Homebrew WAD Manager v1.5 (NAND emulator support)

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be very useful
smile.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep it´s baded on 1.5 but just try it out. About the NAND installation i took it out for now but will be added sooner or later and SMB support most likely too (i mean i have it already working needs just to be cleaned upped and so).

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nixx thanks for making this happen, have you talked to pune about working with him on his, seems like you two have similar ideas, maybe the whole "putting your heads together" thing might be handy with getting features up on this?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks nIxx. I tried Wad manager with SMB support but it says it can't load when I choose SMB in the browser even though I have the right settings. Could you please release the source code?

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey nixx nice work!

a i fund a little bug:

it needs a config.txt because
it always start with your smb configuration ^^but i think you know that

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
smile.gif

But how useful really? I just don't know. I understand the ability to store nand on the SD card, boot it and install wads....but it just seems like a whole lot to do just to get wad files loading off the SD card. I mean, even in an emulated nand, the Wii is still going to take the installed channel and copy it to the emulated nand to run it (as it does on the real nand), meaning there will be alot of writes to the SD card running the games.

Maybe I am missing the big picture here? Any other real benefit to emulating the nand off the card? Will it allow a larger sized nand (based on card size) or be limited to a 528MB nand?

Back when I first heard about wad loading from card, I thought that some sort of wad launcher had been written. Looking at it now it seems that it is just a roundabout way of accomplishing this...

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i don´t see any reason to install games on the emulated NAND myself (okay at least you can replace a SD Card easier as the NAND in the wii
smile.gif
) but i think the VC/WW loading from SD Card don´t even needs a emulated NAND just the game on the SD Card/USB Stick

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zektor said:
But how useful really? I just don't know.
Being able to use an external drive as the NAND memory provides peace of mind knowing your Wii will still be okay and your hax can be backed up no matter how badly you muck around with it.

slickbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meannekes said:
hey nixx nice work!

a i fund a little bug:

it needs a config.txt because
it always start with your smb configuration ^^but i think you know that

Hey i agree, Loving the GUI. Any ideas on how to add a config file?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
zektor said:
illinialex24 said:
smile.gif

But how useful really? I just don't know. I understand the ability to store nand on the SD card, boot it and install wads....but it just seems like a whole lot to do just to get wad files loading off the SD card. I mean, even in an emulated nand, the Wii is still going to take the installed channel and copy it to the emulated nand to run it (as it does on the real nand), meaning there will be alot of writes to the SD card running the games.

Maybe I am missing the big picture here? Any other real benefit to emulating the nand off the card? Will it allow a larger sized nand (based on card size) or be limited to a 528MB nand?

Back when I first heard about wad loading from card, I thought that some sort of wad launcher had been written. Looking at it now it seems that it is just a roundabout way of accomplishing this...

do you realize every time your copying a ww/vc from the sd to the nand it's damaging it a small way. over time doing this again and again and again will corrupt the nand resulting in bad blocks!

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the first thing you do in wad manager works (when emulating). Re-start after every (un)install.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Actualli, gave me an error -102 when tried to uninstall Super Mario 64 wad. It deleted the contents but not the title. Did not do anything before trying to delete

Installs just fine, but does not uninstall

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, you can't properly uninstall wads from nand, you have to use your computer/wiixplorer to delete them manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O