OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uzima said:
Thanks for your guide!
Just quick questions:

Will I be able to use all your steps in the guide on a wii 3.4e console?

and I have read somewhere that downgrading was not recommended, but does this downgrade a 3.4e wii?

and are there any disadvantages in using this release than waiting for a new release or?

Once again Thanks!

Yep go ahead and no it wont actually downgrade the machine just 1 IOS file in the process.

No disadvantages at all.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started following the guide and tried updating my 3.3U Wii. I have a 2 part question.

1) When I got to the part where it said to go into WAD Manager 1.4, select IOS35 (when asked which IOS to use) and install CIOSv7. When I tried I got a 1035 error I believe it was. I can't go past this point. Any ideas?

2) I repeated the step and made a mistake. I went into WAD Manager 1.4 again, selected IOS35 but accidentally/successfully installed IOS35.WAD instead of selecting CIOSv7. Will THIS screw something up?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gene0915 said:
I started following the guide and tried updating my 3.3U Wii. I have a 2 part question.

1) When I got to the part where it said to go into WAD Manager 1.4, select IOS35 (when asked which IOS to use) and install CIOSv7. When I tried I got a 1035 error I believe it was. I can't go past this point. Any ideas?

2) I repeated the step and made a mistake. I went into WAD Manager 1.4 again, selected IOS35 but accidentally/successfully installed IOS35.WAD instead of selecting CIOSv7. Will THIS screw something up?

I believe that you HAVE to install an old IOS35 (so you can have the fake-signing bug), then re-start Wad Manager selecting IOS35 and then install the cIOS, now you can use the the cIOS to do whatever you want..!!
smile.gif

Has someone tryed to use the HBC-Installer.dol instead any of the ones used in this guide..??
huh.gif

AuroraKnight214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got everything done till after homebrew channel and backup loader. For some reason HomeBrew channel's little white globe thing wont connect my internet is working fine and i can connect to wi fi with brawl and such and i also am able to go on Wii shop and Nintendo channel Please help Never mind fixxed it

AuroraKnight214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm when i do the downgrade how long is it supposed to satay at initializing network and if i press A the screen goes to "an exception has occured" is something wrong? Then a bunch of weird codes sorta ARish

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, worked flawlessly as many people said, I was wondering, I was able to play backups(legit) from disc channel, semi bricked my wii using an older version of preloader, fixed it, now whenever I load one up, it says "This disc cannot be read. Please refer to the Nintendo blah blah blah" How do I fix that and I have preloader 0.29.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you probabaly had Cioscorp installed along with preloader.

in my forums i have agreat guide on how to achieve both on 4.0

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
One more quick question before i take the leap and mod my first Wii.

Is there anything I WONT be able to do on a modded Wii that I could do on an unmodded Wii.

Oh and will i still be able to play online without problems. (Ive read of Nintendo banning peoples IP, MAC address etc)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be able to do all and more you could before.

Nintendo are banning cheaters, people who use action replay (ocarina) codes during online matches.

Nothing to do with copies, nintendo actualy have no way to know the games a copy online.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
kongsnutz said:
You will be able to do all and more you could before.

Nintendo are banning cheaters, people who use action replay (ocarina) codes during online matches.

Nothing to do with copies, nintendo actualy have no way to know the games a copy online.

Thanks for the quick response.

One more question, when ive done the main part of the guide (backup launcher and homebrew channel installed) where on the sd card do i put IOS60, CIOSv10 and IOS downgrader?

No worries, got it.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
nextnomura said:
the time I select downgradeios35.dol (runfirst) had nothing happens, an then I reset the wii to repeat it, and I try again just now and as a result

"failed to add title, maybe you already ran this"

I already try to delete and copy to SD card the result is the same

what should I do?
Same problem, how can i fix this.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
Will i still be able to play my retail games alright?

YES

Sir-Fritz said:
nextnomura said:
the time I select downgradeios35.dol (runfirst) had nothing happens, an then I reset the wii to repeat it, and I try again just now and as a result

"failed to add title, maybe you already ran this"

I already try to delete and copy to SD card the result is the same

what should I do?Same problem, how can i fix this.

Just skip to next part, installing IOS35 (usually it means it has done it anyhow)

QUOTE(skedone @ May 14 2009, 10:45 AM)
i have a LEH24 seriel number is that okay to run this on it has this or could this brick a wii its a pal wii

No you are fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey :) If I book mark the topic where can I read them?