Hacking Rominator v2008

titanium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no problem understanding that his personal life is more important, but an auto-update that could grab the latest rom listing would've been a great way for all of us to keep using the app for years to come. I will most likely keep using it for some task, but as I'm on a Mac, the alternatives are pretty slim to none. Looks like i'll have to boot Parallels and use some pc apps to automatically rename the latest release
frown.gif

Hope everything gets sorted out in your real life and that maybe, down the line, you might start up development again.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
titanium said:
I have no problem understanding that his personal life is more important, but an auto-update that could grab the latest rom listing would've been a great way for all of us to keep using the app for years to come.

There IS an auto-update feature. It grabs the latest database on bootup but what you fail to realize is that the author is the person that updates the database. He is unable to due to personal reasons therefore, no new databases, no new updates.

Here's a quote from his letter:

QUOTEIt's with deep regrets that I am no longer able to sacrifice time to update the database or complete Rominator 2009

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry guys, I'll be preparing a solution this weekend that will allow appointed users to update the database -- this way you can still receive regular database updates. It sucks that I can't find the time to do it anymore, but I need to decide to either get another job to try and pay for my bills in my spare time, or code Rominator in my spare time. I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious, since I do have a wife and son
smile.gif

If anyone's interested in becoming a Database Administrator, by all means send me an email and let me know. Right now I can only have one admin so make sure you use proper English when asking. I won't appoint someone who says 'zomg can I has being rominatr database updatorz pl0x?'. The database has a quality standard that needs to be maintained.

titanium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zero383 said:
There IS an auto-update feature. It grabs the latest database on bootup but what you fail to realize is that the author is the person that updates the database. He is unable to due to personal reasons therefore, no new databases, no new updates.

I know there's an auto update, but he has to make this happen in the background everytime he wants us to get a database update.

QUOTE(hankchill @ May 27 2009, 08:17 AM) Don't worry guys, I'll be preparing a solution this weekend that will allow appointed users to update the database -- this way you can still receive regular database updates.

Great
biggrin.gif
, exactly what I was hoping for.

mantacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Henry,
Sorry to here the situation at home mate, but I am sure alot of us can appreciate it.
I for one will continue to use Rominator and hope in the future, life may allow you to continue with your hobby which has helped me out heaps.
Cheers mate, good luck with it all.

pfriederichs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone care to suggest any alternative rom managers that have current databases -- been using Rominator for so long now I've never really looked at the alternatives (I am sure they dont compare but I just would like to find somthing that renames and sorts rom with a current database).

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pfriederichs said:
Anyone care to suggest any alternative rom managers that have current databases -- been using Rominator for so long now I've never really looked at the alternatives (I am sure they dont compare but I just would like to find somthing that renames and sorts rom with a current database).

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

No Need to stop using Rominator..

Hankchill said that the database will be updated again as soon as he finds a Database Admin to take over. (Which should be this weekend according to one of his last posts)

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone.

DS Database should be up to 3804, I should have the database Fully up to date tomorrow.

If anyone has any issues with new updates to the Database, please direct your concerns to mr[dot]seiko[at]gmail[dot]com
Subject: Rominator Database Issue
And provide as much detail on the issue as possible, and any websites that may support what you are saying.

Thanks.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Seiko said:
Hey Everyone.

DS Database should be up to 3804, I should have the database Fully up to date tomorrow.

If anyone has any issues with new updates to the Database, please direct your concerns to mr[dot]seiko[at]gmail[dot]com
And provide as much detail on the issue as possible, and any websites that may support what you are saying.

Thanks.

You sir are a God among men. Thank you so much for taking on this task! Excellent work!

Xwestx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mr.Seiko said:
Hey Everyone.

Thanks.

Please erreur database for me !!
roms 3785 at 3804
unsure.gif

capturethn.png

EDIT : Error correct version more bug

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Xwestx said:
Mr.Seiko said:
Hey Everyone.

Thanks.

Please erreur database for me !!
roms 3785 at 3804
unsure.gif

capturethn.png

Please make sure the database is updated for you, it will tell you right in Rominator beside the progress bar what version of the database you have. It works just fine here.

--Henry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And sometimes Z