Hacking real gamecube backup loader discussion

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we not let this thread die? Nobody has replied to it in awhile I'm trying to keep it alive so we can at least discuss this. It is not being discussed anywhere else!!!!

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
love the idea
smile.gif

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have many originals gc games, bought before the wii came out. That was only my thought on the general quality of wii games... I hate all those damn casual games

WarSong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was heart broken when my skies of arcadia disc 2 died on the dreamcast, i snapped up a copy of legends when it got released on GC.. but now that copy is dead too. its been useless since i moved. with any luck i'll be able to play my backup on wii until i can afford to look for another legit copy of legends. (for the collection if nothing more)

red squirrel's menu rebooter is the only thing besides wiigator's backup that seems to recognize GC backups. launching renders the same green screen.. i wonder if the source is available. if i read it right RS based it on some library. anyhow the neat thing was it recognized a copy i dug out that was accidently burnt to a +R.

Ashlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tetsuo Shima said:
Gamecube had more good games than the wii has actually.
I'am agree with you

djdynamite123 said:
QUOTEGamecube had more good games than the wii has actually.
interesting....go & buy the games then
happy.gif
Ok, I'll be back, I'm going to Gamestop

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys should srsy just be thankful for whats allready done, i mean if you are SERIOUSLY running backups you wouldnt be that interested, i'll admit i pirate games, just say you wnat it so you can pirate, and ya i want a gc loader =)

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Of course I have pirated games, as well as 99% of backup loader users. I spared a lot of money with it but that's not the only reason: some of my originals are scratched and I want to play them again. Also, some games like Metal gear are just too hard to find, and at unfair prices. I'd rather have original copies but try to find an italian copy of Tales of symphonia on ebay and see the price for yourself: almost 180€ (it had a really bad distribution in Italy and is the rarest game on GC).

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Tetsuo Shima said:
Of course I have pirated games, as well as 99% of backup loader users. I spared a lot of money with it but that's not the only reason: some of my originals are scratched and I want to play them again. Also, some games like Metal gear are just too hard to find, and at unfair prices. I'd rather have original copies but try to find an italian copy of Tales of symphonia on ebay and see the price for yourself: almost 180€ (it had a really bad distribution in Italy and is the rarest game on GC).

Same for MGS Twin Snakes... >>

However a GC Backup Loader would be really nice, keep up the good work! ^^

P.S. Io ToS alcuni mesi fa l'ho pagato 45€ (usato, PAL ITA) sul mercatino di un forum, ti consiglio di cercarli nei mercatini i giochi e non su ebay.
wink.gif

ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
alphax13 said:
thewiiman said:
BUMP

... keep hope alive

keep hope alive...........

keep hope alive!

Would it at least be plausible for someone to modify the firmware to allow access to the SD card slot well in game cube mode without it requiring an absurd amount of effort? That's really all that would be necessary to bring a Game Cube backup loader to the masses. All that would be left is the simple task of making some small changes to SD-Boot to read directly off of SD cards rather then through a SD Gecko Adapter. It would still be extremely slow in comparison to being able to play gamecube games off of burnt discs but at least then pretty much everyone who uses homebrew would be able to play backups and would be a good starting point for any future advancements.

goo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Again, keeping this alive. I have brought a chunk of GC games but there is just a sleuth of games out there that are just inaccessible to me because they are either from different regions or not made anymore. This would be a great project and I hope it isn't forgotten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    linuxares @ linuxares: Brazil?