Homebrew WAD Manager v1.5 (NAND emulator support)

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sabin_Figaro said:
How do I know which folder to delete? All I see are numbers

Yeah, there's no decent way to know what's the right one. Google for the title name, that usually helps.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
do you realize every time your copying a ww/vc from the sd to the nand it's damaging it a small way. over time doing this again and again and again will corrupt the nand resulting in bad blocks!

I never saw this reply..heh..

WTF? The nand was designed for writes. Every time you PLAY a game it causes writes to the nand. Every time you change settings a nand write occurs. Do you actually believe that bad blocks are *caused* by writing to the nand? Ridiculous. The bad blocks you have are factory, and no, they will not multiply with water or turn into something else if you feed them after midnight.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I missed it (it's also REALLY past my usual bedtime anyway), but was there a channel version made? Currently have 1.4 installed as a channel (which I briefly recall took some wicked voodoo on my part), but the convenience of having it right there as a channel to select and launch really beat running it off HBC first.

Channel version d/l, somewhere?
blush.gif

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP (official thread?)

Question...

Any way Wad Manager could be modded to do the following:

Title -> NAND
Ticket -> NAND
Content -> SD:/Private

Basically it would do the same thing as:
1) Install Wad
2) Move channel to SD Card.

This would save me a tonn of time and I/O cycles to NAND since I always move non-system channels to my SD anyway.

Is this a limitation of devKitPro? Perhaps the ES_AddContentData API only lets you add content data to NAND and need to be expanded to add to SD.

Thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol