Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

A

a9lh-1user

Okay now it works PERFECT!
Simon the Sorcerer 1 Windows Version with sound file (*.fla) in *.mp3 format!
It's working with FULL speed without any glitches (so far!)
Sound sfx also as speech is working perfect!

NEW 3DS with A9HL on Cakes (lol) only SYSNAND in use!

Simon the Sorcerer 2 Windows Version with sound file as MP3
FULL speed no glitches (so far!)

BTW THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING RELEASE @TheCruel

Next will be my favorite PC game of all time!
Lands of Lore CD version ;)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SLiV3R

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
More games tested:

[WORKING]
Day of the Tentacle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Loom
Monkey Island 2
(talkie edition using ogg files)
Sam & Max

[WORKING WITH BUGS]
Beneath a Steel Sky - Cannot interact with environment, and cursor doesn't reach far enough to bring up inventory [UNPLAYABLE]
Broken Sword 1 - No speech, but SFX are present, resolution makes text unreadable
Broken Sword 2 - Full Speech and SFX, Resolution makes text unreadable, a little slow on intro, and screen tearing on top screen
Full Throttle - No sound once past intro movie
The Secret of Monkey Island (talkie) - Freezes at Lucasfilm Games splash screen. Can skip using the B button and continue playing as normal.

[NOT WORKING]
The Dig - Intro plays through fine, until Low comes out of the ship, then freezes (dialogue stays up on screen, animations continue, but do not progress. You can press B to skip to the other two shipmates appearing, but dialogue will freeze again, and nothing is selectable).

Tested on New 3DS

- AuReiNand A9LH SysNand 10.7
- Running HBL through CIA from SysNand 10.7
- Running ScummVM-3DS from HBL (started from SysNand 10.7)

*Edit - One suggestion is to allow the analogue stick to control the cursor as an option. This would allow the extreme regions of the screen to be reached for games like BASS. Maybe the right D-Pad can be made to act as a 'right-click' toggle for stylus input, too?

Last edited by jpxdude, , Reason: Suggestion

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also another cool thing. I've figured out how to get ScummVM to accept command line arguments properly. So you can set up shortcuts in your HBL, make a Sam & Max icon smdh, and have it launch the game directly.

Will be in next version.

Gah! Didn't notice Kyra engine wasn't listed.
Haha sorry. The rest of the engines will eventually be added. If you know how (or someone is nice enough to do it),
@TheCruel
- Broken Sword 1 runs fine, but the onscrfeen dialog is really a pain to read cause of the small screen :/
- Audio issues (like in alot of games) like sound FX etc...
Thanks. I'm going to have to talk with ScummVM devs perhaps to see why audio would be an issue.

And not sure what to do about Hi-res games for text-readability. Might just allow for the topscreen it have a customized zoom with the c-stick or something. Otherwise not much I can do with those sort of games. I'm not going to worry about it for now, as long as it's technically working.

*Edit - One suggestion is to allow the analogue stick to control the cursor as an option. This would allow the extreme regions of the screen to be reached for games like BASS. Maybe the right D-Pad can be made to act as a 'right-click' toggle for stylus input, too?
Yeah, I was thinking about using the c-stick for that.

I'll think about the right-click toggle. Atm I think you can hold down X / D-up and then tap for a right click, but the initial clicking of that button registers a click too, so doesn't work well. I'll wait on more input from others to see how controls should be changed.

Last edited by TheCruel,

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
By the way, I think I figured out why I have no speech in my Broken Sword 1 game. My speech files are in CLF format, which I believe is FLAC. I'm assuming that your build of ScummVM doesn't have FLAC support?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I think I figured out why I have no speech in my Broken Sword 1 game. My speech files are in CLF format, which I believe is FLAC. I'm assuming that your build of ScummVM doesn't have FLAC support?
It's built with OGG and MP3, but not FLAC. Though that can easily be added if necessary in the future.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, it would complain about the 3DS not being supported or some deal with ./configure, I commented out the exit 1 after that message in configure and so far it's built fine, except it's expecting libmad which I don't have.
Yeah, I forgot to commit some lines in the configure file. I added them now: https://github.com/Cruel/scummvm/commit/fe8d48005717a4c77d34da1a5f9e4b5bfc597c6f

Anyways, I'm testing CIA stuff now.

EDIT: btw, added compiling instruction to OP, may need revisions if it's inaccurate or insufficient.

Last edited by TheCruel,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone able to run this twice in a row?

After I close it, I cannot open it again without a crash. But I can usually open up another app (like ftpd) and then close it and reopen ScummVM fine. So I'd like to know if this happens for anyone else.

A

a9lh-1user

I started Simon 1 and closed the app, after that i started directly the app again with simon 2 without any problem.
But sometimes if you push to many buttons in a row it will stuck :(

P.S. sorry forgott: New 3DS with Cakes CFW

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TheCruel

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
And not sure what to do about Hi-res games for text-readability. Might just allow for the topscreen it have a customized zoom with the c-stick or something. Otherwise not much I can do with those sort of games. I'm not going to worry about it for now, as long as it's technically working.

@TheCruel
Anyway, i uploaded a small video of Broken Sword on N3DS (Full Intro + few seconds of gameplay)

For those that like to know, no it's not my name, i found out i once made a random youtube account to upload flashcart reviews and seems i never used it :P

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: SLiV3R and TheCruel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D