Hacking [TUT] How-to install Starfall (With Pictures and download!)

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoldenfrankO said:
This is a tutorial I made originally for Wiiso but I decided it my be helpfull to some of the noobs here.

In this tutorial you’ll learn how to install Starfall on you’re Wii. All the pics in this tutorial were taken by me! Before we begin I’m taking note right now that I don’t take any responsibility for you bricking you’re Wii. Alright let’s begin!

You’ll need the following to install Starfall
Wii with update 3.2 (If it’s not 3.2 you’re SOL.)
SD card reader for you’re PC
SD card (Wii compatible)
Starfall files (Download link in topic)
Homebrew channel

Firstly download this zip. It contains the Starfall files (I took them directly out of my wii)
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0azynmmgmww

starfall.png

Extract the Zip file. Doesn’t matter where but you have to be able to find it. lol

starfall2.png

You should get a folder called “Starfall”.

starfall3.png

Next open up the Drive you’re SD card is in. In my case it’s Removable Disk K: Drag and drop the “Starfall” folder into the “apps” folder on the root of the SD card.

starfall4.png

Take out the SD card and put it in you’re Wii.

(if you need a picture you’re pretty sad)

Next you'll want to turn on you're wii and boot up homebrew channel.

starfall5.png

find the starfall folder Click and open it

6.png

You'll now get a black screen with writing on it. read Carefully. Then press B+1 at the same time. It might take a few tries but it'll load up a screen with a bunch of options.

starfall6.png

You should get the following screen.

starfall7.png

To install any files simply select the ones you want press A and it should say install on the far right of the selection.

starfall8.png

when you've selected everything you want to install press 2 button and it should install everything. After its done press the A button to reboot you’re Wii.

starfall9.png

There you go. You're wii now has Starfall!

If you want me to make a tutorial on how to use any of the features let me know.
smile.gif
comments are appreciated.

In case everyone didn't know, the usual place to download Starfall is here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall At least it is the regular Wiki page where you get the link to download it from Crediar's site (he's the software author). Respect.

And, ya, if you can read, you can install Starfall, there would be a lot less stupid questions if people read, but noobs aint like that sometimes.

Yes, sometimes it takes a lot of tries with the key combo to make it run.

Y2K Frosty

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question here, sorry.

It tells me it's only compatible with 3.2E (v290).

It then goes on to say I have v194.

I do however have 3.2E, so how would I change it from 3.2E (v194) to 3.2E (v290)?

Thanks.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
EmperorOfCanada said:
Im wondering if maybe all these guides and tutorials could not be put into a "FAQs and Tutorials" section of some sort. Would sure go a long way to keeping the Wii Hacks section clean.
Yeah,
If I was high mod here I would do that 0_o

Madness of all those Guides 10 times placed and are like:

"Ok first step:
Turn your wii on...
Of course I will explain you how to:
There are two ways! the one is harder than the other one! be care full !
Walk/roll/crouch/jump to your wii and press the Power button! with the (') and also setup some Volt on your wii
rolleyes.gif
(SO THERE IS A LED LIGHT RED/ORANGE/GREEN)
ETC ETC...
tongue.gif

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
how can you make a tut for something like this i mean here is what you said in about 20 or so words

copy to SD card like other homebrew, run, press B+1, sellect options press 2, done

Have you ever tried explaining something to someone that has no clue, I mean really? Some people you have to give a complete pic to pic tut on something for them to figure it out, And sometimes you just have to give up hope.lol

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed starfall and i wanna do the wii shop channel update . Can I update my wiishop channel without it messing up starfall?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...