Hacking [TUT] How-to install Starfall (With Pictures and download!)

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
everything else works fine. and i cant install shop channel it gives me error near the end. boohoo

yeah we know that, I'm sure you don't use the shop channel anyway haha

sorted it mate, i hadn't used cios_fix and Ios downgrader
smile.gif
all back on now. shop channel fine update now as long as u dont forget to say NO to install latest shop channel
wink.gif

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
With Starfall I would like to know if VC games from different region are playable.
I have a PAL Wii. Can I play japanese and american vc games with this program?
Thanks in advance.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it recommended to install starfall, and if you have backuploader and ios249 fully working, is there something you shouldnt install?

Edit: Btw, i tried to install it yesterday and i had to press B+2 to continue, not B+1?

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nkarafo said:
I have a PAL Wii. Can I play japanese and american vc games with this program?
Thanks in advance.

i managed to play american ones on pal wii, no problems.

QUOTE(RC89 @ Dec 2 2008, 01:49 PM) Is it recommended to install starfall, and if you have backuploader and ios249 fully working, is there something you shouldnt install?

Edit: Btw, i tried to install it yesterday and i had to press B+2 to continue, not B+1?

i have all options installed, but i hear its not very wise to remove the health warning screen.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Why? What have you heard can happen by bypassing the health screen?

patch it if you want, but having the health gives the wii more time "not" to go straight into wii menu, its safe to patch the health safety due to auto recovery happens before boot up, but id rather leave that patch alone
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Why? What have you heard can happen by bypassing the health screen?

patch it if you want, but having the health gives the wii more time "not" to go straight into wii menu, its safe to patch the health safety due to auto recovery happens before boot up, but id rather leave that patch alone
smile.gif

My Wii goes straight to loading the channels as soon as I hit the power button.
smile.gif

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will it come out for 3.3 or its only limited to 3.2 and if so is downgrading a hard thing to do and will everything i got working still work properly dont want a headache
unsure.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
will it come out for 3.3 or its only limited to 3.2 and if so is downgrading a hard thing to do and will everything i got working still work properly dont want a headache
One answer.....No 3.2 certainly handy for trucha signed wakkos
tongue.gif
anyway no downgrading is a piece of piss, your on old 3.3 or 23rd new? if old just use any region changer, that's all you need to do.
If your on new, more complicated their are tutorials and threads on this section so go search..

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 3.3 with the fix for 23rd update is it the same as the big N so can i just use any region changer or i just got to search for that tutorial
dry.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I have never, ever, take an english class in my life, so correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Take out the SD card and put it in you’re Wii.

here you go. You're wii now has Starfall!

isn't the right spelling YOUR????

Posts merged

Thor1981 said:
A question, what is it and what does Starfall do?

fix it (I think) ^^^^

Posts merged
Thor1981 said:

QUOTE(buby78 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:16 AM) im on 3.3 with the fix for 23rd update is it the same as the big N so can i just use any region changer or i just got to search for that tutorial

Just use the Dynamic Duo = Custom IOS Downgrader 1.2 to go back to 3.2X and the IOS Downgrader 1.0, to enable the trucha bug in you're/your Wii again..!!
biggrin.gif

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS ether2802 JUST USE THE DYNAMIC DUO
biggrin.gif
SO FAR BOTH MY LOADERS WORK GAMMA AND SOFTCHIP IM GOING TO INSTALL STARFALL ITS THE ONLY REASON I DOWNGRADED TO 3.2 JUST IN CASE I NEED IT
wink.gif

JUST INSTALL STARFALL starfallv0.5-cred.dol EVERYTHING STILL WORK NO PROBLEMS SO FAR COOL BEANS

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 3.1U and I been thinking of way to update to 3.2U. I tried to use the CISOdowgrader but somehow HBC doesn't even see the file. What other option do I have?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xellos2099 said:
I am on 3.1U and I been thinking of way to update to 3.2U. I tried to use the CISOdowgrader but somehow HBC doesn't even see the file. What other option do I have?

Don't risk bricking your Wii to UPGRADE with a DOWNGRADE app. Just use Mario Kart to upgrade to 3.2U.

But just to answer your original question... You need to put homebrew .elfs/.dols in /apps/appfolder/

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i need a real one or i can download a copy one to update the 3.2u? My friend have a real one so it is not really a issue but I would still want to know.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cracker said:
Xellos2099 said:

Don't risk bricking your Wii to UPGRADE with a DOWNGRADE app. Just use Mario Kart to upgrade to 3.2U.

But just to answer your original question... You need to put homebrew .elfs/.dols in /apps/appfolder/

That would work if Mario Kart had 3.2 on it. Just PM me if you want some help. Rather than upgrading to 3.2 I now prefer upgrading to 3.4 and downgrading back to 3.2

Others may disagree but that is there prerogative
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone