Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello people.

I'm new in this Wii hacking thing and just installed the homebrew channel with the Twilight Hack on my 3.4 EU Wii. Now I want to be able to play isos and downloaded-from-the-internet-VC games. The tutorial on the first page is a step by step guide for the USB loader v1.1, but I downloaded the v1.4. Should I just follow the steps mentioned there and replace the v1.1 files with the v1.4 files or are there other steps needed?

Thanks for the help!
Erik

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DutchRurouni said:
Hello people.

I'm new in this Wii hacking thing and just installed the homebrew channel with the Twilight Hack on my 3.4 EU Wii. Now I want to be able to play isos and downloaded-from-the-internet-VC games. The tutorial on the first page is a step by step guide for the USB loader v1.1, but I downloaded the v1.4. Should I just follow the steps mentioned there and replace the v1.1 files with the v1.4 files or are there other steps needed?

Thanks for the help!
Erik
Yes, You can install the v1.4
And instead of cIOS36r9, you can get cIOS36r10
All files can be found on waninkokos blog

The downloaded VC games have to be installed on the wii with the WAD manager (also in the blog on page 3)

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
DutchRurouni said:
Hello people.

Thanks for the help!
Erik
Yes, You can install the v1.4
And instead of cIOS36r9, you can get cIOS36r10
All files can be found on waninkokos blog

The downloaded VC games have to be installed on the wii with the WAD manager (also in the blog on page 3)
apparantly I'm doing something wrong. Here's my situation:
I installed the homebrew channel succesfully, and tried running ScummVM, and it works. So the next step was installing the USBLoader 1.4. My memcard is as followed:
\Apps\Scummvm\'a lot of files'
\Apps\IOSCustomInstallerRev10\boot.dol
\Apps\usbloader\SDUSB-Loader_v1.4.dol (which isn't even showed in the HBC)
\IOS36-64-v1042.wad

when I start HBC, I can choose between Scummvm and the Iosinstaller (where there is no added text or info displayed when I select it). I start it up and the next screen shows. When I choose WAD installation, a lot happens and this is the result:
[+] Mounting SD Card...ok
[+] Reading "ios36-64-v1042.wad" please wait....ok

[+] Patching custom ISO, please wait...
>> Extracting content #00...1 patches applied
>> Extracting content #01...5 patches applied
>> Extracting content #14...11 patches applied
>> title extracted succesfully

[+] Adding content, please wait
>> Content #15 added succesfully

[+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
>> Installing ticket...ERROR! (Ret = 2011)

What is going wrong? can anyone help? Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DutchRurouni said:
apparantly I'm doing something wrong. Here's my situation:
I installed the homebrew channel succesfully, and tried running ScummVM, and it works. So the next step was installing the USBLoader 1.4. My memcard is as followed:
\Apps\Scummvm\'a lot of files'
\Apps\IOSCustomInstallerRev10\boot.dol
\Apps\usbloader\SDUSB-Loader_v1.4.dol (which isn't even showed in the HBC) > Installing ticket...ERROR! (Ret = 2011) I guess that problem is your on 3.4, so I suggest you follow this guide. theres a step that tells you to install cios_fix.wad, but install cIOS36r10 instead. If you do NOT want to downgrade your done, else follow the rest of the guide.

What is going wrong? can anyone help? Thanks!

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll have to follow the other guide since USB Loader won't work without the custom ios

edit:
replacing the cios_fix.wad step with the rev10.wad doesn't work so I'll just follow the complete guide first, then I'll try this one again

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q: Can I put the ISO on my Hard drive through Windows?
A: Yes, the WBFS Tool.

Really ?? I dont have to buy Kingston drive to do that ? How does it work ? I have USB Loader v1.1 and HBC and everything's okay but didnt test ISO on my Hard drive because you say you can do that through Windows with WBFS tool. How ?

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well I got it to work, thanks everyone! Now all that's left is to hook up my Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB HD on it, but if I understand correctly the Wii will format this to an for-Windows-unknown format? Seeing that I use the same HD for my HDX-1000, what would be a usefull size to make that Wii-partition? How do I copy my Wii-isos from the NTFS partition to the Wii partition then?

Canuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, can I just confirm, before I try and use usb loader 1.4 I have to have the homebrew channel installed first, and a I also 100% need the original Zelda game ?

I have a uk wii with wiikey 1 installed.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Canuk said:
guys, can I just confirm, before I try and use usb loader 1.4 I have to have the homebrew channel installed first, and a I also 100% need the original Zelda game ?

I have a uk wii with wiikey 1 installed.

You need the zelda game only once. Just to install the Homebrew channel. Then you load the app of your sd card from the apps folder.

SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got excited at the prospect of running all my wii games of harddrive so i went out and bought a brand new 350 gb lacie external hard drive only to plug it into my wii and get that ret---1 error after choosing mass srorage device do i need to do anything to it berore the wii picks it up or is it just because it aint compatible i tried both usbs and nothing if thats the case it should really be stickied the compatible drives because i just blew 200 bucks on a drive that now i have no use for...

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
welshy said:
Help. I'm getting ERROR! (ret = -1) when installing cIOS36_rev9-installer.dol . Ive installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad through wad manager. I've also deleted IOS249 through AnyTitle deleter. I'm on 3.2e with wiikey installed.

i had the same problem with my 350 gb harddrive man but i installed ios36rev10 and it found the drive no worries but now i am getting -6 can find partition but it is a step in the right direction for me

Mr.BS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mickthestud said:
i keep getting error ret-6 no partition found can anybody help me its a brand new lacie 350 gb ext

Connect it to your pc and try some WBFS software to format the drive in WBFS, in Linux wbfs-wrapper.
In Windoze i don't know for sure but maybe wbfs-manager.....or try the SEARCH button....
wacko.gif

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! The Usbloader v1.1 works great for me except i'm having a few problems.
1. can anyone point me in the direction for a patch/program/whatever to make a game pal to ntsc-u on my pc. when ever i try to play 2 of my ISOs I keep getting a distorted black and white picture. EDIT: Found a usbloader that forces to NTSC-U fixed the problem

2. and this is for my friend chuymaster. every time he tries to install the cIOSrev9 he gets error -1.
his wii is 3.2U softmodded and has never installed a cIOS before...i think.

worldwidewii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem,

i load DONKEY KONG jungle beat JP on my USA wii and a green screen appeared?

why?

i have tried another JP region game on my wii and i have no problem at all.

well, if i load other games a green screen will flash after i hit load the game but for DONKEY KONG the screen stays.

help me
thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's true, both our eyes are straight white, and we know better
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're a towel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, you're a towel
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you're a towel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you're a......wut. Wanna get hjgh?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first