United States
You can follow this for those FW's, the process will work on them too
smile.gif

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first off, do you I have to do the furthur instructions. Because when I try and install IOS60patched, on installing content #05 or whatever it says error and it doesn't complete? Help?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got all the files downloaded, I have backuplauncer HBC and everything else, does this mean I am able to play backup games without CIOSCORP? Or will I have to get it, sorry, I'm a bit noobish at this.

nextnomura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the time I select downgradeios35.dol (runfirst) had nothing happens, an then I reset the wii to repeat it, and I try again just now and as a result

"failed to add title, maybe you already ran this"

I already try to delete and copy to SD card the result is the same

what should I do?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
jhoff80 said:
Once you get cIOS installed, can't you just use the official HBC installer?

The HBC installer uses it's own exploit which has been patched in System Menu 4.0 so unfortunately no...

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking there. I guess maybe I meant if you use IOS downgrader and then you can use the official installer or something.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Just making sure so I don't brick my Wii or anything: If I bought my Wii a week ago (It's not LU64, I just checked) and updated it to 4.0 when I turned it on, will this still work? If so, do I need to do anything else besides what it says in the tutorial to get the softmod running?

S0uL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind i just unplugged for 10 minutes and it worked!!!!

@kongsnutz I used your softmod guide and all went well backup launcher and HBC was there installed CIOS v10 went well. installed IOS60.wad said installed fine went to restart the wii and now it wont power on!!! any ideas on what to do??

marc23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked a treat on my 3.3E. Once I got the HPC working I installed IOS60.wad, CIOSv10 and run IOSdowngrader. Still have a few questions. Is there something I need to install in order to block updates from games, or is there a way to get my 3.3 now up to a 4.0 without loosing the HPC ?

I'm a complete noob, so please be gentle with me :-)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc
You can go ahead and update to 4.0 aslong as CIOS and HBC are already installed, just fine.

@Soul
I sent you a PM, dunno what you did wrong there mate.

DO NOT INSTALL CIOSCORP, it's a horrid program and you don't need it.........messes with the nand and stuff more than it should. Just my opinion.

If you follow the guide 100% from start to finish you will have no problems, Obey every little detail!

After this is done and you have done further steps, you will be able to play backup's (no you don't need CIOScorp forget you heard about that)

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
3 quick questions

1/ if i install a wiiware or vc game with a wad, do i still need that wad on the sd card or can it be deleted?

2/ how do i delete a wiiware or vc game, is it a simple as just deleting the channel?

and finally

3/ using this guide (not tried it yet) i understand ill be able to boot backups through the wiis disc channel?
is it region free?

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console is 4.0e virgin and has a wiikey2 installed
is there any steps i can skip

all i want to be able to do is install virtual console games and such

mega man x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, quick update:

Use kongs's guide to the letter. Also, install the three files that are in the "Further Steps"

I then used the USB Loader 1.5, put it on my SD Card, and ran it in the HBC. USB loader correctly formatted my 750 Gb WD Mybook Edition. My first rip took aprrox 10 min. THX KONG!!

HBC Installed using KongNutz Guide on a Launch, fully updated virgin wii system menu 4.0

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed this, and it works, but my homebrew channel doesn't show anything on my SDHC card.

Is there a newer version of homebrew channel I can install with SDHC support, or another reason this isn't working with the SDHC card?

(I used my normal SD card to run through the tutorial, of course)

Also, is there a reason you used cIOS v7? Or can I just install cIOS v11?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt