Hacking The Ultimate Virgin 4.0 Softmod Guide

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just curious though. LU64/65 machines are US ones. Any database out there which lists equivalents but for JPN/EUR/KOR consoles?

Also, if a new console comes with 4.0, what are the chances that it's a LU64/65 even if its not a US Wii?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praxis said:
Followed this, and it works, but my homebrew channel doesn't show anything on my SDHC card.

Is there a newer version of homebrew channel I can install with SDHC support, or another reason this isn't working with the SDHC card?

(I used my normal SD card to run through the tutorial, of course)

Also, is there a reason you used cIOS v7? Or can I just install cIOS v11?

Format your SDHC, mine works with it and it should be HBC 1.01 which is the newest.

I used CIOS7 at first because it's all i could find a wad of, using ciosv10 which is the newest (unless theres been an update in the last 4 hours) would be fine if you have a .wad of it. (will not work from the .dol installer using 4.0 until CIOS already exists)

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ May 11 2009, 09:13 AM) Just curious though. LU64/65 machines are US ones. Any database out there which lists equivalents but for JPN/EUR/KOR consoles?

Also, if a new console comes with 4.0, what are the chances that it's a LU64/65 even if its not a US Wii?

LU64/65 is indeed usa, my guess is that LA64/64 is Ausi ones , replace the U/A with your countries barcode start (this may or maynot be correct)

The chances of getting a Unmodable (for now) wii at retail is very high since the console moves so fast. My advice is to buy 2nd hand

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw a leaked (semi) version of CIOSrev11 is out.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS YET AS IT IS BETA CODE!!! wait for the magical Waninkoko to release it.

easygo

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
hi..i need some help please...
If i already managed to install hbc...and i even got apps to work...but now i'm having problems to install wad manager, and the cios36_rev10..
can i do something from there onwards? or can i just delete the hbc channel and follow your guide from the begining?
its giving me error ret 2001 or ret 1 when trying to instal wad manger or the cios..

thanks for your time

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi I have a korean set so the LU64 thing doens't apply.

But my set is 3.4 so do I actually need to be afraid of any bricking as long as i don't get on to 4.0?

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just followed the guide and worked a treat..done my first 4.0 wii
yay.gif

all went fairly well..ran into 1 small problem that might help others out..as it wasnt my wii i ran the DowngraderIOS35 without first setting up the network on my router..so it failed on network..then every time i tried to redo it i kept getting "Failed to add title, maybe you already ran this"
to get around this i downloaded IOS35-64-v1040.wad and dropped it in wads folder and then installed it via the wad manager. then once it installed redid the DowngraderIOS35 and it worked after..

cant thank you enough and i thought i'd post the problem/solution as i can see it being a common 1..

finaly

Comex: for banner bomb
Davey92: for the dvdx ios35 downgrader
Hackmii: for all there insightful info's
and last but definitely not least Waninkoko, if it were not for your apps we'd be nowhere.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davey92 had absolutely nothing to do with the IOS 35 downgrade tool. the tool is actually the DVDX 3.4 installer from team twiizers Davey only figured out that it would still work to downgrade the IOS 35 to a trucha friendly version on 4.0 wiis. Further more the downgrade is possible because the tool causes IOS 35 to "reset" or something along that line. (thats what I was told but either way) then the older IOS is downloaded and installed. seeing as it's a properly signed IOS file downloaded from nintendo's servers there is no need for a truch friendly IOS to install the older IOS 35 from. Either way this won't work with LU64 wiis because it uses an older version of IOS. what is needed is a full on crack of the signing check...... this is much harder to obtain...... It's likely that a new bug in the signing will be found that will allow one to fakesign wad files for use with these types of wiis but until then there is no real way to get an HBC on a virgin 4.0 LU64 wii. It would be nice if we actually just broke the signing of the system.

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've given someone this link to use but they're saying the files arent appearing on the Wii when they're going into the SD Card.

Anyone else come across this?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get then to re-read how it works.

SD Card doesn't mean selecting the SD menu on 4.0 where you can install channels.

It means what it says the Data Management/Channels/SD.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
No preloader because it's not needed and i don't use it. (lol)

CIOS is a modified IOS36 that installs as ios249 on the wii

IOS36 is indeed trucha patched (and installs as IOS36), and needs to be installed before using iosdowngrader.

Buby78 is fully correct thats just rediculous to not include the app NEEDED FOR BRICK RECOVERY if they do happen to do something wrong (read the forums it happens LOL) This is a nice guide but its a DANGEROUS GUIDE UNLESS YOU INCLUDE RECOVERY TOOLS EVEN IF YOU DONT USE THEM! Its not fair to provide folks with "some" of the vital info when the processes can cause bricks...ANY WAD CAN....say its not zipped and the upload is currupt....ect..many X factors to consider when hacking any console...recovery is a VITAL STEP....Regardless of your personal bias....

Thanks for this guide though gr8 contribution for the most part....

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easygo said:
hi..i need some help please...
If i already managed to install hbc...and i even got apps to work...but now i'm having problems to install wad manager, and the cios36_rev10..
can i do something from there onwards? or can i just delete the hbc channel and follow your guide from the begining?
its giving me error ret 2001 or ret 1 when trying to instal wad manger or the cios..

thanks for your time

Just start the guide from step1 and do everything.

QUOTE(Darkflame.fire @ May 12 2009, 05:18 AM) Hey let me get this straight if a have a wii running v4 firmware and does not have any homebrew things on it i would be able to hack it?

Yep, that's what the guide does!!

@Vetta

I respect you on this forum however i won't include details on an app i don't/never have used, that would be pretty stupid on my part.
All my files in the guide are zipped (rared) and definitely are not corrupt on the upload. There is a disclaimer in place explaining that any files you use on wii could brick your machine, so that's my reasons.

Thanks for contributing anyhow.

uzima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your guide!
Just quick questions:

Will I be able to use all your steps in the guide on a wii 3.4e console?

and I have read somewhere that downgrading was not recommended, but does this downgrade a 3.4e wii?

and are there any disadvantages in using this release than waiting for a new release or?

Once again Thanks!

r6306

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bow.gif

Well done one and all...

prepare for round 2 of forum overload!

p.s. please please make an offline version so I can do all my mates on the fly
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg