nyrol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure that this will not be forgotten, as half of the wii's hardware is gamecube hardware modified a bit. It will just be an after thought once it has full wii backup compatibility through a softmod solution. Don't worry, it will just take some time.

cayspekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the Wii mod scene but thanks to WiiGator and Waninkoko, I'd now say that the Wii is the best gaming system to get next to the psp and xbox. I just stumbled on this thread and wanted to resurrect it since i think the whole GameCube backup launcher would be an amazing idea, and where things are now with loading Wii backup's I would say the whole gamecube loader thing couldn't be TOO hard to figure out (though I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know) Props to all the hard workers and what they've accomplished already. I think coders who can hack and mod these things simply for the thrill of it and not illicit gains are absolutely admirable. I hope this becomes a reality and would be willing to support a monitory incentive to get these guys working on it some more. I actually don't own a GameCube but play a few GameCube games on my Wii, but some of the better gamecube games are starting to get harder to find. Anyway, more power to you guys.

(PS, someone mentioned earlier on this thread that they play DVD+R Wii Backups. I burned through 5 verbatim DVD+R before trying a Phillips DVD-R and only the DVD-R ones work, so it perplexes me about the whole DVD+R -R thing)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cayspekko said:
I'm new to the Wii mod scene but thanks to WiiGator and Waninkoko, I'd now say that the Wii is the best gaming system to get next to the psp and xbox. I just stumbled on this thread and wanted to resurrect it since i think the whole GameCube backup launcher would be an amazing idea, and where things are now with loading Wii backup's I would say the whole gamecube loader thing couldn't be TOO hard to figure out (though I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know) Props to all the hard workers and what they've accomplished already. I think coders who can hack and mod these things simply for the thrill of it and not illicit gains are absolutely admirable. I hope this becomes a reality and would be willing to support a monitory incentive to get these guys working on it some more. I actually don't own a GameCube but play a few GameCube games on my Wii, but some of the better gamecube games are starting to get harder to find. Anyway, more power to you guys.

(PS, someone mentioned earlier on this thread that they play DVD+R Wii Backups. I burned through 5 verbatim DVD+R before trying a Phillips DVD-R and only the DVD-R ones work, so it perplexes me about the whole DVD+R -R thing)

anomie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cayspekko: have to agree. Had almost no interest in my Wii before. But, to be honest, not sure I'd have been much happier with a 360 or PS3. The 360 is dominated by American testosterone blow-shit-up/let's-go-to-war games, and the PS3 doesn't really have many games because it costs too much. The modding/homebrew has made the Wii fun to experiment with though.

Just to continue the GC vs Wii game discussion...
I think both systems have suffered from poor third party support, perhaps due to Nintendo always limiting the hardware compared with the competing systems (GC discs held less data; Wii's hardware is very outdated). I assume before the Wii was released, everyone just assumed the Wii would sell 3rd place, and would mostly be used by kids (like the GC) and older people, so they didn't release many games, and the ones they did were party games, games affiliated with children's tv shows and movies, and half-assed games making poor use of the Wii-mote. Now, because the PS3 was too expensive, and the 360 was a bit expensive and extremely unreliable, far more people have Wiis.

I think game companies are starting to put a bit more effort into the Wii because they can't ignore the high sales. Some of the 2009 planned releases look good, and the Japanese Wii is starting to get some of the Japan exclusives (crazy shooters, fighting games, Japanese arcade games) that the Japan PS2 used to get and the Gamecube didn't.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cayspekko said:

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
theotherfreakyguy said:
Also, off-topic, but I have some DVD+R Wii Backups, and compatibility is not as good (if you don't change booktype, which my burner can't), but some games do work. I used some old Memorex ones, too, ironically. Now I use Verbatim DVD-Rs, though. But anyway, DVD-R is best so just stick with that.

Compatibility is thesame, though most people tend to have more problems with +R's, but if they do work for you (hint: imgburn) then they'll do the job as good as any.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it really depends the brand and drive combo you have.
some DVD burners work better with certain DVD media than others.

its always good to try different ones till you get the right one and stick to it
smile.gif

btw any news on this GC backup loader?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gc backups and to fix my wii are the only reasons I'm getting a mod chip.
(the thing that really pushed me to get was to fix my wii)
a gc loader seems to be a bit far off but there is the sd load thing if you have a sd gecko.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I've heard it is difficult to patch the MIOS for Gamecube Backuploading.
So...is it possible to patch the game to work on a cIOS?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
D

Deleted User

FGOD said:
Luigi728 said:
As I've heard it is difficult to patch the MIOS for Gamecube Backuploading.
So...is it possible to patch the game to work on a cIOS?

no it isn't as iso is only wii mode and not gc mode...

Xx-Street-xX said:
QUOTE(FGOD @ Dec 27 2008, 11:54 AM) ppc_gba, are you still here doing your stuff?????

Read this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115...p;#entry1667423

thanks xx-street-xx i hope ppc_gba can get it to work!
couldn't we have some way of allowing the games to run, while the wii IOS's are still running, instead of switching to the MIOS?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odds are there's not gonna be a gc backup loader anytime soon.
if you want to play gc backups then the only solution is a mod chip.
that's the reason I'm getting one mainly it's worth the money as some of my gc games are becoming very scratched.
if i have to pick $60 for a mod chip and back up my games on dvd-r that cost $10 or the cost to actually buy the games again more than $100 i chose the mod chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, Hi child support im fbi!