Hacking SoftMii is nothing more than a bundle?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey ice since when have we argued? as far as im aware we haven't. and shit getting a tool to automate this... don't you remember me suggesting you do that a few days back, im down lets knock this shit out so everyone can have their own CSM the way they want it, and i can stop answering 100 PMs a day about where x is or why y doesnt work in their ash file, heh/

hac76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Softmii is just a pretty shit !

No region free !

Thx Aquilino for your work, you are the one who have really patched system menu !

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hac76 said:
Softmii is just a pretty shit !

No region free !

Thx Aquilino for your work, you are the one who have really patched system menu !

no region free???????????
are we talking bout the whole package or just the softmii tweaks?

cos after installing the whole softmii package, my wii is region free, only not when pal video modes are not suported on the disks

still don't get why my pal WII won't play ntsc games in ntsc mode in colour(no its not my tv)

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you guys bashing each other? I love all the work you guys have put in..SoftMii..The Health screens..and the back up loaders..I don't care if its not all your own work..you had to put work in to bring all this stuff together to make it easier for others to mod their Wii.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm correct Softmii put together a whole bunch of apps in a specific fashion to allow disc channel loading, thats completely region free. Without softMii, we wouldn't be free region loading.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
Phratt said:
Without softMii, we wouldn't be free region loading.

Ummm... Starfall, Preloader, there's tons of stuff that made games region free.

Starfall didn't make Region free disc channel loading, niether did preloader. It was clarky's (as of then unthought of) combination of the Edited ARC, Preloader, and system menu that made Region free disc channel loading possible.

It was initially made to be an all in one, easy noob-proof guide, to have region free disc loading. And it was until they all thought of making a CSM. For you guys to strip credit away from Clarky and company is about as wrong as stripping the credit away from the authors of the apps that he assembled.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I have to say is that I have 35 out of region games and only one does not show in color and has flip screen from the disc channel PIKMIN PAL. That's because it's me T.V. problem no PAL Video.

Edit: I agree with Phratt. With their knowledge of how all 3 things work they combine them together and give us an all in one package. They gave credit to the creators of the tools as well.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive just a few simple points to make here -DD came up with an idea on how we could modify the system menu and I asked Crediar to make Softmii Tweaks Installer for us for the SoftMii Package. As DD said None of you would have been able to install health screens/system menu enhancements/etc safely wuithout this. You would have ended up with a wad and a possible brick.

Its ARC Mod 5 that makes the Wii Region Free - we advise not to use any preloader region free hacks.

Now SoftMii is region free - ifyou can't make it work - use Gamma!

Now - We have a new installer ready for SoftMii 2.0 which will help the process for all of you
tongue.gif

And people wonder why we moved SoftMii to Wiinewz.com

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jesse Sander said:
I was gone from the Wii scene for about 2 months and now I see 'SoftMii'.
So I'm like OMG they have an own forum/website and a big feature list, this must be huge!
But WHAT is SoftMii?

The main features are from different programmers:
  • cIOS corp (backup loading through disc channel)
  • Preloader (safety, sysmenu hacks)
Then you got the home made(?) features:
  • A custom health screen, which is quite unnecessary.
Mmz, nothing big added by the main SoftMii developers as far as I see.

Then, you see some intro screens:
"Region free gaming, backup loading etc."
Created by:

I don't know what I want to achieve with this topic. But I think it's unfair for the Preloader/cIOScorp dev's that heir work is being redistributed without any proper credits. They should be the big names on the credit list.
Or is that just me who's being retarded?

I am one of the responsables of CIOScorp (altough not the creator of the package) I all the involved in that project agreed we didn't want any credit for it, hence the big "risk" and missuse that can be given to it..!!
smile.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also helped create CIOSCORP and i neither want credit for it, Cause i dont want to be responsible for bricks it may cause to Noob Users and Plus Wan Cios rev7 is the backbone of the CIOSCORP just alittle Pathcing was the all it took to make it So if anyone shold get Credit it should be Wan Himself, its His Code, that is enabling DiscChannel\Backup Loading but i'm sure he wouldn't want anything to do with it either. Cause you ask me this Softmii\CIOSCORP is a Ugly Hack

quantocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SoftMii guys take 'donations' to pay actual real coders to to make stuff for them to claim as their own. It's a good package of all tools required but nothing of great value you can't package up yourself and call it something else and zip it.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can weigh in on things, as you well know i was around with ironmask at the very beginning of the cioscorp project. And that was a very fun successful project. But after many many weeks of no-one being able to figure out a working solution for out of region native game launching from backup channel things kind of died down in that thread. Then of course digitydogz and myself and a couple others decided to do softmii with the intention of modifying the system menu and getting out of region native game launching from disc channel working, as well as using what we considered the best hacking tools to do so.

And yes we have gotten tools from coders and used it in our package. And we have forwareded donations from our paypal account to them. I see nothing wrong with this. We aren't talking very big amounts of $ here. Before I get to rambling.....

After starting to make changes to the system menu with the hack tool, (very safe method brought to you first by softmii thanks to crediar) digitydogs got sidetracked with other projects and I had to step in and learn the methods to fill the void. With the recent Cursor/Backpic themes I've been doing and the near ready release of 2.0 I think you'll see we've been up to more than just putting everybody else's work together.

I guess we'll find out shortly if the effort was worth the time invested.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Phratt said:
Golfman560 said:
Phratt said:

Starfall didn't make Region free disc channel loading, niether did preloader. It was clarky's (as of then unthought of) combination of the Edited ARC, Preloader, and system menu that made Region free disc channel loading possible.

It was initially made to be an all in one, easy noob-proof guide, to have region free disc loading. And it was until they all thought of making a CSM. For you guys to strip credit away from Clarky and company is about as wrong as stripping the credit away from the authors of the apps that he assembled.

It Did For Me.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
CIJC said:
Phratt said:
Golfman560 said:
Phratt said:

It Did For Me.
It did for me too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: