Hacking R4YSauto

MolotovC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's totally ridiculous that Yasu insists on the file only being available on his site. Yasu should lighten up a bit.

Some decent Enlglish instructions on skinning properly would be nice too.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
MolotovC said:
It's totally ridiculous that Yasu insists on the file only being available on his site. Yasu should lighten up a bit.

Some decent Enlglish instructions on skinning properly would be nice too.
Yasu has perfectly understandable reasons to provide the file on his site only. He wants to count how much his projects are downloaded, so he knows which one is the most popular. This way, he can focus on popular projects. It would be nice if we could get some English instructions / an English website, but I don't mind doing a bit of work if I get something like YSMenu back for my efforts
yaynds.gif

chr0007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
residentskitz said:
can somebody point me towards YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip

I cant find it on Yasu's site anymore. thanks.
It isn't there anymore. I suspect it's in the latest update of YSMenu that Yasu just released. I will test it and probably release a new version of R4YSauto (and the others) today.

First off GREAT WORK! this makes things much MUCH easier! Cheers and many thanks!
grog.gif

Secondly, so is it no longer necessary to find YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip for homebrew?
Is it already in the latest ysmenu version and so ttextract is already implemented using your batch and 'YSMenu0809132222.zip'? If not where is it?

Was a little confused on the above quotes and the first post which still reads:
"There's also support for Yasu's new ttextract. With this new version, it's possible to get homebrew support on the R4. If you save the file YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip to the same directory, it will be recognized and used."

Thanks Again!

chr0007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NVM

Tried it out and it works with homebrew without having to find YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip!

Thanks again and superb job on the batch files!!!!

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chr0007 said:
NVM

Tried it out and it works with homebrew without having to find YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip!

YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip it's not available anymore.

You don't need to download it. It's inside the latest release of ysmenu.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maikel Steneker:
When I used your batch files to produce the files for an R4 in EN as the default boot menu, for some reason r4patch.dat still refered to ttreset.dat as being in the folder /TTMENU/ttreset.dat, hex edited it (offset 0x1AF5B) to point to /YSMENU/ttreset.dat and it worked like a charm after that.

bamse111 said:
What is DMA?
unsure.gif
Direct Memory Access.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_memory_access
Does not require CPU cycles to copy data from one place to another (like, for example, from the DS card's serial register to main RAM)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the process about the YSMenu but I can't seem to get any of the skins I downloaded from my R4DS to get it to work on the YSMenu.

My option during the process was 2. Which means R4 Loader will load up then YSMenu will take over. Can someone help me.

phnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a couple of problems with this so far.

The first is that I originally built it to load after the R4 firmware (aka calling it "Default.nds"). The problem with this seemed to be that YSmenu *also* tried to load "Default.nds" upon starting up, meaning it went into an infinite loop of loading the ROM. How did other people avoid this? I ended up renaming it to the name of the moonshell and starting it up from there instead.

The other problem is I though the advantage of YSMenu was homebrew compatibility. While I have gotten certain commercial things to work that had issues on the default firmware, I am finding a lower compatibility with homebrew than on the default firmware. Certain games stop loading after "loading arm9..." but load fine on the default firmware.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
I did the process about the YSMenu but I can't seem to get any of the skins I downloaded from my R4DS to get it to work on the YSMenu.

My option during the process was 2. Which means R4 Loader will load up then YSMenu will take over. Can someone help me.

You can only get background1 and background2 to work. Just rename them YSMenu1 and YSMenu2 respectively in the YSMenu folder.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Im having a problem.
.When i try to load something with ysmenu it says dldi not found or something like that what do I do to fix it cause I really want to use it.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code:
[quote="chr0007, post: 1415448"]NVM

Tried it out and it works with homebrew without having to find YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip![/quote]

YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip it's not available anymore. 

You don't need to download it. It's inside the latest release of ysmenu.
[/quote]
I fixed the instructions, so there shouldn't be any more confusion about this.
[quote="bamse111, post: 1418020"]
What is DMA?ÂÂ:unsure:
I can't tell you the details, but DMA allows direct memory acces, meaning that the rom can run faster. So, for example, the problems with the Castlevania-games can be solved. On the other hand, this might make some games not work.
cory1492 said:
Maikel Steneker:
When I used your batch files to produce the files for an R4 in EN as the default boot menu, for some reason r4patch.dat still refered to ttreset.dat as being in the folder /TTMENU/ttreset.dat, hex edited it (offset 0x1AF5B) to point to /YSMENU/ttreset.dat and it worked like a charm after that.
Wow, cory1492 actually used my program
yaynds.gif

This actually explains a lot of problems! Thanks for this extremely useful info! I'll look into it to find if I can make some kind of simple patcher that doesn't cause any problems (with, for example, future versions).
phnord said:

The first is that I originally built it to load after the R4 firmware (aka calling it "Default.nds"). The problem with this seemed to be that YSmenu *also* tried to load "Default.nds" upon starting up, meaning it went into an infinite loop of loading the ROM. How did other people avoid this? I ended up renaming it to the name of the moonshell and starting it up from there instead.
I noticed this problem as well. It's possible to stop the endless loop by holding the B-button for a while. You can also change default.nds in the YSMenu.ini-file to another filename. I will do this in the next version as well. I'm planning for some extra options which allow you to configure settings like this without manually editing the ini-file.

