tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fogbank said:
>>if you write the tmd 1:1 back, but with the wrong attributes?
Not tested.

QUOTE(fogbank @ Jul 15 2010, 07:23 PM) In my previous tests I did call ES_AddTitleFinish without modifying the new TMD and still got the -1017 error.
Now I'm confused, first you said you didn't test it, now you say you did. If you didn't modify it at all, why did it give an error?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
fogbank said:
>>if you write the tmd 1:1 back, but with the wrong attributes?
Not tested.

fogbank said:
In my previous tests I did call ES_AddTitleFinish without modifying the new TMD and still got the -1017 error.
Now I'm confused, first you said you didn't test it, now you say you did.
I did not test writing the tmd 1:1 back with the wrong attributes (at least not knowingly). The attributes were wrong, as we now know, but I did not modify them and test writing them back. I just wrote the file back unmodified. That is what my statement meant. Sorry if that was not clear from my post.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Jul 15 2010, 10:34 AM)
If you didn't modify it at all, why did it give an error?
That is exactly the question I was trying to answer. If you read my previous posts you will see that I was speculating that a new signature check in ES_AddTitleFinish was not the cause of the -1017 error in TBR, and that it was possibly checking some of the file attributes instead of (or as well as) the signature.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, SNEEK knows nothing about file ownerships/permissions so has anyone tried installing content using the "fixed" IOSes with it? Since it would fail if it expects some specific values...
Edit: Disregard, forgot SNEEK doesn't use any part of the ES module from IOS.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi

First ,thank you for this excellent TBR ...
But some Wii are still resisting with the damn error -1017 during the downgrade the ios 15.
A person has succeeded in passing off line, but this solution does not work for others. The change of SD, there is nothing.
Have you a solution, because I want to continue to advocate TBR in my tutorials.

Thks in advance
wink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is way easier to do it with the IOS236 Installer though.
It does basically the same (patches IOS36), but doesn't need the downgrading to do so. And it'll work on any wii as long as the latest HBC is installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ted Bundy edition