Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, i posted in another thread that it crashes at the fire loading screen.

edit: referring to sonic and the secret rings.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
borka said:
1) RE4. Backup creator did create some strange iso, but then I just opened it wit Nero to burn image (latest major version - don't remember... 6? 7?). Nero said that the sector size is nonstandard and it should be fixed, then I just choose "shut up and burn" (wel... "Ignore" :-D). All is Ok. That is - you do not need alcohol if you burn it with Nero (Verbatim, DVD-R, 4x, some slim notebook LG drive)
Well, I received a few PMs and a few posts on the board also say that, but I tried it and I could get the game to work, so I'm just leaving dazz159's tip there so that people have a workarround if they can't burn the game right. But thanks, I'll update my list with TDK disks later and then I'll update RE4 info.
wink.gif

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaishi 3 [PAL] & Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn [PAL] information.
Click here to read my compatibility test list.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Regarding RE4 and Nero...
Fye_DX said:
Well, I received a few PMs and a few posts on the board also say that, but I tried it and I could get the game to work, so I'm just leaving dazz159's tip there so that people have a workarround if they can't burn the game right. But thanks, I'll update my list with TDK disks later and then I'll update RE4 info.
wink.gif

Ok, it is good
smile.gif
But I believe the important point is to choose "ignore" sector size. Since if one uses "fix", then Nero will try to "stretch" image, and it will not work (that is, Nero writes, say, only 2000 bytes to each 2048 byte sector, instead of writting the whole sectors and leaving the last sectors unburned). Maybe an older Nero version does not ask for this option (and "stretches" image), may be some nero express or like just silently assume it... Don't know.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cold4ire said:
instead of wasting valuable dvd media, y not just wait for the official release.
1. We don't know if there'll ever be one
2. How can a release fix things if nobody tested what has to be fixed?

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meowayne said:
cold4ire said:
instead of wasting valuable dvd media, y not just wait for the official release.

Well the fact of the matter is, nobody is really "testing" rather they are desperately trying to get their pirated games to work right. (Not that I'm judging.)

We already know that the issue involves the bootloader being a pal app, which causes issues with ntsc systems. No further testing is necessary until/if wanikoko
decides to start work on it again.

talicme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:
Meowayne said:
cold4ire said:

Well the fact of the matter is, nobody is really "testing" rather they are desperately trying to get their pirated games to work right. (Not that I'm judging.)

We already know that the issue involves the bootloader being a pal app, which causes issues with ntsc systems. No further testing is necessary until/if wanikoko

Actually you would be wrong there HowardC. I haven't played through more than the first level or two on everything that I have tested. I'm having a blast just trying to see what will work. It's like the lottery. I'll throw it in YAY! it works, then go do another. It's kind of fun actually. As far as no more testing to be done, how is Waninkoko going to know what to fix if he doesn't have the information that he gets from these forums. You can't tell me that he hasn't been following along. Not all of the problems have been the PAl/NTSC issue. And how would you know if there was an unknown problem unless someone happens to find one?

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HowardC said:
As talicme said, you're wrong. First off I'm a PAL user, so the NTSC issues don't even concern me. (Pal Isos on Pal consoles don't cause any image problems at all) Secondly, I have enough stuff (originals) to play, and I'm not even too fond of my Wii, so I'm not desperate to pirate Wii games. Thirdly, the backup-loader has many other problems besides NTSC compatibility. We do not know yet why certain games don't load, or freeze, or have glitches. When the source is released, these issues can more easily be fixed if it's well documented which games cause them.

I'm interested in this app, and I like watching where this is going, and helping people who have problems. That's why I test games, and document exactly what I did and what happened. It's fun.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sluggers still keeps hanging at green screen, I've tried 2x, 2,4x and 6x. The iso is patched with WiiFrii v2.3b and with backup loader patch. I don't get how you people are able to burn good discs.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I was thinking about trying this out, but I have a few questions regarding the games I want to try first...

First off I am using a NTSC-U Wii with AV cables (because I don't have an HD television).

The games I want to try out are Lego Batman and MarioKart, but aside from installing everything and downloading everything, I don't know what exact steps I need to take to see if I can get them to work (like do I need to patch with WiiFrii, if I do, what do I patch to, etc) so any help on the matter would be definitely appreciated!!

A big thanks to anyone who can help me!!

fassbinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cosmo2389 said:
Hi guys! I was thinking about trying this out, but I have a few questions regarding the games I want to try first...

First off I am using a NTSC-U Wii with AV cables (because I don't have an HD television).

The games I want to try out are Lego Batman and MarioKart, but aside from installing everything and downloading everything, I don't know what exact steps I need to take to see if I can get them to work (like do I need to patch with WiiFrii, if I do, what do I patch to, etc) so any help on the matter would be definitely appreciated!!

if you dont mind black and white games, then just patch with the included patcher, burn, and then play them like it's 1955

bander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fassbinder said:
cosmo2389 said:

... ... ...

if you dont mind black and white games, then just patch with the included patcher, burn, and then play them like it's 1955

biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D Wiiiiiiii
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.