eubep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
eubep said:
Maikel Steneker, thanks for making this. I was about to purchase a new flashcart but YSMENU should keep my R4 going a bit longer. One problem I had running this was it only works on root of my hard drive. I kept wondering why it didn't work on a folder I made for it. Looking forward to future updates when next ysmenu ver is released
grog.gif
That's strange. I actually run it from a directory on my Desktop. Are you, by any chance, running Windows Vista?

Nope, Windows XP Home. I kept getting some error message about the YSMenu's zip file not being found. But everything worked when I moved all the files to the root of the drive.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
eubep said:
Maikel Steneker said:
eubep said:
Maikel Steneker, thanks for making this. I was about to purchase a new flashcart but YSMENU should keep my R4 going a bit longer. One problem I had running this was it only works on root of my hard drive. I kept wondering why it didn't work on a folder I made for it. Looking forward to future updates when next ysmenu ver is released
grog.gif
That's strange. I actually run it from a directory on my Desktop. Are you, by any chance, running Windows Vista?

Nope, Windows XP Home. I kept getting some error message about the YSMenu's zip file not being found. But everything worked when I moved all the files to the root of the drive.
In that case, it seems like it's the same problem someone else had with Vista. Thanks for the info, I wonder if it can help others.

Headin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 32bit Vista and the bat file ran fine for me.

The menu loads and so do my games, I just can't seem to get the cheats to work properly. I had to rename the YSmenu to TTmenu because of the error that occurs for some people.

In Zelda I have infinite health (cheat works) but in pokemon or kirby I can't get any cheat to work.

I know, I know, it's cheating but I want to burn through most games as quickly as possible and this usually is the easiest way.

Is anyone else having troubles with the cheats?

eubep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Headin said:

The menu loads and so do my games, I just can't seem to get the cheats to work properly. I had to rename the YSmenu to TTmenu because of the error that occurs for some people.

In Zelda I have infinite health (cheat works) but in pokemon or kirby I can't get any cheat to work.

I know, I know, it's cheating but I want to burn through most games as quickly as possible and this usually is the easiest way.

No problems here. But yes I did have to rename the YSmenu to get my cheats to work. Maybe you'll have better luck with the latest cheat file: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/latest/USRCHEAT.DAT.zip

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Headin said:

This seems to be a problem of the cheat database itself. As eubep suggested, you may want to download the latest one, it may fix the problem.

GSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I lost my copy of Hotel Dusk, so I stuck it on my M3 Simply. Whitescreened on me, regardless of what rom I used. Tried booting it up in YSMenu, since I figured it was an M3 problem, but now I get an error when it gets to 'make indextab'.

It says 'disk errcode=-2147483632' then goes on to 'system halt.'

Any ideas? I don't think it's a bad rom, though I'm not 100% certain. In the meantime, I'll try the EU version and see if that works.

I'm using the version of YSMenu set up as a .nds file. YSMenu does work for other games fine.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this sort of thing.

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GSR said:

try defragmenting your microsd card (easiest way is to move contents of your microsd card to your computer and move them back again... or backup-delete-restore :P)

GSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cpm said:
GSR said:

try defragmenting your microsd card (easiest way is to move contents of your microsd card to your computer and move them back again... or backup-delete-restore
tongue.gif
)

Works like a charm. Much obliged.
yaynds.gif

jeffjeff33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I just got my R4DS card a few days ago, but I don't really know how to use it very well. I tried the original kernal, but it always gets stuck at the loading screen. Then I tried the YSmenu and that had the exact same problem. I don't know what to do. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
jeffjeff33 said:
Hey guys,
I just got my R4DS card a few days ago, but I don't really know how to use it very well. I tried the original kernal, but it always gets stuck at the loading screen. Then I tried the YSmenu and that had the exact same problem. I don't know what to do. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I don't think it has anything to do with the software. You have probably received a broken unit. Return it to the place where you bought it, they should replace it.

It's also possible that you bought an R4 clone. In that case, YSMenu won't work directly on it. You need to find the correct software for your cart and launch YSMenu from that software.

xMilkshakesx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
     I have this problem when I put up ANY cheat code, when I load the game it says "patch install . . . open TTRESET.DAT".."error!"... Whenever I put any cheat that comes up, and doesn't let me play.. What can I do?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
xMilkshakesx said:
     I have this problem when I put up ANY cheat code, when I load the game it says "patch install . . . open TTRESET.DAT".."error!"... Whenever I put any cheat that comes up, and doesn't let me play.. What can I do?

Rename the YSMenu folder to TTMenu.

jjtheclown

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blink.gif
Oh this is fun and what more does one need than another noobie to ask the dumb ????.
1./downloaded 4sayauto
2.then downloaded ysay YSMenu0809132222 .zip
3.extracted r4ysay and copied ysmenu (did not extract).
4. then run 4 batch
5. options i did 4
6.then copied ysmenu folder in to games folder on sd card.
7.then turned on d.s went to games /ysmenu.nds then tried to play game it then came up in error
r4patch.dat
NO BOOT LOADER
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG
and as firm ware goes what is the original firm ware is it r4ds?
I'd really appreciate any advice

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
jjtheclown said:
blink.gif
Oh this is fun and what more does one need than another noobie to ask the dumb ????.
1./downloaded 4sayauto
2.then downloaded ysay YSMenu0809132222 .zip
3.extracted r4ysay and copied ysmenu (did not extract).
4. then run 4 batch
5. options i did 4
6.then copied ysmenu folder in to games folder on sd card.
7.then turned on d.s went to games /ysmenu.nds then tried to play game it then came up in error
r4patch.dat
NO BOOT LOADER
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG
and as firm ware goes what is the original firm ware is it r4ds?
I'd really appreciate any advice
You did everything right until the part of copying files to the SD-card. You shouldn't copy the whole directory, just extract R4_custom_English.zip to your SD-card.

juntok_abot

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@all who happened encounter ttreset.dat error
please rename folder "ysmenu" to "ttmenu" instead
mine fixed with that trick

@maikel
i found out if the folder name YSMenu, some games will encounter error when loading
it will show error message something about error patching ttreset.dat
while if you rename the folder into "TTMenu" everything will just goes smoothly

i've tried your great "auto" on my supercard ds one and r4 of my friend
thanks biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I just blame @Psionic Roshambo +1