Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

greggorob64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone on this site, you've been a great asset for me getting the coverflow usb loader running!

I have a question though:

I got the Coverflow USBLoader up and running on my wii (4.0U firmware). But i have a small question: When i plug in punchout wii, it is asking me to update my wii system.

Do you think this will break my usb loader? Is it safe to install?

Thanks in advance!

Kleiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't install it. you need to use software to remove the update partition, however to that i don't have a link.. :/

tdmurphy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elbee said:
I don't get the USB loader working with my FREECOM toughdrive 160GB. Got WBFS on the drive with my PC (hell of a job but eventually succeeded), added a iso, but can't use it on my wii. USB loader programs just freeze. Read the FAQs, searched my ass off but didn't found a solution.

What am i doing wrong ??

Data:
* WII 3.2E, HBC, rev10 cios, gamma loader, (no preloader, no cioscorp)
* FREECOM toughdrive 160GB with no external power.
* used original usbloader, GX one, beardface coverflow, all freeze.
* diskled just lights up constant when connected to wii
* tried both usb ports
I'm having the exact same problem. Everything seems to install fine, but whenever I insert my USB device, the USB loader freezes. I tried with several different loaders, and I'm using a flash drive that has been confirmed to work, so I don't know what is causing the problem.

-edit- Even though the Sandisk 4 gig cruzer mini I was using is listed as working on the compatibility list, it keeps causing loader channels to freeze. However, I tried an external hard drive I have and it seems to work fine. Has anyone here got this type of flash drive in particular working? If so, any tips would be appreciated.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
I'm new to all of this. Noob question:
I see many people on youtube play games from their USB Loader without disks in their Wii. How do they do this?
when using a usb loader, the games are loaded from a usb device, a hard drive or a thumb drive, not the disc itself.

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having problems... Ugh.

All USB Loaders with Rev13a go slow to recognize my HDD and then go on to tell me there is NO HDD connected. Nothing works... with Rev10 at least sometimes it worked, Rev13 not so much. I am close to giving up =P

Snakethesniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got one question.
I'm using an external HD, Maxtor One Touch 4 - 250 GB, it works but I've seen that the transfer speed it's 33 MB/sec. It's good or I should buy another external HD?
thanks

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2 quickies:

1. Can USB Loader rip burnt/backed up games to a usb drives?

2. Can we transfer games to the usb drive through Windows without needing to rip them through the Wii?

Cheers
smile.gif

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, then I think my problem is my Lacie 160gb hard drive
frown.gif

It needs two usb cables plugged in to power it, would that be the reason it isn't being recognised?

maharajg

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi i followed the tutorial on the site http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html and was successful partly i guess, now my disc channel gives a message system update and any game i load from the usb drive goes into black/blank screen. What could be the issue? If i do the whole thing again using the tutorial in this site will it brick my wii??

Regards
Srinivas

duckmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added AcomData Executive 2.5 500GB hard drive to the wiki hard drive compatibility chart. Also added a number to the WD My Passport Essential 500GB for a friend. Both are single USB port powered units that work phenominally well with Loader GX, and Configurable Loader.

First post, I love this site.

jc.denton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Newb question here.

I haven't messed with IOS before, I installed HBC, bootmii and dvdx using bannerbomb on my 4.0 wii. Are the instructions in OP all I need to do?

If it is, I will try to rip twilight princess to an old mp3 player (iriver clix2) that I no longer use.

bt12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Vantec 3.5" USB Enclosure( supposedly compatible) is not recognized by GX Loader 1.5. I've tried everything and read multiple tutorials - no luck. I made an unformatted partition and then formatted it with WBFS Manager, then put one an ISO, and my Wii won't read it.

It'll say No USB Device found. I know it works because right after I installed rev13a, it worked and I got into the game menu.

Any fixes or usb drivers available?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bt12345 said:
My Vantec 3.5" USB Enclosure( supposedly compatible) is not recognized by GX Loader 1.5. I've tried everything and read multiple tutorials - no luck. I made an unformatted partition and then formatted it with WBFS Manager, then put one an ISO, and my Wii won't read it.

It'll say No USB Device found. I know it works because right after I installed rev13a, it worked and I got into the game menu.

Any fixes or usb drivers available?
have you tried it in the other usb port on the wii?

bt12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've tried both USB Ports. Only USB0 works, USB1 doesn't even detect my drive.
I used a thumb drive to get to the format partition screen, then switched back my external, and then I could see my games.

Very confusing. If I just try to boot my External in USB0, it'll no USB Device found. Which makes no sense since uLoader can read and boot my drive, if I go through all the trouble.

Is this an ios problem?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bt12345 said:
Is this an ios problem?
it shouldn't be, the ios, or cios in this case, lives on the wii, not in the loader...theoretically if uloader can see it, then any loader should. one question occurs to me, are you running usbloader gx or waninkoko's 1.5? i ask because there is no 'gx 1.5' as you mentioned running earlier.

also, what waninkoko cios 38 revision are you currently running?

masdeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
link on the first post of this topic don't work

QUOTE said:
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought an 8gb micro sdhc, wondering if it's compatible with the usb loaded if I use my micro sdhc to usb adapter?

Oh and for masdeeper:
cIOS36 Rev10 Custom IOS36 ( For SD USB Loader v1.4 ) [Victory]
Do a search for this on the pirate bay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It does look fun lol