Homebrew [RELEASE] iTouchDS complete kernel replacement

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The z003 was made to counter the work of people like me. The M3 Team wasn’t a fan of users using alternate/hacked kernels on their carts, so they released the z003 to stop that from happening. Ironically, they ended up screwing up support for Sakura. I don’t know if they ever fixed that. Iirc, they disbanded shortly after releasing the z003
a quick look thru the G003 stuff, M3 just kinda went back to their roots and made their SD code based on the OG R4.

The problem is that modern homebrew won't run on it, because it uses Moonshell, which is horribly bad at loading ROMs, and overwrites the DLDI into actual ROM code (this was okay long ago when DLDI max size was 32KB, but nowadays it is 16KB. So MSHL writes out-of-bounds). But at the very least, writing a DLDI source code will be fairly simple.

The question is how does one replace the bootloader. Not even TY has figured it out before he left the scene.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
a quick look thru the G003 stuff, M3 just kinda went back to their roots and made their SD code based on the OG R4.

what do you mean G003? never heard of that version

The problem is that modern homebrew won't run on it, because it uses Moonshell, which is horribly bad at loading ROMs, and overwrites the DLDI into actual ROM code (this was okay long ago when DLDI max size was 32KB, but nowadays it is 16KB. So MSHL writes out-of-bounds). But at the very least, writing a DLDI source code will be fairly simple.

The question is how does one replace the bootloader. Not even TY has figured it out before he left the scene.

who is TY? you had my curiosity… "replace the bootloader" but now you have my attention

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what do you mean G003? never heard of that version
G003 is the internal codename for the GMP-Z003 model.

who is TY? you had my curiosity… "replace the bootloader" but now you have my attention
TY is Taiju Yamada. Formerly @Xenon++. You'll probably recognize that name from 12 years ago who reversed a bunch of M3 stuff. He wasn't able to get the G003 bootloader replaced, but he did get M3 ninetail working at some point. Nothing more than that, though.

And the bootloader stuff are encrypted to hell so I'm not even going to try.

Reactions: Ryccardo and Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto