Hacking triiforce mrc

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Royusmc said:
I have started using this on v3 and loved it. However v4 brings even more, but on v3 I was able to go back to the app I ran the app from. You see I use usb loader gx to start this app from a frowarder channel and now when I select to return to the hbc it code dumps. Before it just restarted the wii which preloader then started usb loader gx. For me this is some thing I will need to fix. I will try a better forwarder like the one I use for genplus. however if we could just use the way you did it in v3 then it would make this work better for me. Again thanks for this awsome app.

Where do you get version v4? I thought v3 is the latest version?
And where can I download a forward to use with usbloader gx?

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
slingshot27 said:
Royusmc said:
I have started using this on v3 and loved it. However v4 brings even more, but on v3 I was able to go back to the app I ran the app from. You see I use usb loader gx to start this app from a frowarder channel and now when I select to return to the hbc it code dumps. Before it just restarted the wii which preloader then started usb loader gx. For me this is some thing I will need to fix. I will try a better forwarder like the one I use for genplus. however if we could just use the way you did it in v3 then it would make this work better for me. Again thanks for this awsome app.

1st post

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
john1010_ma said:
slingshot27 said:
Royusmc said:

1st post

Thanx, but I can not find the forwarder there?
Is there some kind of rev. history. What are the difference between v3 and v4?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
span said:
Just wanted to thank you for this marc_max, love the GUI, looks really nice & easy to make your own banners.
Also thanks to Nicksasa, The Lemon Man, WiiPower and Empyr69er for there hard work on Triiforce.

Tested on over 100 titles, Spot On!

see pics below (soz for blurry pics took on my fone, usb gecko broke):

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

Thanks again, Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif

nice., any chance you could share your image folder?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
slingshot27 said:
I had to rewrite the whole code from scratch because I broke some compatibility somehow (now Bonsai Barber PAL and F-Zero X NTSC work, maybe others aswell). Version 4 and 5 should have the same compatiblity as the original triiforce.
I made a v5 that includes a small bugfix and now loads images from SD using the ISFS commands (if you are on SD emu, of course). It still save changes in the old way (disabling emulation and remounting), I will change that in a future.
It also includes an automatic USB version, like the first versions.

I updated the imagepack too.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the automatic USB version it makes things so much easyer. But I am still getting problems with the nes games using the hd cables not showing video. I can not get the regular triiforce to work to test every time I start the usb it code dumps. Also when I select return to hbc it code dumps because I am not starting it from the hbc. So maybe a check for that and if not started from hbc then restart the wii. I don't know but all I can say is this gui just what triiforce needed.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Royusmc said:
I love the automatic USB version it makes things so much easyer. But I am still getting problems with the nes games using the hd cables not showing video. I can not get the regular triiforce to work to test every time I start the usb it code dumps. Also when I select return to hbc it code dumps because I am not starting it from the hbc. So maybe a check for that and if not started from hbc then restart the wii. I don't know but all I can say is this gui just what triiforce needed.
Try to force video mode (open config menu with home button). Maybe you can force it to 480i.
Or try the VC component cable button combination. Press HOME to open the home menu and open the game manual, then press Z+A+2, you should hear a sound that will activate the component out.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
Royusmc said:
Try to force video mode (open config menu with home button). Maybe you can force it to 480i.
Or try the VC component cable button combination. Press HOME to open the home menu and open the game manual, then press Z+A+2, you should hear a sound that will activate the component out.
I don't know why but when I try this I do not here a sound and the video dose not work. I go to the operations guide in the game and on the wii remote I press Z+A+2 but nothing happens. But please keep trying to help me I will try most anything. Sorry I tryed the force 480i but did not work.

Also I tryed loading this using the genplus wad by adding the boot.dol and the return to hbc still code dumps when not started from hbc.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey nice mod! I did the original graphics for Triiforce, so if you need any help, or would like to make this GUI more polished looking PM me. I would love to lend a hand!

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
marc_max said:
slingshot27 said:
I had to rewrite the whole code from scratch because I broke some compatibility somehow (now Bonsai Barber PAL and F-Zero X NTSC work, maybe others aswell). Version 4 and 5 should have the same compatiblity as the original triiforce.
I made a v5 that includes a small bugfix and now loads images from SD using the ISFS commands (if you are on SD emu, of course). It still save changes in the old way (disabling emulation and remounting), I will change that in a future.
It also includes an automatic USB version, like the first versions.

I updated the imagepack too.
WHat do you mean by an automatic USB version?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Bat420maN said:
Is there any way I can get the images to load from the Hard Drive?
QUOTE(dancemonkey @ Oct 12 2009, 04:55 PM) Very cool. Can this load the images from USB drive?

Cheers!!
It seems that there are some people interested on this
smile.gif
Maybe I'll work on it in some days/weeks.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:

I would also like to know more on this because i also use composite cables and i get the black screen any time i try loading VC games whether they are on my SD card or on my Wii. i get a blck screen but its not frozen, all i do is hit the home button then it pops up the wii menu and reset buttons. i used to think it was something to do with softmodding but this happened even before using triiforce.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
you may want to run IOS sanity check bro
wink.gif
you could just have some currupt data in your nand or even have one channel installed causing all the problems (ive had conflicts between 2 WORKING wads before and they were HOMEBREW wads no less! (Mplayer CE animated from wadder and a edited Lost winds wad hosting Helium Boy) I could have 1 or the other installed NP but if i had both installed i got the ole "semi brick black screen white text " dilly so have a go at fixing your nand and if you get it fixed up do a nand backup bro
wink.gif
that way if it happens again you can just rollback your data
wink.gif

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that there are now banners for tales of monkey island. Can someone confirm that this wiiware now works with triiforce? I alway got a green screen hang when trying this.

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashexx said:
I see that there are now banners for tales of monkey island. Can someone confirm that this wiiware now works with triiforce? I alway got a green screen hang when trying this.

No they still don't work. I get green screen on both 1 and 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...