Homebrew WAD Installer/Manager on Wii System Menu 4.0

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you install any version of the WAD Manager or WAD Installer on a Wii with System Menu 4.0? What I mean is that can you install it the normal way; by putting the 'boot.elf'/'boot.dol' in a folder in the SD Card and creating a folder called 'wad' and putting all the WADs in that and launching the WAD Manager/WAD Installer via the Homebrew Channel and installing the WADs from there. Is it possible? If not, how can I not install it? Or can I install it at all?

Thanks

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had wad manager channel installed before I used the 4.0 firmware updater (followed the updater guide on the forum) and it still works fine after the update
smile.gif

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
personager said:
and you too piratesmack. So Hooya, you've tried this and it works right?

I did that and it is working peachy. Only one problem. I'm starting a new post about that problem.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157169
Cool. Well the problem you're having isn't that much of a concern to me but if in the near future if it does become a problem I'll defenitley look into your other post or figure a way out. Anyway, thanks for the help man

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slashi said:
I get Error (ret = -1035) when trying to Install CIOSv7.wad (using IOS35)

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Sorry slashi, no idea what to do. I'm about to do this so if I run into the same problem as you then I'll look into it, figure a way out and help you out as well if you haven't figured it out by then.

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing Hooya, sorry if I'm bothering you. But did you do this by using the BootMii menu or the Wii's menu?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
slashi said:
I get Error (ret = -1035) when trying to Install CIOSv7.wad (using IOS35)

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hahaha... seriously? What version of a Wii you got? If it's 4.0, then you must downgrade. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735 Anyway, I never install a wad for cIOS, try using the normal program. I had -2011, but it's so similar. Just downgrade it (if you got 4.0) and if not and your Wii isn't the L-type, then use the cIOS that comes with Backup Launcher 0.3GAMMA and then upgrade it from there. Do not use wads for this. I failed at that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC