Hacking [TUT] How-to install Starfall (With Pictures and download!)

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all usa mario kart wii got 3.2 update doesn't it? Let say I download a copy and I launch it with Gamma, would it tell me to update to 3.2u?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zerof said:
Yes, if it has 3.2..

A) I thought gamma blocked updates?
*edit*This is hardly concrete but http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117...p;#entry1571341
B) Thought Mario Kart had 3.1?

Damn this site gives me a headache sometimes
frown.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
zerof said:
Yes, if it has 3.2..

A) I thought gamma blocked updates?
B) Thought Mario Kart had 3.1?

Damn this site gives me a headache sometimes
frown.gif

A) If it does then why the hell am I using brickblocker lol..
B) I've heard it has 3.2, I guess we need someone to confirm this as well..

biggrin.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that should work but only if it has 3.2
tongue.gif

I just used any region changer and/or cios downgrader but then I was at a higher version so..

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm... Now I'm starting to wonder myself if MK has 3.2 or not. Seems to be a huge void of info on 3.2U firmware shipped with games (or at least lack of any substantial info that doesn't conflict). I'm fairly certain that I didn't upgrade online because I didn't use the wifi until I had 'the goods' added.

I will check and reply back when I'm done...

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart does have 3.1 afterall (RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v257.wad).
unsure.gif

The 3.2 update is RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v289.wad and apparently no games have it bundled with them.

Chemical_Warfare said:
quick question: does the sd card have to stay in the wii for starfall to continue working, or once its patched, it stays patched?

No you don't need to keep the SD card in. The patches are permanently written to the firmware (well until you either change settings in StarFall or install new firmware).

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I downgraded a while ago, after the october 23rd update, using pir8's guide.. I then updated to safe 3.3u WITH wii shop channel fix ..I read on another guide that you shouldn't install that fix. If I try installing starfall now, will it fail ? if so, how can I remove the wii shop channel fix? (anytitledeleter? which file should i remove?)

This is the step I'm talking about:
QUOTE said:
Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.

i DID fix the wii shop channel..

Thanks!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzxp said:
I downgraded a while ago, after the october 23rd update, using pir8's guide.. I then updated to safe 3.3u WITH wii shop channel fix ..I read on another guide that you shouldn't install that fix. If I try installing starfall now, will it fail ? if so, how can I remove the wii shop channel fix? (anytitledeleter? which file should i remove?)

This is the step I'm talking about:
QUOTE said:
Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.

i DID fix the wii shop channel..

Thanks!

Did you mean 3.2U? Because StarFall only works on 3.2 since it was designed to patch specific addresses in the firmware's code.

If you did mean 3.2U then there shouldn't be a problem using StarFall at all - even with the CIOS.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I used the safe update to 3.3u: shop IOS51 and patching fix, AND wii shop channel, which the guide says you shouldn't install...so I still have the trucha bug and everything works fine, but i don't know if that shop channel install would screw me if i install starfall now..

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzxp said:
I used the safe update to 3.3u: shop IOS51 and patching fix, AND wii shop channel, which the guide says you shouldn't install...so I still have the trucha bug and everything works fine, but i don't know if that shop channel install would screw me if i install starfall now..

So it should still be 3.2U but with some of the IOSes from the 3.3U update for the channels (you can verify this in the system menu). Also StarFall would detect if it was the wrong version and return back to the loader if it was.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thx for your help cracker.. but I just tried it, and it says my system version is 353, not 293 which is what starfall requires..so i guess updating through the 'safe 3.3u update' doesn't allow starfall to be installed, just as i expected..so, is it just because I installed the safe wii shop channel ?? what should I do? just try deleting or reverting the 3.3u shop channel, or downgrading everything again?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzxp said:
Thx for your help cracker.. but I just tried it, and it says my system version is 353, not 293 which is what starfall requires..so i guess updating through the 'safe 3.3u update' doesn't allow starfall to be installed, just as i expected..so, is it just because I installed the safe wii shop channel ?? what should I do? just try deleting or reverting the 3.3u shop channel, or downgrading everything again?

So the system menu really was upgraded to 3.3U and just IOSes that prevented Trucha signing, etc. from working weren't installed. You'll have to downgrade with the RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v289.wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt