OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
aljoriz said:
btw what is the DMA box for in the game loader option?
QUOTE(Maikel Steneker @ Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM) I can't tell you the details, but DMA allows direct memory acces, meaning that the rom can run faster. So, for example, the problems with the Castlevania-games can be solved. On the other hand, this might make some games not work.

Edit:
For everyone who cares: I have just made an update function. This means that it's now possible to update R4YSauto from the program itself without doing anything.

It's not released yet, but I can explain how it will work for the end user. When you start R4YSauto, there will be a settings button. When you click on it, you will see a seperate menu with some options you can tick on or off. Currently, the only option is to search automatically for updates. When you turn it on, the program will automatically try to download an update file every time the program starts. It's really small, so you won't even notice it. If it gets downloaded, I can show that an update has been found, what the changelog is etc. I can then download the new update and add and replace some files. If I may say so, it's awesome
happy.gif
Btw, the configuration files are completely different now. It's actually possible to edit them easily as well. Oh well, you will all see when I release this new version. But I've got a lot of work to do until I release it.

Aim@Me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crap, I think I installed the firmware wrong, but this is what I did:
Downloaded both files, put them in an empty directory then I copied the YSMenu into the directory, ran the batch file and wanted it to be made as firmware.

I'm using an M3 Simply so here is what I basically did on the thing, I removed all files minus the game folder but now I'm getting a _DS_Menu.dat not found lol Although your install guide is nice it is not too clear on how to install it correctly (either that or I am a complete idiot).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Salami said:
Where is this SMenu0809132222.zip file?CAn't find it anywhere
It's not available anymore. Use the newest version of YSMenu (it's available on Yasu's page) and R4YSauto and it should work.
QUOTE(Aim@Me @ Oct 29 2008, 03:41 AM) Crap, I think I installed the firmware wrong, but this is what I did:
Downloaded both files, put them in an empty directory then I copied the YSMenu into the directory, ran the batch file and wanted it to be made as firmware.

I'm using an M3 Simply so here is what I basically did on the thing, I removed all files minus the game folder but now I'm getting a _DS_Menu.dat not found lol Although your install guide is nice it is not too clear on how to install it correctly (either that or I am a complete idiot).
You probably copied all files to your SD, while you should only extract the generated zipfile.

Also, a new version of the DSTT software has been released: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112571
Is anyone willing to try it? If it works I can include it in the next version, which will be released soon. To test it, you can make a directory called "dstt" in the R4YSauto directory and place all DSTT files in it. Then run R4YSauto normally and it should use the new software.

Edit:
QUOTE(Sephi @ Oct 29 2008, 10:31 PM) I just tried the latest YSmenu with the firmware and it works fine.
The next update, to be released this weekend, will come with this new software. If you want to use it already, name it dstt.7z or place it in the dstt folder.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I was about to ask about that new DSTT firmware. I will probably try it later. Thanks Maikel, you're doing a good job here
smile.gif

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried doing it myself, did exactly what you mentioned. Extracted all files into a folder named 'dstt' (heck, I even used lower case just to be sure) and I think they were used fine (I mean, the folder disappeared once it was done), but when I try to load the game in question (Cid to Chocobo, etc...), the loading stops at the last step, "Write reload bins..."

I'll try modifying the dstt.7z file this time.

[EDIT] Even if I modify the .7z (yes, I made the 7z from scratch using only the files from the new firmware) the same thing happens.
Could I get any quick help before the weekend, cause I won't have any time to play those days. XD

Aim@Me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maikel Steneker said:
QUOTE(Aim@Me @ Oct 29 2008, 03:41 AM) Crap, I think I installed the firmware wrong, but this is what I did:

You probably copied all files to your SD, while you should only extract the generated zipfile.

Yeah thats the thing though after running the batch file I did not see a English_custom zipfile that was generation. I did eventually get it to work but I'm not sure if it was done the proper way but this time I slapped back on the M3 Simply firmware deleted the files/folders that won't be needed then copied all the files from the RYSauto folder I made. So far so good no freezing in games, just cannot figure out why I didn't get that generated zipfile.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
GrayFox2510 said:
I tried doing it myself, did exactly what you mentioned. Extracted all files into a folder named 'dstt' (heck, I even used lower case just to be sure) and I think they were used fine (I mean, the folder disappeared once it was done), but when I try to load the game in question (Cid to Chocobo, etc...), the loading stops at the last step, "Write reload bins..."

[EDIT] Even if I modify the .7z (yes, I made the 7z from scratch using only the files from the new firmware) the same thing happens.
Could I get any quick help before the weekend, cause I won't have any time to play those days. XD
It seems like you're not the only one with problems with the new software. Just to confirm: other games did work for you?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
GrayFox2510 said:

It seems like you're not the only one with problems with the new software. Just to confirm: other games did work for you?

i TRIEd updating to the new DSTT firmware myself and ran into problems. At one pointer the patcher processes stalled and when I did get it to work, I would get load errors every time I tried to start a game.

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maikel Steneker said:
GrayFox2510 said:

Using YSMenu in this process, I couldn't get any game to run. They all stalled at the same point.
I only tried about 3~4 games though.

[Edit] Well, using a patch that altered a few hex address of the ROM so far seems to work. At least until YSMenu works, I can be happy now.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the delay everyone. I planned to release a new version this weekend (and actually, I completed it) but now that I'm adding a German translation I have to rewrite parts of the code because it's really messed up. When I manage to get it working I'll release it. After that, I'll use the new code I wrote for the GUI for newer versions.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just finished making the next R4YSauto release, which will be called R4YSauto v0.0
tongue.gif

I'm to lazy to release it now, but I will soon. The beta testers of the GUI have already received it via PM. Oh, and the GUI is shaping up nicely as well, it's become a lot better last weekend.

Edit: I'll give you the changelog, just so you know what to expect:
Code:
Changelog:
v0.0 (3 november 2008)
- Updating function for R4YSauto
ÂÂÂÂ- Checks for updates when starting by default
ÂÂÂÂ- Can be disabled via the configuration program r4config
ÂÂÂÂ- Can be used to upgrade to any future version of R4YSauto
- Updating function for cheat database (at the moment only usable for beta testers)
- Support for new format of configuration files
ÂÂÂÂ- Both config.cfg (old) and settings.ini (new) are supported
ÂÂÂÂ- Script to convert configuration files (confconv) included
- Folder YSMenu is now called TTmenu in order to solve some problems
- German translation by pika9323 added
- Folder dstt will not be deleted anymore
ÂÂÂÂ- New DSTT software, like 1.16, can be used by copying the files to the dstt folder
- Extra information added for English users
- Better code for writing an YSMenu ini file
- Installation methods now have letters instead of numbers
- R4_custom_English.zip will now be opened when R4YSauto closes
- Update for cheat database
- A few little bugs have been fixed

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

just wanted to say thanks for this. I used the newest October release and it worked great!

Awesome little app. Cant wait to see the GUI version.

Your the only reason I have YSMenu on the R4 now.

suppachipmunk

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yippie
biggrin.gif
Finally YSMenu works on my flashcard (with the manual way it didn't workt :/)
And finally I don't have to create a cheat.dat with a few cheats. Now I can use the whole
biggrin.gif

Big thx

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm currently already working on v0.0.1, which fixes a few bugs. I will delete that nasty thumbs.db in the skin folder that Windows created, an error in the Dutch translation will be fixed, I'll make it possible to install R4YSauto alongside TTYSauto and AK2YSauto in the same folder (that means there'll be new versions of TTYSauto and AK2YSauto as well, even though I've ignored them for the last few weeks). Finally I will fix some bugs which show up when using the GUI (this will only affect the beta testers). The most important fix will be for the German version, which has a serious problem when using a different installation method than 1. A temporary (unofficial) fix can be found at http://board.gulli.com/thread/1234656-ndst...t-update-81108/
If I'm not mistaken, the version number isn't changed and this is based on v0.0, so it will update automatically to v0.0.1 anyway.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new version, 0.0.1, was just released.

Download
Download update

The first post has more details, but you will probably not need them. If you haven't changed anything you can start version 0.0 and it will update automatically.

Oh, and don't use the fixed German version I talked about earlier. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's based on an older version and it can't be updated! Just install a clean version of R4YSauto v0.0 or 0.0.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...