Hacking real gamecube backup loader discussion

brianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A quote from wiigator "Multigame is supported in my loader, just use the generator from GCOS."

What you mean Wiigator? And what is GCOS? Can you give us an tutorial how to use it and download links?

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
brianx said:
A quote from wiigator "Multigame is supported in my loader, just use the generator from GCOS."

What you mean Wiigator? And what is GCOS? Can you give us an tutorial how to use it and download links?

GCOS= GameCube OS, used to burn several isos to one disc. Allows you to choose some settings and what game to boot. Tehskeen has al lot of info on GCOS and tools related.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
But for those multidisc games, can you actually switch the disc when the games asks you to? Will it recognize the second disc?
So I'm not talking about a game that saves before the swap so you can just run the second disc through the loader, but I mean switching in-game

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiGator said:
blitzer320 said:
just a quick question can't test this because need to go buy some dvds tomorrow but you have to burn one game per disc for now is that what waninkoko is working on or can you burn multiple games on one disc i heard some talk about it earlier but need some clarification i'm not talking about gamecube games that are more than one disc per game

Multigame is supported in my loader, just use the generator from GCOS.
Yes but, Not Wii Multigamer loader...

Wanky still has to release it..
(I thought he was meaning that also...)

frostyfrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brianx said:

1)do a search here on GBATemp for "GCOS" and get the .4Final edition

2)once downloaded, make a folder in C:/ called /GCOS....

3)so itll be C:/GCOS

4)Rename the .exe file to GCOS

5)go to command prompt and type (without quotes) "CD C:/GCOS"

6) then type "GCOS.exe"

7) ok now you will need to have the gamecube games in the same folder to make a multidisc so do that (you can fit about 3 that are not shrinked on a DVD5)

8) now you have some iso or gcm in the folder, name the games something shorter so its easier: like MetalGearSolid.iso becomes MGS.iso

9) this is the format you will type to combine the isos together...
Type this (without the : GCOS.exe

so an example would be

CODEGCOS.exe Action Games.iso USA LOZWW.iso RE1.iso MegaM.iso

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
*would kill for a multidisc maker for Linux*

The current GCOS ISO creator Windows .exe works fine if you use Mono on Linux. The only thing that doesn't work is the display of the ISOs you've added, so you can't rename or reorder them, but I tried it and it generated a multi-game disc for me with SM Sunshine, Zelda WW and F-Zero GX...

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone know if savegames works in Skies of Arcadia using Waninkoko cMIOS?
With Wiigator's cMIOS the game save but then the save is corrupted (at least, the game say it is corrupted. The wii save manager recognize it and even tell me that the save is on Pirate Island).

Or I have just to wait and let Wiigator do the magic?
rolleyes.gif

Beside, pretty impressive for a thing that everyone considered impossible!
bow.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
dottor_male said:
Anyone know if savegames works in Skies of Arcadia using Waninkoko cMIOS?
With Wiigator's cMIOS the game save but then the save is corrupted (at least, the game say it is corrupted. The wii save manager recognize it and even tell me that the save is on Pirate Island).

Or I have just to wait and let Wiigator do the magic?
rolleyes.gif

Beside, pretty impressive for a thing that everyone considered impossible!
bow.gif
use the sysmenu to load the game.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you mean the loader from HBC? I'll try now.

EDIT
I started the game from HBC and still it doesn't recognize the save. I will try to do a new save, but it will take at least 5-10 minutes of gameplay before I can save, so I'll do it later.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Rod_Hull said:
Arm the Homeless said:
*would kill for a multidisc maker for Linux*

The current GCOS ISO creator Windows .exe works fine if you use Mono on Linux. The only thing that doesn't work is the display of the ISOs you've added, so you can't rename or reorder them, but I tried it and it generated a multi-game disc for me with SM Sunshine, Zelda WW and F-Zero GX...
Does anyone know if there is a fix to make this work well in Mono?

Pou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did anyone try playin a shrunk Tales of Symphonia? Because i downloaded it, and when i shrunk it when creating a multi iso disc, and i was playing it normally, but when i get to the first forest, when i have to enter a human ranch or something, i get a black screen....
So, i wonder if the reason for this black screen is the shrinking...

N1PhANtoM

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
what wrong with me? when iam trying to start gc game (Resident Evil 0) GC Backup Loader let me choose a type of start and .... when i tap any button, ive got black screen, sometimes i hear a game sound. game is pal, wii is pal too, 3.1E. whats wrong?

UPD: Resident Evil 1 (USA VERSION) is working fine, i've try another version of RE0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Brazil?