harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
My usb drive is completely messed up...

I formatted it on USBLoader 1.1 and added 5 games. Then I used the USB drive on my computer (gave it the letter W: ) and added Dead Rising and Pikmin 2 via my computer. Oddly enough, no game was listed on my USB drive on the computer. I still added the 2 new games and put it back into my Wii.

Now USB loader 1.5 and this great open source community loader thing (rev 171) both ONLY SHOW OLD GAMES, no sign of the new. However, one of the loaders said "7 games" (which is right, but only 5 are listed).

I formatted the drive back to NTFS, completely, no quick format. Than I added music files and stuff, worked like a normal NTFS drive. I then used WBFS Manager 2.5 to format it again to WBFS. Added the 2 new games. Put it into my Wii. IT SHOWS THE 5 OLD GAMES from before (from BEFORE formatting it to NTFS, what the?).

So formatting or adding games doesn't do a THING. All this trouble now makes USB Loader 1.5 now crash randomly. How the f*** can I format this drive to work like on day 1?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
harryk said:
My usb drive is completely messed up...

I formatted it on USBLoader 1.1 and added 5 games. Then I used the USB drive on my computer (gave it the letter W: ) and added Dead Rising and Pikmin 2 via my computer. Oddly enough, no game was listed on my USB drive on the computer. I still added the 2 new games and put it back into my Wii.

Now USB loader 1.5 and this great open source community loader thing (rev 171) both ONLY SHOW OLD GAMES, no sign of the new. However, one of the loaders said "7 games" (which is right, but only 5 are listed).

I formatted the drive back to NTFS, completely, no quick format. Than I added music files and stuff, worked like a normal NTFS drive. I then used WBFS Manager 2.5 to format it again to WBFS. Added the 2 new games. Put it into my Wii. IT SHOWS THE 5 OLD GAMES from before (from BEFORE formatting it to NTFS, what the?).

So formatting or adding games doesn't do a THING. All this trouble now makes USB Loader 1.5 now crash randomly. How the f*** can I format this drive to work like on day 1?
Yeah, I have the same problem as you, no games show up. Help?
If you want to restart clean though, I'd recommend deleting the partition, making a new partition of the unallocated space in FAT32, and then reformat it to WBFS.

whathehell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me out here...
I am having problems installing this, I copied everything to teh root of the card, I do the entire Prep section but the USB loader never appears in teh Homebrew Channel.

any input will be appreciated.
Thanks

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm totally messing up like a noob here so I hope someone here can help me out. The whole idea was that I hooked up my WD My Book of 500GB, divided in two partitions. One wii partition and one Windows partition. So I partitionized my HD into two, hooked up the HD onto my Wii and let the Wii format the disc. That resulted in one big partition al of the sudden which Windows doesn't even recognize as a HD or even used HD space. So I managed to make one big NTSC partition of it again, and I was hoping that someone could give me a hand with creating two partitions here like mentioned before, so that I can use the external HD on my Wii for gaming, and the other partition on my HDX-1000 for watching movies.

Thanks in advance!
Erik

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@HarryK
the only thing i can think of would be the loader itself, perhaps it saves something on your SD like a list of previous games? i dont know sorry, i've never had an issue and i've been using original loader 1.1 from the first release lol

now my own question
is there any cIOS yet that allows USB Loading AND USB devices at the same time? for example rock band instruments whilst loading rock band from a USB HDD?

AND what issues were there with cIOS_r10? i heard there were some, which is why i'm remaining on 9. what exactly did it change from r9?

i've asked that question like 10 times and have never been answered yet lol

finally, how can i find the 6 digit game id of a game, without putting it on a HDD and loading it in WBFS manager? the internet is crap at finding what i need it to sorry lol

cheers to all

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey, I'm getting the error that, when it asks me to partition in WBFS, USBLoader tells me that each partition "cannot be formatted". Lacie/Seagate 250GB Ive tried Fat32 and NTFS and Mac OS Extended Journaled. Please Help!
frown.gif

hiiwiimii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searched for an answer but haven't found any...

I have system menu 3.4, twilight hack installed, gamma loader working but any USB loader fails to work. They load, show the drive and its contents (added from WBFSManager), but upon selection nothing happens - nothing ever loads, no error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Idoliside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick problem. Ive got the USB loader working and everything. Filled up the HD with my backup games. They run fine but every now and then it will lock up, get stuck on a loading screen. Usually the sound will go or get stuck on a loop before this happens. Makes it quite unreliable to run games off.

On the system ive got Gamma launcher working and the USB launcher aswell as Starfall. No internal chip and totally softmodded, downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2. Ive installed quite a few Cios's and Dvdx.

