Hacking uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
would like to say thanks for the usb port 1 uloader because a week ago i could not play usb drive from port 0 and now i can play it from port 1

amazing effort.

thank you all
grog.gif

_Thoth_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@josete2k

Sorry for the noob question here but if I already had uloader 3.1 installed as a channel, what is the best procedure for upgrading to 3.3?

I changed the files on my SD card and am able to run through homebrew but get an error on exiting (code dump) if I run with the channel I already had installed.

Thanks for your posts.

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
_Thoth_ said:
@josete2k

Sorry for the noob question here but if I already had uloader 3.1 installed as a channel, what is the best procedure for upgrading to 3.3?

I changed the files on my SD card and am able to run through homebrew but get an error on exiting (code dump) if I run with the channel I already had installed.

Thanks for your posts.

OK, therre's a problem with new libogc (libraries) and you get a code dump when you are exiting... but only with channels made with comex nand-loader.

Waninkoko's doesn't have this issue...

Download the new forwarder and try again.

Sorry.

_Thoth_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@josete2k

I'm lost. Perhaps a link so I could learn more about the basics of this stuff would be much appreciated and then I wouldn't need to bother you gurus with my noobness.

I downloaded the new forwarder from the generous link you provided but when I go to install it I get an Error -1 when it tries to locate the wad on my SD. I placed it in the wads directory, then I placed it in the root after that didn't work. Ugh, I wish I knew more about this stuff.

I had uloader 3.1 on my SD before with a channel installed for it in the wii menu. Then I simply replaced the 3.1 files with the ones for 3.3. Works fine through homebrew but, as I mentioned above, I get a code dump when exiting if I use the channel. Do I need to uninstall the channel I already have first ? If it was already working with 3.1 do I need any cIOS changes ? Perhaps a n00b tutorial for the upgrade ?

Thanks for your help so far.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
Hola Josete2K well I got kinda the same problem that Thoth had,downloaded the Forwarder and got stack dumps on exiting uLoader ver 3.3
But here is the thing downloaded the full channel and is working fine,no stack dumps.
Looks like there is a problem with the Forwarder
I got Wii 4.2 U with cIOS 249 rev 14 and 202,2222,223 installed

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you using the forwarder that I am providing you in the first post?

Older forwarders have that issue with the new libogc... sorry.

_Thoth_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I need to get rid of the uloader channel I had installed with AnyTitleDeleter first perhaps ? And then just use your full channel download ?

If I had uloader 3.1 working fine before, is it necessary to do any additional cIOS stuff for 3.3 ?

I'm slowly learning this stuff thanks to this website

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If your previous channel is mine you don't have to delete anything... They have same ID and you'll only overwrite 3.1 with 3.3.

cIOS are the same from uLoader 3.0.

_Thoth_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The previous channel was not yours, sadly, it was one downloaded through this link:

http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/how...herorusbloader/

The files I downloaded came from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyoezteovzn

I followed the steps to the letter and everything worked great to install 3.1 with a channel.

Perhaps I should just get rid of everything from that install and start from scratch with yours as yours seems to be the standard (I didn't know that before, live and learn)

_Thoth_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are the best ! Worked like a charm
smile.gif

Gracias de nuevo por tu ayuda, mis hijos están felices de nuevo:) (google translation)

hergipotter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh man, thank you Hermes!
Don't know why but my USB Port 0 does not work any more, but with this and Port 1 its working again. =)

One problem though, I always have to unplug/plug the hdd before it's recognized. Same thing with USB Microfones. Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

acevampire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to get an unpatched New Super Mario Bros Wii working with uLoader 3.3 after forcing into NTSC. I haven't had the chance to play it much yet, but, will it still crash despite uLoader's new BCA features?

Thanks in advance. =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: IM THE VENGEFUL OOOOOOOOOONNE (Can't you see what you've become?!)