QUOTE said:
The other problem is I though the advantage of YSMenu was homebrew compatibility. While I have gotten certain commercial things to work that had issues on the default firmware, I am finding a lower compatibility with homebrew than on the default firmware. Certain games stop loading after "loading arm9..." but load fine on the default firmware.
I haven't experienced this problem myself. You may be able to load homebrew by using some kind of loader like DSOrganize.
QUOTE(yaoluislg @ Sep 26 2008, 05:18 AM)
Okay Im having a problem.
.When i try to load something with ysmenu it says dldi not found or something like that what do I do to fix it cause I really want to use it.
Are you using the newest version of YSMenu? It seems like r4dldi.dat is missing, which should be generated when using the newest ttpatch.exe which comes with YSMenu.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that this is definately not dead, even though there have been relatively few updates. I'm currently trying to make a simple GUI, and I'm adding the option to configure YSMenu.ini entirely.

Tenshigami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
cory1492 said:
Maikel Steneker:
Wow, cory1492 actually used my program
yaynds.gif

This actually explains a lot of problems! Thanks for this extremely useful info! I'll look into it to find if I can make some kind of simple patcher that doesn't cause any problems (with, for example, future versions).

Huh. It's 0x1AFB5 actually. And I just tried editting it and it doesn't work. YSMenu will still stop, not being able to find the file if it's not in /TTMENU/, and I looked at r4patch.dat afterwards and YSMenu had "fixed" the file, making it point to /TTMENU/ttreset.dat again. Either way, ttreset.dat just locks up the R4 anyway.
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(phnord @ Sep 25 2008, 06:28 PM)

I noticed this problem as well. It's possible to stop the endless loop by holding the B-button for a while. You can also change default.nds in the YSMenu.ini-file to another filename. I will do this in the next version as well. I'm planning for some extra options which allow you to configure settings like this without manually editing the ini-file.
I manually edited the line in the ini file to point to something else (which didn't exist) and it just ignored my change, still booting DEFAULT.NDS. Unlike the r4patch.dat, however, it did not "repair" what I did to YSMenu.ini, it just ignored the change altogether. Now THAT sucks. Guess we're stuck with the _DS_MSHL.NDS method.

digiblaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Great idea, but something doesn't want to work. After running the program, I get the message saying that everything I need is in the .zip folder. But, the .zip folder isn't there! What have I missed?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
lazyguy said:
every time i start a game from ymenu, it keeps on patching it, what's happening?
You should just wait until it's done patching. After that, the game should start.
QUOTE(digiblaster @ Sep 27 2008, 11:53 AM) Ok, Great idea, but something doesn't want to work. After running the program, I get the message saying that everything I need is in the .zip folder. But, the .zip folder isn't there! What have I missed?
Are you sure? Did you launch r4.bat, and was R4_custom_English.zip not generated?

digiblaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, wouldn't generate the folder. I think I've done everything right... I left the YSMenu in the .zip, which was in the folder with everything else. Ran r4.bat, followed the program through, but for some reason I can't find the r4_custom_English.zip. I'll have another go, and I'll download everything from scratch again.

EDIT: I must be doing something wrong, it's happened again. I'm sure I've done everything right as well. Just to clarify, it is YSMenu0809132222, isn't it? And that should be in the folder with the r4.bat, left in .zip form?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
digiblaster said:
Yep, wouldn't generate the folder. I think I've done everything right... I left the YSMenu in the .zip, which was in the folder with everything else. Ran r4.bat, followed the program through, but for some reason I can't find the r4_custom_English.zip. I'll have another go, and I'll download everything from scratch again.

EDIT: I must be doing something wrong, it's happened again. I'm sure I've done everything right as well. Just to clarify, it is YSMenu0809132222, isn't it? And that should be in the folder with the r4.bat, left in .zip form?
Exactly. It sounds like you're doing it right.

By the way, what OS are you using? I heard Windows Vista actually has some problems...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days
    The age of home consoles has passed, they got assimilated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still serve a purpose for people that don't want to dive deep into it and just buy something that works
    I think the PS3 was the last console that was custom and felt at least slightly home console to me, although the constant updates pissed me off to no end.... "I got a day off from work let's play some games..." Well maybe after the hour long firmware update.... Shit the game needs an hour long update too??
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsofts giving us options the other two should've followed with tbh not everyone is going to give a damn about 4k 120fps
    Yeah I think they should have focused on 1440P and let the TVs handle upscale duty
    My 4K TV admittedly is a higher end one turns 1080P into 4K nicely
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Og switch should've released with 1440p and then release with a cheaper 720p panel at the end
    Switch Ghetto Edition lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw a lite they missed an opportunity to sell the screen
    I think all these retro consoles and Pi owe a large part of their market to home consoles being so expensive and the collectors driving up old consoles to the sky.
  • Faust03 @ Faust03:
    switch 2 will only have 3 games and will be the second coming of the virtual boy
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah if you're thinking switch 2 vr headset they have enough of a blueprint for specs to be decent Mario in full room scale would be cool some vr headsets already did demo of smb3 with a apple vr iirc
    Augmented reality peach dating sim would sell a few copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://youtu.be/gVLHKrHBbZI?si=s_ljcNW1cQpvBkPj this would be cool if it just mapped the outside and was just there
  • MedAnimations @ MedAnimations:
    hi guys
  • MedAnimations @ MedAnimations:
    i just wanted to ask, did anyone by any chance try the Flash Wiiware Injector?
    @SylverReZ, lol I used to do the whole GameStop magazine and rewards thing but the deals just got worse and worse (thankfully I only ever sold one game)
    +1
    Got 80 dollars for Marvel VS Capcom on the PS2 that I bought from them the year before for like 30 lol
    Couldn't resist that deal lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I would never buy consoles from there, its like DKOldies where the condition would be a mixed bag.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I would never buy consoles from there, its like DKOldies where the condition would be a mixed bag.