Hacking Waninkoko's cMIOS rev03 released!

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the ntsc games that worked with rev 1, but stopped working with rev 2 still dont work in rev 3!
only difference instead of green screen, i get the wii "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED" etc... message!

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fast...

Awesome
smile.gif

(Just sad that it included backup support without mod chip...)
(I only want the Multi wii Game disc for my backups
rolleyes.gif
)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
james4204 said:
anyone else having troubles with rev 3 ? or is it just me :S
One time is enough...

(acting like you -v)

Fast...

Awesome smile.gif
(I only want the Multi wii Game disc for my backups rolleyes.gif )

---
Some other post
---

Fast...

Awesome smile.gif

--- but @ your question:
IDK...
I don't use soft pirate shit...
Just buy a chip for a few dollars and have 100% compatibly and region free gaming included for pirated games..

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
adr990 said:
Just buy a chip for a few dollars and have 100% compatibly and region free gaming included for pirated games..

At the moment, yes...
And not with all of the chips.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet.

I installed it and it's pretty awesome.

Now I can play multigames through the disc channel and I don't have to have use the patched MIOS option to play my save files anymore.
smile.gif

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adr990 said:
james4204 said:
One time is enough...

(acting like you -v)

Fast...

Awesome smile.gif

---
Some other post
---

Fast...

Awesome smile.gif

--- but @ your question:
IDK...

like D Jay said not all chips have 100% compatibly and for people like me i don't want to risk putting a mod chip on my wii because i'm not good at that kind of stuff.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fst312 said:
adr990 said:
james4204 said:
One time is enough...

(acting like you -v)

Fast...

Awesome smile.gif

---
Some other post
---

Fast...

Awesome smile.gif

--- but @ your question:
IDK...

like D Jay said not all chips have 100% compatibly and for people like me i don't want to risk putting a mod chip on my wii because i'm not good at that kind of stuff.

Only the first chips were having problems. But the new chips are quite advanced products.
The latest ones don't require any soldering at all, not even clipping it onto a driveboard chip. You just connect a flatcable and that's it. That cannot possibly fail. And more cool stuff is possible that way. Streaming an iso from a computer, or even a portable hard drive

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sigh, just me then that is having problems, damn starfox assault, worked fine on a pal system ( ntsc game ) on rev 1, but not on rev 3 :@

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
james4204 said:
sigh, just me then that is having problems, damn starfox assault, worked fine on a pal system ( ntsc game ) on rev 1, but not on rev 3 :@

Are you using the disc channel or the gc loader.

I would try the loader if the disc channel is what's giving you problems.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trancepara said:
james4204 said:

Are you using the disc channel or the gc loader.

I would try the loader if the disc channel is what's giving you problems.

forget using Waninkoko's cMIOS and just use wigators with mios v5 and v8 and cMIOS v1 .i think its possible to have all of them installed because i was able to play mulitiso from the begining or do they over write eachother.if they over write i think the last thing i installed was mios v8. i read alot of people have problems with Waninkoko's cMIOS so why bother using it if nothing works right with each update,there is always a problem.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
Only the first chips were having problems. But the new chips are quite advanced products.
The latest ones don't require any soldering at all, not even clipping it onto a driveboard chip. You just connect a flatcable and that's it. That cannot possibly fail. And more cool stuff is possible that way. Streaming an iso from a computer, or even a portable hard drive

Basically you are right, but for now there are only 2 flatcable chips(if i don't missed any):
1. Flatmii (streams .isos with real high speed to the Wii, requires a pc connected to the Wii during gaming)
2. the "modchip" from the Flatmii team (which is limited to 3x reading)

The chip with the portable drive support is not yet released.

QUOTE(fst312 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:27 PM) [...]

forget using Waninkoko's cMIOS and just use wigators with mios v5 and v8 and cMIOS v1 .i think its possible to have all of them installed because i was able to play mulitiso from the begining or do they over write eachother.if they over write i think the last thing i installed was mios v8. i read alot of people have problems with Waninkoko's cMIOS so why bother using it if nothing works right with each update,there is always a problem.

All MIOS and cMIOS use the same IOS slot(IOS257). Whatever MIOS or cMIOS you install, it overwrites the old one.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We all are hoping Waninkoko hits the complete compatibility, that's why we are all using it, otherwise:

".....well I have 3 games working with WG's that's it, why bother installing WKK's if it's not working yet, I don't want to help to the scene by installing it and wasting my time in tests, cause I am a complete @$$hole and maybe my Wii will brick...."

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
kedest said:

Basically you are right, but for now there are only 2 flatcable chips(if i don't missed any):
1. Flatmii (streams .isos with real high speed to the Wii, requires a pc connected to the Wii during gaming)

The chip with the portable drive support is not yet released.

QUOTE(fst312 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:27 PM) [...]

All MIOS and cMIOS use the same IOS slot(IOS257). Whatever MIOS or cMIOS you install, it overwrites the old one.

i just checked the last on i installed was mios v8.

i just checked the last on i installed was mios v8.
Flatmii (streams .isos with real high speed to the Wii, requires a pc connected to the Wii during gaming)

do both of these have 100% compatiablity or are they close to it.
one more thing when you say pc connected you mean by wires or internet.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
tj_cool said:
EDIT: dunno why, but the power button resets my wii in gc mode instead of powering it off ???

It has always reseted my Wii with any cMIOS, isn't that supuosed to do...???
huh.gif

EDIT: Sorry don't know why it sometimes does that, I think is the server with sooo much garbage (un-needed threads) in here...!!

AFAIK, when using the cMIOS the Wii will always reset when you press the power button. It's not a bug, it's a feature! =P
------------------------------------------------------------------------
fst312 said:
Waninkoko's cMIOS is (currently) the best one available. All the cMIOS work with Multigame Discs, but only when launched from the GC Loader, but Waninkoko's rev2 and rev3 work from the disc channel, which is easier/faster. They also don't need any kind of configuration, just plain 'auto-boot'.
If you don't like his apps, just don't open the damn threat... It's not like you're payin' him for his work. -.-
------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(james4204 @ Feb 13 2009, 10:16 PM)
im booting it through the gamma loader, ill add a gamecube channel wad, and see if that sorts it!
Boot the game(s) from the disc channel or the GC Loader. They have better compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Full of venge.