Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pka4916 said:
Rominator is dead.

Try my program www.dsromorganizer.com

much more options and flexible
Looks cool, but I don't see a Mac version. Any chance your source code is open enough to compile cross-platform?

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pka4916 said:
Rominator is dead.

Try my program www.dsromorganizer.com

much more options and flexible

Rominator is not so much dead as 'just being on life support': Last I heard from hankchill, he needed to rewrite his server updating tool because he lost his current one and only has the source for an older version. I have already posted two separate manual database updates for it (current database is at rom 4603).

I saw on your site that "Some virus scanners may detect a false positive of 'Win32/Packed.Themida'". Kaspersky Anti-virus just says "Backdoor.Win32.Surila.cb" and won't let it install on my machine.
tongue.gif
Other that that, the pic on your site does bear a striking resemblance to Rominator. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose.
smile.gif

EDIT: Database was updated to 4603.

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah... it's pretty common sence to TYPE on a keyboard.
not sure about that other person.

anyways.. the site is back.

Note V1 is online.. V2 is in Beta for a while and will blow your mind away.. lol

some items are in V2

- Faster
- Docking
- CD/DVD etc burning
- ISO
- Drag/Drop
- Proxy
- Customize several layouts
- Renaming
- RAR / ZIP / 7z full support
- Combining images into archive etc
- Custom folders
- Walkthrough editor
- Language editor

etc...

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pka4916 said:
not sure about that other person.

Who me? I'm the (interim) Rominator database administrator. Nice to meet you
laugh.gif

BTW, the title might be permanent unless hankchill gets another volunteer to take over the database.

I do understand your enthusiasm on trying to get word out on your Rom organizer and can appreciate it, but high-jacking someone else's thread when you have a few of your own already isn't the best way to do it.
smile.gif

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spm12 said:
im lost now

Yeah, I tend to have that effect on people.
laugh.gif

I don't know if this will help you out or confuse you more, but allow myself to introduce myself: I'm the current database administrator for Rominator. Apprently the last one quit/walked away/whatever-you-want-to-call it. I'm trying to mind house while hankchill works on fixing the problems he's having with Rominator. Mostly I hang out in the Rominator Database thread when I'm not actively working on a new database, but I do visit here once-and-a-while.

I'd like to thank pka4916 for coming up with an alternative to using Rominator. Really, I'm not trying to fault him on it: In fact, I wouldn't mind trying his program as soon as my antivirus will allow me to. However, this thread is supposed to be about Rominator. I could even take a moment to plug the fact that hankchill has told me Rominator 2010 is in the works.

If that didn't help straighten you out some, you can PM me: I'm not really a jerk, it's just this time of the year brings out the best in me.
laugh.gif

RCGantois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My database is in 4179.... Can anyone here help me to update? I try "run as administrator", XP and Vista compatibility, disable windows firewall... but anything didn't work.

My system is a Genuine Win7 Business (64bits) with a registered Rominator 2008.20

Thanks!

RCGantois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found the updato to 4620, but it have some issues, like Ghostbusters is identified as "Horrible Histories - Ruthless Romans". Then I downloaded the 4603 version and it seems ok

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCGantois said:
I found the update to 4620, but it have some issues, like Ghostbusters is identified as "Horrible Histories - Ruthless Romans". Then I downloaded the 4603 version and it seems ok

Unfortunately, I can't duplicate your error using the 4620 database so I can't fix it.
frown.gif
I've tried using compressed and uncompressed versions of the roms and they all seem to identify properly. If you mean that it's showing incorrect boxarts (which I do see in both versions) then that's out of my hands right now: The Rominator server needs an update and I can't do that.

Can I get more information on the other issues you have with the 4620 database?

I do know there's an error with 4336 not identifying properly, which will be fixed in the next database release.

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone still follows this thread, there is an update to rom 4660 here. There is also a box art update here that will straighten all the old boxarts out as well as update the boxarts to 4637. The newer update already contains boxarts 4638 to 4660 as well as the updated the Rominator database.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Based on one guy?