PS1/2 PSOne Modchip for the Parallel Port...

Beige

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on buying a PSOne very soon, gonna be searching for one that has the Parallel port. My question being what is the better solution for a mod (Backups & Region Free) that goes through the Parallel Port?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSOne does not have parallel ports. PlayStation consoles before (1999?) had them. Can't recall if there were any that allowed backups without switching the disc out.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I have a Playstation that has a chip (Have NO idea which it is, got it from a friend) that doesn't need to to switch discs out.

Are we talking about a modchip, or those game enhancer/cheat device that goes in the parallel port?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
Schlupi said:
I have a Playstation that has a chip (Have NO idea which it is, got it from a friend) that doesn't need to to switch discs out.

Are we talking about a modchip, or those game enhancer/cheat device that goes in the parallel port?

Modchip. straight up 1999 SCPH-9001 model "pop any disc in and play" modchip. I got it for free so I wouldn't have to keep damaging my PS2 with the swap disc trick for PSX games lol. Persona 2 Innocent Sin is great.
happy.gif

If worse comes to worse comes to worst, I can open the sucker up and try to find what chip it is if it's special, and post a video. Also, my PS has no Parallel Port, only has serial, AV multi, and Power input.

Is there something special about it?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Modchip. straight up 1999 SCPH-9001 model "pop any disc in and play" modchip. I got it for free so I wouldn't have to keep damaging my PS2 with the swap disc trick for PSX games lol. Persona 2 Innocent Sin is great.
happy.gif

If worse comes to worse comes to worst, I can open the sucker up and try to find what chip it is if it's special, and post a video. Also, my PS has no Parallel Port, only has serial, AV multi, and Power input.

Is there something special about it?

I was referring to those parallel port mods (as this is what the OP is focusing on). Most if not all PS1 chips do not require any disc swaps. If you take it apart you will probably find a PIC12C508 or something similar.

SCPH-900x and later did not have the parallel ports. I am not very knowledgeable about them, but to play backups I've read a original game must be in, then switch out to a copied one. If this is a case Breaker Pro boot disc may be a choice too if old cheat codes is not a concern. A stealth modchip would be the best obviously.

jinnpan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a SCPH-9001 for sale
Stealth Chip
Color Correction mod
OverClock Mod with Switch [StockOC]
Metal Hub Spindle [Best Spindles for the PSX]
Blue power LED
Blue LED when in OC Mode
Blue LED A/V port

side vent has minor damage, no damage to mobo or PSU

System ONLY

ouqn8l.jpg

211qrmw.jpg

2iau8hj.jpg

33w87yw.jpg

4v25ch.jpg

23mvd5.jpg

2ni42g2.jpg

34rvdsh.jpg

10395dt.jpg

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want get a modchip for the Parallel port on the PSX buy an old action replay, xplorer or gameshark plug it in use the swap trick to get a disk named x-flash to work then flash it with zippy rom to allow backups and homebrew (you put in your original disk close or hold down the lid sensor then it will stop swap it for the backup then tap launch game and your playing.

(using the x-flash builder you make an iso full of roms for the cheat carts that use the Parallel port this is used to flash the cart with the said rom)

http://www.murraymoffatt.com/playstation-xplorer.html

Iv got 4 psx 3 that have a Parallel port (2-7501, 1-1001, 1-5001)

Just trying to help MSaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P