Hacking WAD Manager

D

Deleted User

Nintendo_Chick said:
You just bumped a year old thread to announce a month old app is out on a forum that has at least 3 topics about it already.
For once, I agree with Nintendo_Chick.

No wonder this guy is called nerdii.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread, I have a Harvest Moon wad file installed with wad installer on my Japanese Wii, the problem is that, the game won't load and comes up with an error in japanese. where's the problem?
I already have World of Goo installed and it's working fine btw.

edit: Yep! Defend Your Castle and also Lost wind won't work either!

blinktoday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
psxgamer said:
Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread, I have a Harvest Moon wad file installed with wad installer on my Japanese Wii, the problem is that, the game won't load and comes up with an error in japanese. where's the problem?
Your are probably missing ios53 or 55 download an install them

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
1.Welcome to 2008! =P
2.The wad needs to be the same region as your Wii (NTSC-J in your case), otherwise use the app called Free the Wads, to make your wad region free.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
psxgamer said:

edit: Yep! Defend Your Castle and also Lost wind won't work either!

The wads probably aren't region free. There is an app to change that called freethewads. or alternatively, you can use wwpacker to unpack it, then use the region changing packer that comes with wwpacker.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
blinktoday said:
psxgamer said:
Thanks for the quick reply!
I just checked the ios you mentioned from Homebrew Channel, it says it's ios36, so it mean it's a bit too old for running these games right?
and exactly what are these ios things? are they system software files? and where to get the latest?
sorry if the questions are a bit n00bii.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
psxgamer said:
blinktoday said:
psxgamer said:
I just checked the ios you mentioned from Homebrew Channel, it says it's ios36, so it mean it's a bit too old for running these games right?
and exactly what are these ios things? are they system software files? and where to get the latest?

If you got a "message" when start a game it´s because your wad (game/channel) is different region as your Wii, in this case use Freethewads to patch your wad, and make it compatible with your region. In your case the message is in japanese, in american Wii´s it´s "you can´t use this channel"

or

If the game "kicks you out" to the Wii menu then there´s a problem with some missing IOS.

I think you have a region compatibility problem, because the games you mention don´t use newer IOS.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
OriginalHamster said:
psxgamer said:
blinktoday said:
psxgamer said:

If you got a "message" when start a game it´s because your wad (game/channel) is different region as your Wii, in this case use Freethewads to patch your wad, and make it compatible with your region. In your case the message is in japanese, in american Wii´s it´s "you can´t use this channel"

or

If the game "kicks you out" to the Wii menu then there´s a problem with some missing IOS.

I think you have a region compatibility problem, because the games you mention don´t use newer IOS.
THANKS A MILLION OriginalHamster! They're all working now with Freethewads, it was a region incompatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    I don't trust them lol
    Hmmm probably because reasons...
    Ohhh don't touch them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips...