Hacking Rominator v2008

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markmcrobie said:
SO what was it?

Apparently he was purchasing a Wii from the Guy, and hankchill sent off the payment Via PayPal, but the Guy didn't send the Wii.

So there was some PayPal disputes, and sounds like PayPal sided on hankchill's side, but were unable to recover the funds.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Seiko said:
markmcrobie said:
SO what was it?

Apparently he was purchasing a Wii from the Guy, and hankchill sent off the payment Via PayPal, but the Guy didn't send the Wii.

So there was some PayPal disputes, and sounds like PayPal sided on hankchill's side, but were unable to recover the funds.

Yeah some idiot scammed me, thankfully I was able to get my money back today which means I will be able to afford some new features, even after the tight christmas budget
wink.gif

Thanks for your support though guys, that guy deserves everything that is coming to him!

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
Mr.Seiko said:
markmcrobie said:
SO what was it?

Yeah some idiot scammed me, thankfully I was able to get my money back today which means I will be able to afford some new features, even after the tight christmas budget
wink.gif

Thanks for your support though guys, that guy deserves everything that is coming to him!

That's Awesome,

Glad to see that you didn't get screwed on this deal, and glad to see that the little Scammer is getting what's coming to him.

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too many pages to check through but;

Is it possible to put this on my external hdd with all my roms?
I've tried but it muddles up all my lists, or they disappear when I disconnect it...

kitki83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I am new so I hope this is the correct place to ask this but... how do I know if I have the latest version of rominator and to donate, how would I know its the proper author? I just want to pay for the software to get full access. I got 2008.20 version not from the official website.

Thank you

SpAmBaM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Visit the offical site http://www.rominator.net/ and download the latest version of Rominator.

Then:
1.) Extract the program
2.) Start it
3.) Click on "Help->Make a donation"
4.) Click "Make a donation"
5.) The rest goes with Paypal...
6.) You recieve an serialnumber for Rominator by email
7.) Paste serialnumber to Rominator
8.) Have Fun!

Hope this helps you...
rolleyes.gif

PS: Why didn't you just download it from the offical site? LOL

kitki83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpAmBaM said:
Visit the offical site http://www.rominator.net/ and download the latest version of Rominator.

Then:
1.) Extract the program
2.) Start it
3.) Click on "Help->Make a donation"
4.) Click "Make a donation"
5.) The rest goes with Paypal...
6.) You recieve an serialnumber for Rominator by email
7.) Paste serialnumber to Rominator
8.) Have Fun!

Hope this helps you...
rolleyes.gif

PS: Why didn't you just download it from the offical site? LOL

Another site had an updated version but now I have some games it does not recognize (as in auto rename or game category info) That is what I am trying to see if I pay will I get the updates?

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to pay to get the updates, that's only for additional features. Every time you launch the program, it'll connect to the website to see if there are database updates, and download them. The list is updated every Saturday, so any new releases during the week won't be in the database until the weekend.

krazymac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEY I FOUND YOUR SOFTWARE ON THE CYCLODS TEAMCYCLOPS FORUM AND I WANTED THE EXTRA FEATURES. I'D DONATE 5 BUCKS FOR ALL I CARE BUT HOW DO I DONATE
nds.gif
yaynds.gif

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retards like the person above ought to be banned for life -___-

Is the database still being updated? My Rominator still lists it as being up to 3387 (which is nearly 50 games behind... is something wrong with my program?)

Donkey Punch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LordMelkor said:
Is the database still being updated? My Rominator still lists it as being up to 3387 (which is nearly 50 games behind... is something wrong with my program?)

That is what mine is stuck at too. Either Hank has abandoned it or he will be doing a lot less frequent updates. Wish he would let us know either way.

This is a shame because it is an awesome utility (yes, I donated)

Last message if I recall was in January and he apologized for the lack of updates and reported it would get back to normal by the end of January. It didn't happen. Hopefully everything is fine at home and everyone is healthy. Hank seems like a real nice guy.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys sorry for the lack of the update last week -- My computer had a meltdown and a hard drive crashed... thankfully I have everything backed up, but it takes a long time to get the system back up and running the way it should be. I promise I'll have a database update for you guys this weekend, if not tomorrow
smile.gif

Donkey Punch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info update Hank.

I am sure we can wait another week. As long as we know that your fantastic utility is still alive we can wait patiently
biggrin.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nice program.
I was using ndslist until I noticed it stopped showing some of the newer games in the dat, and it seems to be abandoned.
Tried easily 4 different organisers, your is by far the best for me.

Three things though.
1. The save data would be better ordered in folders named by the release number in my opinion. I found it impossible to navigate through the folders when I was first moving in my backed up saves.
2. The list of games has some Japanese names for some of the "many" region games, which again makes it difficult to do things manually like adding games and what not.
3. Having a single, closed database seems like a lot of work on you, would you not consider an option of using clrname, or another list type rather than the one you update?

None of those are important, but anything to improve a program is worth saying in my opinion.
smile.gif

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I know I did not write something during the last time and I know I really neglected my NDS a lot but now I updated my Rominator again and have two things to point out:

1. In the main view while "My whole collection" is selected and I want to sort according to the "Number"-column it does not that properly. Sorted ascendingly the first file is number 1138 then 1337 followed by 1385 and some more random entries. After a while number 0001 comes and after that everything normal.
No big problem at the moment because my files are named with the leading number and I still can sort according to the Name-column BUT it's still some kind of bug.

2. Any plans to make this application "multi-threaded" (yeah I know I'm just a wannabe with a multicore CPU
happy.gif
)?? - But I thing it would not speed up much because the main problem (at least with my PC) is the excessive HDD access while dealing with the whole collection!!

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Hank,

I don't know if this is an issue or not, but I thought I might mention it.

2 of my roms from my No-Intro nds .dat don't appear in your database, they are:
2439 - Koh-Lanta (France)
2438 - Cahier de Vacances pour Adultes (France)

Checking the No-Intro website it appears there are 2 dumps of each of these games;
a bad one and then a redump

ie for 2439 - Koh-Lanta (France)
(Bad dump because of a bad header) -link removed-
(Good Dump) -link removed-

Like I said, this may or may not be an issue depending on whose list you get your game crc's from.

Thanks for a very useful program,

Tiny

*edit* I don't know why my links were removed since they don't link to a Rom site - They link to a Rom INFO site.
No worries though just go to the No-Intro site and search for the relevant rom,
You'll get 2 hits, one the bad dump info, and the other the redump (good) info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A