best to use?

DarkBowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At first time, choose IOS 36. Then downgrade IOS15

Ok, i have also a question to the experts. When I remove Preloader, would that keep the hacks?

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBowser said:
At first time, choose IOS 36. Then downgrade IOS15

Ok, so I downgraded IOS15, but when I try to patch IOS36, it tells me the revision is too high. How should I downgrade it? Can I use wad manager and a packed wad or an older IOS36?

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got the Trucha Bug installed on IOS36 WITHOUT the HBC being upside down, and then installed Preloader .29. It worked, but I got a strange message saying

"Syntax Error, missing '[' before 'n' at line 55."

after trying to load the system menu. After sitting on that screen for about 30s, my screen goes black, and, the system menu is there. So I figured this was just a problem with Preloader .29 and 4.0U, so I used the PreLoader .30 Installer/Removal Tool to update it. That went fine, and everything installed ok. However, I still get the same Syntax Error. I then set my PreLoader settings to

Autoboot to System Menu
Return to System Menu
Everything Else off

After loading the System Menu with BootMii, I sat there with a black screen for the same 30s, and the system menu came up. Is there a way to fix this, or is there something wrong with PreLoader?

Deathpoint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a few questions.

Is this stable yet? I have a wii without boot2 so I can't afford a mistake and since I have homebrew channel 1.06 I need preloader .30 right? I wonder if this is worth the risk or if I should just take my chances without any protection. What do you think?

Is the hacks.ini generated during install or do I have to make one and put my own things in it?

I still need a patched system IOS even if I use 249?

Is it recommended to use 249? In some of the posts it made it seem like it might prevent some bugs.

So do I just go into DOP-IOS and update 70 and 249 or make sure they are patched or whatever and then I can install?

Thanks guys, and thanks to everyone that worked on this.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, from the issues list on its source page, it looks like priiloader still has some issues, such as seeing the hacks.ini on 4.2.

Think I'll stick to preloader .30 until daco has those issues sorted out.

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a dl for preloaderv0.30r3? all i see is Rev 4

i wanna try out a up to date prii loader cause when i try to auto boot to the gx usb loader it just goes to a black screen and doesnt load up so i need to try another way

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
hmm, from the issues list on its source page, it looks like priiloader still has some issues, such as seeing the hacks.ini on 4.2.

i second this dude's opinion. priiloader also is kinda buggy for me. i too is still using preloader 0.30rev4. but pretty sure daco's priiloader will be stable soon.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
TroyTheZombie said:

that issue is related to how the hacks.ini is made. not directly priiloader

also, priiloader works fine for me and my testers; i just dont understand why it fails for others (like that irritating installer crash when coping System Menu app ... from 0.1)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
guykild said:
Awesome I love You dude this is freaking awesome. I can hear more Wiis Unbricking Right Now LOL! xD

yaywii.gif
5/5
You do realize that this topic is a few months old and that there's a newer version called Priiloader now, right?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...and that phpgeek seems to have fallen of the edge of the earth since then.
mellow.gif

(of course, this isn't to say the program itself is bad. At that time, all the praises were well-deserved)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days
    The age of home consoles has passed, they got assimilated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still serve a purpose for people that don't want to dive deep into it and just buy something that works
    I think the PS3 was the last console that was custom and felt at least slightly home console to me, although the constant updates pissed me off to no end.... "I got a day off from work let's play some games..." Well maybe after the hour long firmware update.... Shit the game needs an hour long update too??
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsofts giving us options the other two should've followed with tbh not everyone is going to give a damn about 4k 120fps
    Yeah I think they should have focused on 1440P and let the TVs handle upscale duty
    My 4K TV admittedly is a higher end one turns 1080P into 4K nicely
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Og switch should've released with 1440p and then release with a cheaper 720p panel at the end
    Switch Ghetto Edition lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw a lite they missed an opportunity to sell the screen
    I think all these retro consoles and Pi owe a large part of their market to home consoles being so expensive and the collectors driving up old consoles to the sky.
  • Faust03 @ Faust03:
    switch 2 will only have 3 games and will be the second coming of the virtual boy
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah if you're thinking switch 2 vr headset they have enough of a blueprint for specs to be decent Mario in full room scale would be cool some vr headsets already did demo of smb3 with a apple vr iirc
    Augmented reality peach dating sim would sell a few copies
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Augmented reality peach dating sim would sell a few copies