I'm running the games off a 250gb internal HD running from an enclosure. Formatted from Fat32 to WBFS and using WBFS Loader 3.0 to put games on. Running WiiShizzza & the Crew Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 to run the games.

Can anyone help, these lockups and crash's are quite annoying.

Chargin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii wont read discs anymore.
I modded it today from virgin 4.0 hoping to be able to use a USB drive and copy all my games to that.
I think Im discovering this plan wont be possible though as I believe I cant get the games onto the USB drive using windows, I dont have Linux.

What could I do?
Ive been able to rip games to my PC from the disc, but I believe I cant actually copy these ISOs to a USB drive and just expect it to work.
What about people who illegally download? I never pirate games but surely they are downloading to a PC first? or do they just do it straight to the Wii?
Maybe I could get copies of the games I own that way if its the only possibility.

Its out of warrantee, just stopped reading discs oneday, every disc gives an error now.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hiiwiimii said:
Searched for an answer but haven't found any...

I have system menu 3.4, twilight hack installed, gamma loader working but any USB loader fails to work. They load, show the drive and its contents (added from WBFSManager), but upon selection nothing happens - nothing ever loads, no error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you install cios36rev10 ???

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chargin said:
My Wii wont read discs anymore.
I modded it today from virgin 4.0 hoping to be able to use a USB drive and copy all my games to that.
I think Im discovering this plan wont be possible though as I believe I cant get the games onto the USB drive using windows, I dont have Linux.

What could I do?
Ive been able to rip games to my PC from the disc, but I believe I cant actually copy these ISOs to a USB drive and just expect it to work.
What about people who illegally download? I never pirate games but surely they are downloading to a PC first? or do they just do it straight to the Wii?
Maybe I could get copies of the games I own that way if its the only possibility.

Its out of warrantee, just stopped reading discs oneday, every disc gives an error now.

Well as long as you have the right usbloader and the right cIOS36 (like usbloader v1.5+cIOS36_rev10)installed, the wii part is done. If you want to put a ISO from a disk on your usb drive and get the wii to read it. 1st format your usb drive to WBFS format. This can be done from the usbloader on the wii or from the WBFS Manager on Windows. 2nd if you want to put an ISO on it you could use the one you have your PC and put them on your usb with the WBFS Manager or if your wii begins to read disks again you could use the usbloader on the wii and rip the ISOs directly from the disk to the usb drive.

Also could someone tell me whats wrong with my usb drive? Whenever i rip from wii to usb it takes about 1 hour and 20 min instead of only 20-30 mins.

elbee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't get the USB loader working with my FREECOM toughdrive 160GB. Got WBFS on the drive with my PC (hell of a job but eventually succeeded), added a iso, but can't use it on my wii. USB loader programs just freeze. Read the FAQs, searched my ass off but didn't found a solution.

What am i doing wrong ??

Data:
* WII 3.2E, HBC, rev10 cios, gamma loader, (no preloader, no cioscorp)
* FREECOM toughdrive 160GB with no external power.
* used original usbloader, GX one, beardface coverflow, all freeze.
* diskled just lights up constant when connected to wii
* tried both usb ports

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody, i've read the tutorial in the first post, but since 33 new posts have already been made i think i'm a bit outdated
smile.gif

so here's my question
i have an hardmodded wii
Firmware 4.0E (clean)

can i install the HBC on my wii by using the bannerbomber exploit? (it doesn't have a blacklisted serial number)
can i install the cIOS Rev9? (or Rev 10? wich is best?)
if yes, can i then revert to a clean install again? or once installed, the cIOS can't be removed?

thnx in advice
smile.gif

PS: and i was forgetting about it, can anyone post an md5 Hash of the file IOS36-64-v1042 wad ?
so that i won't run into fakes and brick my wii becouse of some stupid troll
smile.gif

RedwinD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for my bad english,
I have read many posts in this thread but I cant still understand "boot games" .
So if I download from net a game (example Tenchu 4), then I can play it or not?
Thank you

Kleiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q: I know what a partition is, is there any way for me to repartition my drive without loosing current data?
A: Unfortunately, there's no easy way to just repartition without deleting previous partitions that I know of.

Would just like to add.. it's possible to use the built in vista disk management tool tool to repartition a drive without losing data.

Right click My Computer>- Manage. Storage Tab>- disk Management.

Once there, you can shrink a currently made partition (this does not delete data on that partition) and then use the space made available from shrinking the other one, to make a new partition. If you're wanting to make it a WBFS partition, make sure to tell windows NOT to format it, and just leave it as file space with no file system; then use WBFS manager to set up the WBFS file system on the new partition, and voila.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.